winnie

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Revr'nd Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Well said Claire..... I agree.......:notworthy:

Though I hope for good news from the Girls' front every day.... :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Debaser
Overbomber

Ah, so there are rules to typing randomness are there? So what you are saying is that once he has posted 1000 times (just as an example) then it'll be ok to start to post narrow/marginalised topics? You mention that inclusive threads are what we strive for, well he invited people to click the link, nothing exclusive in that.

So all he has to do each day is say why he's pissed off, why he's happy, what he's listening to, what the weather's like, what he's eaten, what he's reading and in a few months time he can post what he likes?

It might have been better if people had just realised it wasn't of any relevance to them and quickly moved on to another thread.

It's a funny word 'clique' it upsets people and they race to defend themselves (and I class myself as someone who has done the same) and those around them. Anyway, it not really life and death stuff and I'm sure we're all big enough and ugly to cope with or without YouTube mularky worrying us.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Debaser wrote:Ah, so there are rules to typing randomness are there? So what you are saying is that once he has posted 1000 times (just as an example) then it'll be ok to start to post narrow/marginalised topics? You mention that inclusive threads are what we strive for, well he invited people to click the link, nothing exclusive in that.

So all he has to do each day is say why he's pissed off, why he's happy, what he's listening to, what the weather's like, what he's eaten, what he's reading and in a few months time he can post what he likes?
It's never great to be typing stuff on a public forum that's dedicated exclusively to just a couple of folk... but let's face it, there are few on HL who aren't offenders there. Of course there is no rule of the type you describe, but I just thought it was kind of common sense that if you are going to talk about personal stuff, you get to know the people you are addressing with it a bit first. Then they might be very interested, who knows.

In reference to the currently threads - there's nothing to say that he has to make banal posts in those either. Quite a few people on HL avoid them. I do see something exclusive in the way the thread was started - are we supposed to know who winnie is and why we should be watching him?... and all I was doing was making a call for him to be a little less obscure. It wasn't meant to be nasty.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Debaser
Overbomber

boudicca wrote: are we supposed to know who winnie is and why we should be watching him?... and all I was doing was making a call for him to be a little less obscure. It wasn't meant to be nasty.
I have no idea who is is apart from what I've picked up on this very forum.

And for the record before someone picks up on it...I never said anyone was nasty :eek:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

This is a forum that was founded as an online meeting place for Sissies fans. Everyone's welcome to contribute, and TSoM "fanaticism" is hardly a prerequisite; my dedication to the band isn't anywhere near what it once was, ffs, so if die-hard, rabid clinging to The Man and What Was But Probably Never Will Be Again were required, I'd have to boot myself off the forum for hypocrisy! :lol:

That said, this is a true community, when all's said and done. The vast majority of the folks who post here regularly are active, enthusiastic contributors across the board (HA! :lol: :roll: Sorry, folks...). People who merely drop by now and then to deliberately stir up nonsense, or to hold private, insular snickering sessions in a thread or two, whilst contributing nothing of value whatsoever to the overall community, are not only missing the point of the forum, but are really demonstrating an utter lack of manners. YES, many of us have been guilty of "inside joke" threads, or behaving in a clique-ish manner now and then - but that's been the exception, rather than the rule, as I see it. Speaking only for myself, I'm truly not interested to hear about who knew whom back when, and I don't give a rat's arse who shagged who in some loo 20 years ago. That kind of inane, irrelevant, and pointlessly-puerile banter's suited solely for PMs, not for Heartland threads.

Heartland's head honcho is considerably more diplomatic and tolerant than I; I can only assume that that's why these folks are still HL "members". :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Debaser
Overbomber

Ok, Sinny
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Debaser wrote:Ok, Sinny
That wasn't directed at you, dear Ness! :lol: ;)
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Debaser wrote:And for the record before someone picks up on it...I never said anyone was nasty :eek:
For the record, Ness... I know :wink: - I just didn't want what I was saying to come across too unpleasant that's all. Saying something I thought needed said... but I don't wish to offend the guy (or his mates).
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Pista
Cureboi

Oh Please, not another Hearts**k :(

You both have very valid views, but it is a fact that keith's dad has not really taken part in the over-all HL er... how do I put it? community.
Look at Maggie (ThousandAndrews) who, at least came & said hello to everyone.
Now, if folks did that a little bit more, then when/if personal vblog links popped up we might (or some of us might) actually understand what was going on. In KD's case, we don't & for the sole reason we don't really know the guy. @KD. If you want to chat to us then chat. If not, then don't.
I don't know what , or who winnie is (other than a bear that eats honey) & to be fair, I am really not interested.
On the other hand, I am fairly interested to know what like minded people are listening to & have discovered a lot of v. good music via that thread.
In terms of the weather thread, i think it's nice to know without having to watch the sodding tv.
So, even the seemingly banal threads bring a bit of something else to some folks.
Nuff said.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Pista wrote:Oh Please, not another Hearts**k :(
Nah......I think the ladies are dealing with the subject well. :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

As long as it's not a link to nuns doing it with pigs (I have enough of that anyway) peeps should post want they want

There are a number of wee cliques on this forum, and strange threads can at times ruffle feathers but at the end of the day why.the.fcuk.not? Beats some other feker asking 'will we have a new album this year?'

The answer to that one is:Naw :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Pista
Cureboi

Good point, well made.

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

weebleswobble wrote:As long as it's not a link to nuns doing it with pigs (I have enough of that anyway) peeps should post want they want

There are a number of wee cliques on this forum, and strange threads can at times ruffle feathers but at the end of the day why.the.fcuk.not?
Because. Established members, who've been around awhile and have actively participated at the forums since joining? Sure! ;D
Folks who only recently joined and who never seem to contribute, but who nearly always behave like snot-nosed schoolkids when they *do* drop by? Nah. They haven't earned it, you see. :von:
eotunun
Overbomber

Good pint, well made! ;D
Psst-Duvel folks, that's bottle#1, right?
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

SINsister wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:As long as it's not a link to nuns doing it with pigs (I have enough of that anyway) peeps should post want they want

There are a number of wee cliques on this forum, and strange threads can at times ruffle feathers but at the end of the day why.the.fcuk.not?
Because. Established members, who've been around awhile and have actively participated at the forums since joining? Sure! ;D
Folks who only recently joined and who never seem to contribute, but who nearly always behave like snot-nosed schoolkids when they *do* drop by? Nah. They haven't earned it, you see. :von:
I have to disagree on that one, but won't hold it against you

James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

weebleswobble wrote:I have to disagree on that one, but won't hold it against you

Thanks, dear weebs, but you should know that it really wouldn't matter to me if you did, as I'd still luuuurve you, anyway! :lol: :kiss: ;D
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

@ Jam~es: that formal apology MadLib rules, hahaha! :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

@James

Box Tickers of the world unite
:notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I used to love to fill out forms when I was a kid - yikes. :eek:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I can't see the difference between Keith's Dad's postings and PiB's postings, or some of the Aulde Thrash Harry/Francis posts, or even some of the 25men posts, to name but a few.

Most of the time I don't react upon these posts, I did now because KD put in some unintelligible (YouTube) coding and I thought it kinda amusing to reply with a logarithm. har har.

OTOH, as said, the recent Green Biro thread falls in the same category as this post.

Just let it drift down the board I say.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
scotty
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
Debaser wrote:And for the record before someone picks up on it...I never said anyone was nasty :eek:
For the record, Ness... I know :wink: - I just didn't want what I was saying to come across too unpleasant that's all. Saying something I thought needed said... but I don't wish to offend the guy (or his mates).
Have neither of you got dishes to do? :innocent: :twisted:
...............only kiddin' :wink:

I don't think winnie posting his threads is any diffirent from others posting things about thier music , for example.
He's posting for what to him and others is comedy, and like music, comedy is about taste, some like one thing, others don't, but as a public forum he's entitled to unless it's offensive and is banned.
I have no problem with winnie or his posts, how could I?, he followed LOUD & Salvation :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:
I do see where Ness is coming from though, I found HL quite "cliquey" when I first joined, but that's Forums for you.
Now play nicely Kiddies, there's room for everyone.......................hopefully.

Keith.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I can't see the difference between Keith's Dad's postings and PiB's postings, or some of the Aulde Thrash Harry/Francis posts, or even some of the 25men posts, to name but a few.
Funny, I can't, either. ;) :von:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:OTOH, as said, the recent Green Biro thread falls in the same category as this post.
Yep. I guess lots of folks here are lucky that I don't run the show, eh? :innocent:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Just let it drift down the board I say.
It *could* always be locked, too, of course...but I suppose that that would end the sporting atmosphere pretty quickly. Hmm. :von:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

scotty wrote: Now play nicely Kiddies, there's room for everyone.......................
Keith.
Apart fae those fcukin' goffs! :twisted: