ThousandAndrews

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

welcome to the madhouse. you'll like it here :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
MUSICA È
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:I believe there are a great many of good and diligent workers in Local Gov, but I (for one) have been battered into submission by "middle management", performance indicators, interference from "Central Government", dwindling staff, money for resources and "Performance Related Bonuses" for higher management. The last one I take a very dim view of, it's like MPs being able to vote themselves pay increases - Oh! that's right, they can and do. ALL OF THEM!
Council workers did exploit their situation back in the 70s, but Thatcher put paid (no pun) to that. Successive Labour administrations have undermined and ultimately, whittled away the Public Services infrastructure.
Private companies are just as riddled with "backhanders" and incompetence as Local Gov was, fact is some of us are still in there and as tax payers ourselves trying to do a good job and deliver.
Yes! I'm very pished off but I'm in there and I see what a pile of s**t Local Gov has descended into. Do not think we are all bad apples, the majority want to do a good job, our hands are tied.

sorry, it jist happens tae be FACT! :oops:
That's kinda what I meant, with emphasis on the Central Gov. Particularly the New Labour gov's obessession with numbers. I could have a very long rant about how badly the New Labour gov have completely f'ed up this country...but I'll resist.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Syberberg

SINsister wrote:
Syberberg wrote:How about if we loaned you the money for a plane ticket?
Nope - I wouldn't be able to pay it back. But thanks! You lot are truly wonderful humans, you know that? ;D :kiss: :notworthy:
The offer will not be removed from the table, so if you ever find your situation in the USA completely untenable, you know where to find me.

As far as I'm concerned, money is worthless when compared to friendship.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Syberberg wrote:
SINsister wrote:
Syberberg wrote:How about if we loaned you the money for a plane ticket?
Nope - I wouldn't be able to pay it back. But thanks! You lot are truly wonderful humans, you know that? ;D :kiss: :notworthy:
The offer will not be removed from the table, so if you ever find your situation in the USA completely untenable, you know where to find me.

As far as I'm concerned, money is worthless when compared to friendship.
Fcuk the sh1t going on in other threads, That's what the Heartland Effect is all about. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

If we ever need a collection to get Sinny here, I'll throw in a couple of tenners if it helps, too. I work for a reason and damned if she's not a worthy reason. :)
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

:eek: :oops:

Do you guys *want* me to cry, or what? Holy smokes.

*Hugs* for the lot o' ye. I wish I'd known folks like you decades ago...I probably would have ended up a far kinder person. :cry: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
nowayjose

SINsister wrote: Do you guys *want* me to cry, or what? Holy smokes.
Crying for fun & profit.
Syberberg

SINsister wrote::eek: :oops:

*Hugs* for the lot o' ye. I wish I'd known folks like you decades ago...I probably would have ended up a far kinder person. :cry: :von:
*Big hugs* back at ya. :kiss:

And I would you please promise me/us that, if you have no way out of the States and you absolutely must leave ASAP and have no means by which to do so, you will come and find Steve, psichonaut, Dark and me (along with anyone else who'd be willing to assist) and ask for our help?

Besides which, it'd be a damn fine excuse for a Grand HL Gathering and P!ss UpTM. :wink:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

nowayjose wrote:
SINsister wrote: Do you guys *want* me to cry, or what? Holy smokes.
Crying for fun & profit.
Or neither, in my case. :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Carpathian Psychonaut

Hom_Corleone wrote:Fcuk the sh1t going on in other threads, That's what the Heartland Effect is all about. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I believe the phrase to respond to that is WORD! or so I'm led to believe by the 'in' kids of the day.

I've only met Sinnie once but if anybody deserved to be over here where she can give herself a good run at things then I'd say any offer to that end is a mighty fine thing. Not just money, but good will and inventive thinking.

Only other alternative is we find out where she lives and ALL move over to there instead.........

..........though obviously I've not thought that one through as much ;D
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Syberberg wrote:
SINsister wrote::eek: :oops:

*Big hugs* back at ya. :kiss:

And I would you please promise me/us that, if you have no way out of the States and you absolutely must leave ASAP and have no means by which to do so, you will come and find Steve, psichonaut, Dark and me (along with anyone else who'd be willing to assist) and ask for our help?

Besides which, it'd be a damn fine excuse for a Grand HL Gathering and P!ss UpTM. :wink:
Oh good, everyone else is willing to look after Sinnie, can I retract my offer now me dear? :wink: ;D :kiss:

BTW - sh1t going on in other threads? Really? Where? I can't be arsed reading them all.
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
robertzombie
Overbomber

too many to mention :roll:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

robertzombie wrote:too many to mention :roll:
Really? Ah fck it, life's too short folks.
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'