LCD TV Help

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I have a new LCD TV but have noticed that the picture 'flickers' at times-I keep thinking someone has spiked my cawfee :urff:

Please tell me this is not normal and I should return the feker post haste?

It's a nice TV all the same, once I move hoos I'll be passing it onto the maw in law and hopefully getting a really BIG ONE :eek:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Silver_Owl
The Don

Well....Is the scart cable in properly?

What platform are you watching? Freeview? Cable? Terrestrial analogue?

It sounds like a local problem (i.e: In yer hoose) - but it could be a transmission problem. Give me more details and I may be able to find out more.

It is me job after all. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Cheers Steve watching DVDs via S-Video cable and on the NTL box via scart
wavey, wavey, flickery doo da! ;D
Silver_Owl
The Don

weebleswobble wrote:Cheers Steve watching DVDs via S-Video cable and on the NTL box via scart
wavey, wavey, flickery doo da! ;D
So it's happening on both? When watching DVD's and cable? It does sound like the TV to me. :?:

Have a check on here - it can be helpful if you ignore the geeks on there....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/foru ... y.php?f=19
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

:notworthy: 8) :notworthy:

me thinks I'll go to the shop and scweam and scweam and scweam!
Silver_Owl
The Don

weebleswobble wrote::notworthy: 8) :notworthy:

me thinks I'll go to the shop and scweam and scweam and scweam!
Until your sick :?: :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Pista
Cureboi

You should also dump the S Video connection.
Compered to a good, fully wired RGB scart it's crap TBH.
I don't think your DVD masheen has a HDMI connection, but pretty sure it RGB scart. Use that one for the best possible connection.
As for the NTL box, does that not have HDMI connection?
I had a similar problem when I got my Bravia telly.
Picture was all snowy & had stripes all over it (from the cable transmission).
Turns out the signal coming in was "too strong", so the cable monkeys fitted some sort of supressor at the antenna socket to calm it down.
It's great now.
But if you are suffering with both on-air & off-air picture quality, it sounds like the telly is knacked, or there is another appliance on the same ring (fridges are prime suspects) that's interfering with the mains supply.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
reactiv8
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote:Well....Is the scart cable in properly?

What platform are you watching? Freeview? Cable? Terrestrial analogue?

It sounds like a local problem (i.e: In yer hoose) - but it could be a transmission problem. Give me more details and I may be able to find out more.

It is me job after all. :wink:
All of this is interesting stuff for 'moi' - Excuse me 'Butt-ing in' folks (?!), but living where I do, I often have problems too ... i.e. 2 monitors at work here - one is my '-pooter' (SKY are not keen on this connection apparently, but see below), the other one a knackered old CRT thingy, both getting SKY, and both pretty good too! - I'm told that Freeview won't work in rural Horrorfordshire, hence I pay out for SKY - 'Multi-box' too, which is even more expensive - I've seen that there are wireless thingies that can 'share' the signal ... but surely that upsets SKY, eh? e.g. Invalidating the contract etc etc (Waiting now for the Moderator's scissors! ...) I have to suffer intermittent broadband too, so just be thankful if you are a city-living type, eh? Tough for Country Bumpkins - otherwise known as - 'Hillbillies' (?!) I hear you smirk?! - Ho Ho ...

- Oh and don't point out what is says below about apologies,
This still applies, eh? :innocent: :roll: :wink:
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Anything that upsets Sky and/or Murdoch can only be a good thing IMHO. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
reactiv8
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Anything that upsets Sky and/or Murdoch can only be a good thing IMHO. :lol:
I'll take that as a Green Light my Good Friend! :lol: :wink:
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...