Favourite Cult Movie(s) ... ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
reactiv8
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Mothra wrote:
No worries :)
I saw it in the cinema and a friend rented it from Blockbuster, so don't think you should have trouble finding it - HMV have it on their website for £7.99 right now actually:
(http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProd ... sku=708915).
I think they fictionalised it quite a bit to make it funnier in parts, but its not a comedy film as such. I also have vague memories of a BBC production called Fallen Angel that I must have watched (cos thats why I know they didn't stick to the exact truth for the film), but I've no idea if thats widely available. I really enjoyed the movie anyway, & the soundtrack was pretty good as well from what I recall, but I'm pretty easily entertained and not really into GP, so any liberties taken with the story wouldn't have bothered me.
:notworthy: - again! ... I'm older and wiser now, for sure!

On another totally different subject:-
What happened to your avatar Mothra?! :?:
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
Mothra

Never had one!!
Never figured out how you add them .... too much time spent watching films about musicians and not enough time working out how to get a picture to fit the size restrictions (or something like that, either way, it was beyond my feeble capabilities!)
reactiv8

Mothra wrote:Never had one!!
Never figured out how you add them .... too much time spent watching films about musicians and not enough time working out how to get a picture to fit the size restrictions (or something like that, either way, it was beyond my feeble capabilities!)
... ?!? It's a 'doddle' - If even I can do it! ...
I'm still 'revving up' to the other stuff,
But surely (fresh) avatars are our Duty (ditto signatures),
eh Sinnie/James/Quiffboy?!?
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
James Blast
Banned

Yo! :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mothra

reactiv8 wrote:
Mothra wrote:Never had one!!
... ?!? It's a 'doddle' - If even I can do it! ...
I'm still 'revving up' to the other stuff,
But surely (fresh) avatars are our Duty (ditto signatures),
eh Sinnie/James/Quiffboy?!?
Trust me, I'm a total spanner when it comes to this kind of thing. How do you make a photo less than 35KB and inside the pixel limits? (PM me if you like - kinda wandering off topic here)
psichonaut
Overbomber

Mothra wrote:
reactiv8 wrote:
Trust me, I'm a total spanner when it comes to this kind of thing. How do you make a photo less than 35KB and inside the pixel limits? (PM me if you like - kinda wandering off topic here)
the same reason why i don't change mine :(
now it's old ...and the theatre of pain is over
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Dr. Moody

Chris Marker's "La Jetee".....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RvmJan1 ... re=related

26 mins long, unforgettable. ;D
alice
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Has anyone mentioned the cult-est of cult movies, Withnail and I yet?

Don't threaten me with a dead fish.

I just found it on youtube - currently watching. And i just realized it had Paul Mc Gann in it.
Now : this bloke has the most mesmerizing voice in this absolutely magnificently done documentary.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=0

Even if you dont believe or give a flippin heck about ghost stories, it's absolutely brilliant, and the soundtrack is guaranteed to send shivers down you spine. Absolutely beautiful ! I can watch it over and over.
Elvis meets Kierkegaard
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Thanks for that, alice! ;D :notworthy: *Shiver*

ETA: The deft use of Sigur Rós' "Svefn-g-Englar" nearly made me tear up... Cripes, I'm a sap. :|
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

vita e bella, La

one of my favorite films evah evah

[see also: the pianist]
Goths have feelings too
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

cidade de deus ("city of god". or whatever it was translated into eng.)
Pat
Slight Overbomber

I've always liked The Forbin Project. It's always left me thinking "what now".
I would also have to mention The Quiet Man although it's a leave your brain at the door type of movie.
Alien V Predator anyone.
alice
Amphetamine Filth

EAT THE RICH by Peter Richardson (1987), title sais it really. with LEMMY from Mötörhead in the mail role.

HELP by the BEATLES the best james bond type movie ever.
-> you can watch it here :
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=0

OUT OF THE PRESENT by Andrei Ujica (1995).
Documentary done in space station Mir, as is happens that part of the russian crew is stranded for months in space while on earth the Soviet Union collapses. Magnificent images, incredibly cool very primitve techno music, and at moments really absurd.

Elvis meets Kierkegaard
reactiv8

alice wrote:EAT THE RICH by Peter Richardson (1987), title says it really. with LEMMY from Mötörhead in the mail role.
:wink: 8) :lol:

Indeed & thank you! - Another I had forgotten! ...
It must be the drugs I don't take anymore - Ho Ho!

Oh and just to remind y'all:~
“The rich are the scum of the earth in every country.� G.K. Chesterton,
The Flying Inn (1914) ch. 15

So nothing is new, eh?

:wink:
James Blast
Banned

and time is money, bastard
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
reactiv8

James Blast wrote:and time is money, bastard

“Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.�
George Bernard Shaw, Back to Methuselah (1921) pt. 5

" "