Please help with my homework

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Little_Sister
Amphetamine Filth

Hi, I have to translate a text about ibiza for tomorrows lesson, but I´m really tired and can´t concentrate anymore.
it would be awesome if someone could read through what I have written and tell me what he/she can´t understand, what sentences are wrong (not spelling) / if I used words that don´t fit into the context.

Paved over and cemented up
More asphalt and concret for the sunniest and until now most natural of the Balearic Islands:
Ibiza is following the bad expample of its big sister Mallorca and permits to get paved over with moterways, viaducts and apartments. The building frenzy of the Island Councils, under the leadership of the conservative Partido Popular, couldn´t be stopped yet, not even by massiv protests and demonstrations, at wich Eivissi (the Catalonien name of the holyday island), was symbolically carried to her grave. Still the first of three up to six-lane motorways is taking shape, eventhough the farthest distance on the 570 square kilometre island is just 35 kilometers.

Under the previous government, (the left wing coalition Pacte Progressiu), existed a building moratorium mostly for coastal and protectet areas. But the conservativ successors opened the way for uncontrolled expansion of building land. Stella Matutues became the new minister for roadmaking, the inexpierienced daughter of the former spanish minister of foreign affairs and EU Commissioner Abul Matutes. He is owner of a hotel and bulding empire on the island. During his term he arranged it so that the island benefited greatly from EU funds with massive payments for advancing the infra structure and nature conservancy.

But now, many of the islands nature reserves have gone to rack and ruin. And for those refuse dumps in the wild the island had once recieved millons from brussls. Todays building frenzy is more and more keeping the travlers away form the island, among them many Germans, that had been the majority of holiday visitors and houseowners up till now.
made in the 80s
scotty
Overbomber

"My Dug ate it" was my excuse.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Little_Sister wrote:Paved over and cemented up

More asphalt and concrete for the sunniest and, until now, most natural of the Balearic Islands:
Ibiza is following the bad example of its big sister Mallorca and permits to get paved over with motorways, viaducts and apartments. The building frenzy of the Island Councils, under the leadership of the conservative Partido Popular, couldn´t be stopped, not even by massive protests and demonstrations, at which Eivissi (the Catalonian name of the holiday island), was symbolically carried to her grave. Still the first of three motorways each with up to six lanes, is taking shape, even though the farthest distance on the 570 square kilometre island is just 35 kilometers.

Under the previous government, (the left wing coalition Pacte Progressiu), a building moratorium existed, mostly for coastal and protected areas. But the conservative successors opened the way for uncontrolled expansion of building land. Stella Matutues became the new minister for roadmaking, the inexpierienced daughter of the former Spanish minister of foreign affairs and EU Commissioner Abul Matutes. He is owner of a hotel and bulding empire on the island. During his term he arranged it so that the island benefited greatly from EU funds with massive payments for advancing the infrastructure and nature conservancy.

But now, many of the island's nature reserves have gone to ruin. And for those refuse dumps in the wild, the island had once recieved millons from Brussels. Today's building frenzy is keeping more and more travellers away from the island, among them many Germans, who had been the majority of holidaymakers and houseowners up till now.
Corrected, corrections emboldened. I think that's alright, give it a check, but I think so. :)
more-sedatives-pls
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

and here's my 2 cents

More asphalt and concrete for the sunniest and until now most natural of the Balearic Islands:
Ibiza is following the bad example of its big sister Majorca and allows to get paved over with motorways, viaducts and apartments. The building frenzy of the Island Councils, under the leadership of the conservative Partido Popular, couldn’t be stopped yet, not even by massive protests and demonstrations, at which Eivissi (the Catalonian name of the holyday island), was symbolically carried to her grave. Still [the ‘still’ is not correct here, not sure what it should be… probably ‘while’, and then eliminating ‘even though’] the first of three up to six-lane motorways is taking shape, even though the farthest distance on the 570 square kilometre island is just 35 kilometres.

Under the previous government, (the left wing coalition Pacte Progressiu), a building moratorium existed for mostly coastal and protected areas. But the conservative successors opened the way for an uncontrolled expansion of building land [I’m sure they have an English word for ‘building land’]. Stella Matutues, the inexperienced daughter of the former Spanish minister of foreign affairs and EU Commissioner Abul Matutes, became the new minister for constructing roads,. He [Abul] is the owner of a hotel- and building empire on the island. During his term he managed to arrange that the island benefited greatly from EU funds with massive payments for enhancing infrastructure and nature conservation.

But now, many of the island’s nature reserves have gone to rack and ruin [not sure what the rack does there]. And for those refuse dumps in the wild the island had once received millions from Brussels [this is the sentence I do not understand]. Today’s building frenzy is increasingly keeping the travellers away form the island, among them many Germans that had been the majority of holiday visitors and house owners up until now.
Immodium for the people
Little_Sister
Amphetamine Filth

:notworthy: Thank you Dark and more-sedatives-pls, you helped me a lot. :notworthy:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Made some minor typo changes and cleaned up some of the phrasing.

More asphalt and concrete for the sunniest and, until now, most natural of the Balearic Islands:
Ibiza is following the bad example of its big sister Mallorca, and is allowing itself to get paved over with motorways, viaducts and apartments. The building frenzy of the Island Councils, under the leadership of the conservative Partido Popular, could not be stopped, not even by massive protests and demonstrations, at which Eivissi (the Catalonian name of the holiday island) was symbolically carried to her grave. The first of three motorways, each with up to six lanes, is taking shape, even though the furthest distance on the 570 square kilometre island is just 35 kilometers.

Under the previous government, the left wing Pacte Progressiu coalition, a building moratorium existed, mostly for coastal and protected areas. But the conservative successors opened the way for uncontrolled expansion of building land. Stella Matutues became the new minister for roadmaking, the inexperienced daughter of the former Spanish minister of foreign affairs and EU Commissioner Abul Matutes, who owns a hotel and building empire on the island. During his term he arranged it so that the island benefited greatly from EU funds with massive payments for infrastructure improvements and nature conservancy.

But now many of the island's nature reserves have gone to ruin. And for those refuse dumps in the wild, the island had once received millions from Brussels. Today's building frenzy is keeping more and more travelers away from the island, among them many Germans, who had previously made up the majority of holidaymakers and homeowners.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Little_Sister
Amphetamine Filth

Thank you EvilBastard, that was very nice of you :notworthy:
reactiv8
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Little_Sister wrote:Hi, I have to translate a text about ibiza for tomorrows lesson, but I´m really tired and can´t concentrate anymore.
it would be awesome if someone could read through what I have written and tell me what he/she can´t understand, what sentences are wrong (not spelling) / if I used words that don´t fit into the context.

But now, many of the islands nature reserves have gone to rack and ruin. And for those refuse dumps in the wild the island had once recieved millons from brussls. Todays building frenzy is more and more keeping the travlers away form the island, among them many Germans, that had been the majority of holiday visitors and houseowners up till now.
Sorry to hear about the Nature Reserves, if this is true? ...

Can't we put all 'Ravers' on a boat? .... and Sink It?!?

Oh and, hope you get an 'A' Little Sis?!
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

:lol: :notworthy:

Nice thread! I guess you'll be fine Little Sis.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Pista
Cureboi

Did you get an A then?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Little_Sister
Amphetamine Filth

Thank you all again :notworthy: , and yes I got an A :D

the text was taken from DER SPIEGEL 8/2005 hopefully the situation has improved since then - but I don´t know more about it.
made in the 80s