Cloverfield

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ignore the hype and get along and see this movie, it is not going to change the world but it will certainly entertain.
Point is that hype ruins movies (as do spoilers) and it would be a shame to miss out on the magic of this movie :notworthy:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

The housemate rolled in, and told me '5/10', said it was just a basic chase movie that did indeed die under it's hype...

:|
sultan2075
Overbomber

I tried to see it opening day.

My wife got motion sickness, so we left :(
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Mm, that crap is going to rack me off. Blair Witch was years ago people, move on and put your 'edgy' cameras aside.
christophe
Overbomber

I'm looking forward to this.
even read all the spoilers :roll: (I can't resist)
Another Shade of You.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Best bit is when Jeremy Beadle pops up at the end, all a joke....
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Watched it last night thanks to a dodgy download :innocent:

It's OK, just another monster movie IMO. Not great but not bad either.

A bit like Godzilla without the gloss (or Jamiroquai....which can only be a good thing :lol: )
DJ Nephilimbabe
Road Kill

Can't be any worse that The Zombie Diaries!

Just dreadful from start to finish. How on earth do these crap films get backing?
silentNate

DerekR wrote:Watched it last night thanks to a dodgy download :innocent:
I usually approve of this but Cloverfield works so well on the big screen :?
I had a hand on the gun
James Blast
Banned

Derek has a big screen :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Aye but I dont use it for dodgy stuff as it tends to show just how bad the quality is. I watched it on the wee 32" and it didn't look too bad for a CAM job. I reckoned given the 'amateur' filming style the drop in quality wouldn't affect my enjoyment too much, and I was right.
Ramone

Saw it here in Liverpool last night. I tell thee, any opportunity to watch a load of Abercrombie and Fitch twenty somethings getting eaten, trampled under foot and bitten in half is fine by me!

I don't know what the fuss is about with the shaky camera, it's just like watching a home movie - But with a few more wee beasties thrown in. But the actual style of filming and story line is very different to what you'd normally have to endure. There's no real cheesy 'saving the world' speeches or back story - it just goes for it from the off!

Loved it. Best film I've seen since Superbad :)
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
Blue Angel
Road Kill

DerekR wrote:It's OK, just another monster movie IMO. Not great but not bad either.

A bit like Godzilla without the gloss (or Jamiroquai....which can only be a good thing :lol: )
Spot on... I would add that not one of the characters is worthy of a second thought... instantly forgettable after about 5 minutes after leaving the cinema. The jerky camera work distances the viewer from giving a fig about any of them. That and the fact they are yuppies...

:roll:
Fields of the Neffalump
silentNate

Blue Angel wrote:I would add that not one of the characters is worthy of a second thought... instantly forgettable after about 5 minutes after leaving the cinema. The jerky camera work distances the viewer from giving a fig about any of them. That and the fact they are yuppies...
If they were working class minorities getting eaten the general public would go spare, the only way you can do this type of movie without a hero would be using the one group of people no-one gives a s**t about :lol:

No-one spotted that this was a love story then? :oops:
I had a hand on the gun