PANCAKES!!!!!!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

Just had 4 with whipped cream & maple syrup :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

If it wasn't for the title of this thread...

:eek: ;D
DerekR
Doobie Brother

scotty wrote:Just had 4 with whipped cream & maple syrup :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Away ya ponce, what's wrong wi sugar and lemon juice all of a sudden?

Nane for me, I'm oan the wagon again :wink:
James Blast
Banned

Molly's own recipe with butter and maple syrup :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gaz hasn't remembered what day it is today - men making batter (oh stop it, you filthy lot) is a pain. It's on the ceiling, on the cupboards, on the drawers, on the floor, on the work surfaces, on the fridge, ALL over the cooker....precious little left to actually go in the pan

:roll:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
James Blast
Banned

you did type that from the kitchen, didn't you? :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Oi! My batter was smooth as a babies arse, thank you very much Ness. :P We'll gloss over burning the butter for the first one, which thus looked, in Ethan's words, like 'snow that's been sat under a car for days'. It still got scoffed. The boys went for lemon / sugar / melted Belgian chocolate cats tongues. Classy bastards the pair of 'em. ;D :notworthy:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I don't get it. Has hell frozen over? You lot are *cooking*?! :eek:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:I don't get it. Has hell frozen over? You lot are *cooking*?! :eek:
We can and do cook, you know - only our attitude to the culinary arts is best described as more mace than rapier. If you can't scorch it with an open flame, deepfry it while risking your home turning into an inferno, or play silly buggers while flipping pancakes then we're not interested. Please don't ask us to fanny about with a salad (no danger, no thrill), make some delicately flavoured amuse-bouche for you or expect a steak from our kitchens to not leave the blood flowing down your chin - just be happy it doesn't moo, ok? :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I don't trust myself with making them from scratch, so I headed into Sainsbury's on the way back from school and picked up 6 pancakes. :)
Once I'm done with this dinner (laptop at the table? :ol:) I'll clean the pan and get to cooking them :)
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

EvilBastard wrote:
SINsister wrote:I don't get it. Has hell frozen over? You lot are *cooking*?! :eek:
We can and do cook, you know - only our attitude to the culinary arts is best described as more mace than rapier. If you can't scorch it with an open flame, deepfry it while risking your home turning into an inferno, or play silly buggers while flipping pancakes then we're not interested. Please don't ask us to fanny about with a salad (no danger, no thrill), make some delicately flavoured amuse-bouche for you or expect a steak from our kitchens to not leave the blood flowing down your chin - just be happy it doesn't moo, ok? :lol:
Erm - huh? I wasn't insinuating that guys ought to cook *for me*, ffs! :eek: :lol: Christ! And I'm fully aware that some men are capable of creating culinary masterpieces of their own volition - Mr. X does quite a bit of dee-lish gourmet cooking and homemade bread baking, I'll have you know!

I don't eat red meat, incidentally, so that mental image's just put me right off. Thanks! :urff: :lol:

I was doubly shocked by the notion of HL dudes cooking - and cooking *pancakes*, at that. Forgive my (obvious) ignorance, but what gives?
James Blast
Banned

the feast before the fasting
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Ahhhh - I completely forgot that today was Mardi Gras. Alas. I had to Wiki the whole thing to understand about the pancakes bit. Color me informed! ;D :P
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Ahhhh - I completely forgot that today was Mardi Gras. Alas. I had to Wiki the whole thing to understand about the pancakes bit. Color me informed! ;D :P
[sprinkles SINnie with lemon juice and sugar, rolls her up, and eats her in 3 bites] :lol:
Hank Moody
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Wouldn't we all? :lol:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Oy. :eek: :oops: :innocent: ;) :twisted:

I guess there's hope for me yet, then...
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

On a first date no less! :eek: :lol:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

:eek:

Who said anything about a "date"?!
EvilBastard
Overbomber

And it would be a second date, so there! :lol:
Hank Moody
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Tsk, tsk, EB! :lol: :P ;)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bugger. I forgot.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DerekR
Doobie Brother

markfiend wrote:Bugger. I forgot.
Think of the gut Mark, that's what I'm trying to tell myself :?

...mine's grumbling now though :urff:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Just polished off a classic lemon and sugar (and oh, I do mean a LOT of sugar)... then for extra sickly sweetness, one with butter and sugar. Mmmm-mmm!

I'm giving pancakes up for Lent :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

we made LOADS at school. amazing how much of a maths lesson you can fit in to pancake making.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Dark
Underneath the Rock

EvilBastard wrote:And it would be a second date, so there! :lol:
You stick to that, I'll try before the first date, if indeed there ever would be one. :lol:

I've just cooked 4.. I'll have the last two now, I think. *goes back to the pan* ;D