What was the last film you saw at the Cinema ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

We went to see 'The Italian Job' yesterday. It was great fun.
Zwei bier bitte.....
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

karin wrote:We went to see 'The Italian Job' yesterday. It was great fun.
really? i saw a trailor and didnt fancy it to be honest - i like the original too much ;)

last film i saw at the flicks was terminator 3, but that was only a couple of weeks ago. never got around to it when it first came out.

also saw "calender girls" premiere in leeds a few days before that.

and that johnny depp "pirates" film thingumy - tres funny :D :D :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
karin

Quiff Boy wrote:
karin wrote:We went to see 'The Italian Job' yesterday. It was great fun.
really? i saw a trailor and didnt fancy it to be honest - i like the original too much ;)

last film i saw at the flicks was terminator 3, but that was only a couple of weeks ago. never got around to it when it first came out.

also saw "calender girls" premiere in leeds a few days before that.

and that johnny depp "pirates" film thingumy - tres funny :D :D :notworthy:
The trailers I saw for the Italian Job were a bit poop too and not very representative. The film's a good laugh and It's not trying to imitate the original it's more like an homage.

Oooh 'Calender Girls' premiere get you :wink: was it a freebie ? I'm looking forward to seeing that - a bit of old girl power :D And Pirates of the Caribbean.. Sooooo looking forward to that. I enjoy Terminator films too but I make it my policy not to go out of my way to see them. Don't know why.....
Zwei bier bitte.....

Freddy vs. Jason. Perfect date flick.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Last Sunday saw "Spirited Away", an amazing Japanese family animation thats had fantastic critical and popular acclaim. Check it out, it was fantastic.

Directed by Hayao Miyazaki

8.6 on IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Going to see "Underworld" ASAP - after it opens on Friday! - Vampires Vs Werewolves and Kate Beckensale in very tight black pvc! :-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M

Andy...thanks for reminding me! I'm sooo there this Friday. Can't wait for Chainsaw Massacre next month, too. :twisted:
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

AndyTheGoth wrote:Going to see "Underworld" ASAP - after it opens on Friday! - Vampires Vs Werewolves and Kate Beckensale in very tight black pvc! :-)

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Me Too!! been waiting for this one a long time...Go Vamps! :wink:
Andy TG
Overbomber

Black Planet wrote:
AndyTheGoth wrote:Going to see "Underworld" ASAP - after it opens on Friday! - Vampires Vs Werewolves and Kate Beckensale in very tight black pvc! :-)

Having seem the trailers for "Underworld" - I was very much reminded of a live "Role Playing" game I used to be involved in a few years back called Vampire - The Masquarade. The game was all about hidden vampire "clans" who wage a war against Werewolves.

I guess the writers and producers of "Underworld" must have heard of "Vampire" or at least be aware of "White Wolf" publishers.
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Ian - Rhythm Smurph
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Padstar wrote:Last Sunday saw "Spirited Away", an amazing Japanese family animation thats had fantastic critical and popular acclaim. Check it out, it was fantastic.

Directed by Hayao Miyazaki

8.6 on IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/

Paddy.
If you like that you should check out his other films - Princess Mononoke and a slightly oder once called La Puta. (Think those spellings are close)

Pure Class
Serendipityhaven

Lilo and Stitch. was last thing i saw i think at pictures,or could have been Monsters Inc or maybe Ice Age...one of those.they all came out around the same time i think.

soooo would love to go see Underworld.no chance of that tho.m'be when it get released on dvd or something.
still havent got round to watching Blade 2 yet either :oops:
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
Serendipityhaven

actually,still havent gotten around to using the dvd player yet either :roll:
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
taylor
Slight Overbomber

deep throat :von:
Jim
Slight Overbomber

AndyTheGoth wrote:
Black Planet wrote:

Having seem the trailers for "Underworld" - I was very much reminded of a live "Role Playing" game I used to be involved in a few years back called Vampire - The Masquarade. The game was all about hidden vampire "clans" who wage a war against Werewolves.

I guess the writers and producers of "Underworld" must have heard of "Vampire" or at least be aware of "White Wolf" publishers.
you can guarantee theyll be in the credits andy - its lifted straight from the masquerade.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

Jim wrote:
you can guarantee theyll be in the credits andy - its lifted straight from the masquerade.
You think.

www.white-wolf.com

Court Awards Expedited Injunction Hearing to
WHITE WOLF and NANCY A. COLLINS in "Underworld" Suit

Atlanta, GA, 10 September 2003–White Wolf, Inc. and Nancy A. Collins yesterday appeared in court yesterday with their attorneys in an effort to get legal relief from Sony Pictures', Screen Gems' and Lakeshore Entertainment's alleged copyright infringements in their upcoming film Underworld.

White Wolf alleges that Underworld characters, theme and setting are based on White Wolf’s award winning games Vampire: The Masquerade® and Werewolf: The Apocalypse™, both set in White Wolf’s fictional World of Darkness®. Further, Collins alleges that Underworld’s script is based on her 1994 story Love of Monsters, published by White Wolf and also set in the World of Darkness.
Thea
Overbomber

lord of the rings - the two towers

i only went because i had the flu and wanted to share it.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Tomb Raider - Cradle of Life. And it were UTTER PISH. Quite liked the first one, the look of the film was great. The second is just bland and boring, except for the last half hour when it's not to bad. It's real waste of potential.

Definitely seeing Underworld 8)
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I'm sssoooooooo not telling (It's kinda embarrising!!!!!)
Only a paand.
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

Went to see Underworld tonight.

Oh dear...oh dear...oh dear....

A film about a 1000 year war between werewolves and vampires sounds pretty good...go see this film and watch them f u c k it up completely :(

Yep, I just saw Underworld too. The only thing I can say is that while there were no intentionally funny scenes in the film, the audience laughed right through it. Yep, it was that bad. Don't waste your money.

Still holding out hope for Chainsaw Massacre, though...
pikkrong
Overbomber

the last time was... "Matrix II", I think...
wanted to go and watch again some Bergman's film last week but hadn't time.
maybe will go to see "The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie" by Buñuel tomorrow... if I'll have time for it...
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The last movie i watched at the cinema? Either Taran and the Last Cauldron or Tarzan, The Legend of Greystoke back in the 80's.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

For my sins, Calendar Girls. It was okay, but I went as part of a deal - I see that, she sees Underworld ...hehe
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

CorpPunk wrote:Yep, I just saw Underworld too. The only thing I can say is that while there were no intentionally funny scenes in the film, the audience laughed right through it. Yep, it was that bad. Don't waste your money.

Still holding out hope for Chainsaw Massacre, though...
Damn. Underworld looked like the next half decent movie out. :x
24.24.2.489 Deceased
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

zigeunerweisen wrote:The last movie i watched at the cinema? Either Taran and the Last Cauldron or Tarzan, The Legend of Greystoke back in the 80's.
So you don't go to the cinema *too*? :eek:
What's wrong with us people? OK, I don't go to the cinema anymore because I can't stand that long without smoking... What's your excuse?...