Scientology?, what's it all about then?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
psichonaut
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:Funny this topic surfaces today, as this is the day on which, I think, I found the name of the really real existant Big Cheese of all spirits. Its name must be Aaargh!, as most of the people who maintain the ability of speech up to that moment say that as they die, in one way or the other. Independant of their native language.
I guess I'll choose to believe it's an inbred old knowledge. So I decided to found the

Finally I'll be able to afford that Jaguar and the private plane. :D
1st member...
....but don't ask me any donation :innocent:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
eotunun
Overbomber

That's okay. Just say its name whenever you can.
Aargh!, man!
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

markfiend wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Apparently Hubbard starting his own religion had something to do with this, though I don't quite remember what.
True, that. The Church of Scientology was started as a parody of the Church of the SubGeniusâ„¢. Or something.
Erm...not exactly. It's the other way around. The Church of the SubGeniusâ„¢, "Bob" Dobbs, et al., and etc., serve as "...an arguably postmodern mockery of organized religion, and a parody of controversial religious groups and cults, especially Scientology and Evangelicalism (evangelical, or fundamentalist, Protestantism, and "televangelism")..." according to the Wiki entry.

For more enlightening reading on Scientology, do yourselves a favor and check out this site and its links. ;) :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

I, myself am a devote of L. Ron Hoover and the First Church of Appliantology ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Carcharoth
Road Kill

Be very wary of the 10th of February.

Anon comes to visit the CoS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Chanology
http://www.partyvan.info/index.php/Proj ... 10%2C_2008
Point me to the sky above
I can't get there on my own
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

SINsister wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Apparently Hubbard starting his own religion had something to do with this, though I don't quite remember what.
True, that. The Church of Scientology was started as a parody of the Church of the SubGeniusâ„¢. Or something.
Erm...not exactly. It's the other way around. The Church of the SubGeniusâ„¢, "Bob" Dobbs, et al., and etc., serve as "...an arguably postmodern mockery of organized religion, and a parody of controversial religious groups and cults, especially Scientology and Evangelicalism (evangelical, or fundamentalist, Protestantism, and "televangelism")..." according to the Wiki entry.

For more enlightening reading on Scientology, do yourselves a favor and check out this site and its links. ;) :von:
But SubGenius is older than scientology isn't it :?:
James Blast wrote:I, myself am a devote of L. Ron Hoover and the First Church of Appliantology ;D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Apparently Zappa was a bit of a SubGenius fan btw :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Obviousman wrote:But SubGenius is older than scientology isn't it :?:
Nope.

I don't mean to be a pest, but...read, sir. ;)
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
mh
Above the Chemist

The Great Green Arkleseizure is about as credible as the lot of 'em. Put together. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

"the White Zone is for loading and unloading only"
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

SINsister wrote:I don't mean to be a pest, but...read, sir. ;)
I clicked the link and searched for subgenius using the powerful search function built-in in my webbrowser, which - however - did not return any results. And I don't plan on turning the internet upside down to find that out, so didn't continue reading your site.

But that's why the help of friendly people like you's always appreciated to give some facts ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

SINsister wrote:
markfiend wrote:

Digging up an old thread, but...

Yes dear, I know it's the other way round. ;D Hence the 'or something'.

My attempts at humour frequently go awry sorry.

ETA: www.xenu.net is a very good site IMO. :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

You are a Suppressive Person, Mr fiend, and we will fairgame you. What are your crimes?

Seriously, though, have you heard about the Macrab Confederacy? I may have spelled it wrong, but wow! Apparently the Scientologists are blaming Anonymous/Project Chanology on these guys, an ancient civilization that invented the income tax as a form of punishment and look exactly like the Blues Brothers. They operate stations on Mars which force dead souls into human bodies after brainwashing.

Seriously, what the fu.ck?!
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sultan2075 wrote:You are a Suppressive Person, Mr fiend, and we will fairgame you. What are your crimes?
:lol:

I wish I had heard about this Anonymous / Project Chanology stuff before the fact rather than after it. Although I think the more militant anti-Scientology activites (such as DoS attacks on their web sites) might prove counter-productive, especially as it is likely to engender (even more of) a martyr-complex in the Scientologists themselves.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Hey, some Anonymous don't go in for the raids.. we're too lazy. :lol:
Seriously, no-one would believe that an international group of faceless geeks would be a threat, but you'd be surprised :P
sultan2075
Overbomber

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CAv3p0XsIR0

Nicely done, in a WWII propaganda way.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
sultan2075
Overbomber

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

For those who haven't seen it, this is a good introduction. I'm not involved at all with Anon, but I do think they've chosen a deserving target.

When I was a wee lad, still in high school (back in the early 90's), not yet of driving age, my first job was as a book shelver at a public library. It was the sort of job where you had very little supervision; consequently, when I would come across interesting books I would simply sit down and read them instead of working. One book I read in the stacks over a few days--I don't recall the title--was by Hubbard's son and another fella, and it was an expose of the Co$. It was pretty horrifying stuff. I would not mind at all if the Co$ is laid low by this, and some of the discussions I've seen indicate that Anon has gotten together with former members and other critics to make a full-court press, trying to get media coverage and government investigation/intervention in various countries. They've also claimed some surprises are coming in the next month or two. We'll see.

I've also had the misfortune to try and slog through some of Hubbard's fiction when I was a kid. Great googly-moogly was that awful.
--