Lunar Eclipse

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
reactiv8
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Total Lunar Eclipse at 3am (British Time) Thursday 21st February!

- the shadow cast by the Earth on the Moon will colour our neighbour: Brick, Copper or even Blood Red as sunlight scattered around the edge of our atmosphere gives the Lunar surface a warm glow! e.g. the Earth, Moon & Sun form a straight line in space, so the Moon passes through our Earth's shadow! The outer part of the shadow, called the Penumbra, creates the slight dusky shading. Seven years before the next one! ... It could be an Omen folks ...

I'll be watching out tonight, but I'm lucky 'cos there ain't much light pollution where I live ... Let's hope the sky is clear!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
eotunun
Overbomber

Aye. A beautyfull eclipse. All of last week we had a wonderfully clear sky here. and tonight: Warmfront. Fat grey clouds. Visibillity near zero. Drizzle. :roll:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
silentNate

I live in London so this is pointless unfortunately :sad:

Lights out for brighter skies...
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
robertzombie
Overbomber

Someone take a picture!
eotunun
Overbomber

What good are pictures? I saw a partial eclipse of the moon in 1997. That wasn't just that the moon got darker, I could finally really see it as a ball. Pics just can't really transport that. An outstanding experience. The latest weather reports say there is a slight chance of bits of clear sky. About 100 miles north, it woukld be just fine. A kingdom for a car!
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
mh
Above the Chemist

Nice, but I really wanna see THIS:

Last edited by mh on 21 Feb 2008, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
more-sedatives-pls
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

thanks for the info R8

Eclipses make you feel soooooo bloody small --- i love it!

hope it'll show partly in Belgium...
Immodium for the people
Little_Sister
Amphetamine Filth

mh where I live I can watch the beautiful rainfall...
so I´ll just sleep :D
reactiv8

robertzombie wrote:Someone take a picture!
I'll try - can't promise anything though! (clouds permitting!) ...

(all you city dwellers, if you are still awake take a look, it might be worth it!)
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Just went out to watch the beginning of the eclipse; going back outside in about 20 min. to see the halfway-point of the event (it's about -11C outside right now, so staying out there for the whole thing is out of the question - brrrrrrrr!). I hope it gets more vibrant; right now, it's just a slight dull-coppery tinge on grey...
Still, stunning. Like Jums mentioned, it really looks 3-D! ;D :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Here is a picture of me and :von: with some suicide girls and a pony watching the eclipse

‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

weebleswobble wrote:Here is a picture of me and :von: with some suicide girls and a pony watching the eclipse

:lol: :notworthy:

Too clouded last night to watch it....Shame....
"as we walk on the floodland"
Spigel

Myself and Mrs Spigel and little Miss Spigel fell out bed at 4am .We made some camomile tea and sat and watch the moon slowly turn red. We sat staring at the night sky it for about 15 mins or so and then stummbled back to sleepyville. It was worth getting out of bed for.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

I slept through it.

Just as well.

Eclipse = bad vibes :| :!:
The Scene won't save you...
Andrei
Road Kill

I saw it here in Atlanta. Utterly gorgeous!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Scardwel wrote:I slept through it.

Just as well.

Eclipse = bad vibes :| :!:
That's it! No wonder.... I had a sleepless night *yay 2 hrs* and couldn't see it through our f**kingcloudy skies :(

And the way I'm feeling today, I want to start ww10!

Any lucky one of you with piccies of the event that work?
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
eotunun
Overbomber

For the first time the noisy cnut from downstairs did a good thing making noise in the middle of the night. I woke up, and could even get a few glimpses through holes in the clouds! :D
A~mazing!
~Rufus T. Firefly
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Awww, you guys saw it! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

An amazing event even if you didn't see it personally.

Eclipses' of any kind just rule. 8)

Feel the vibes...and energy...
that ongoing eternity
reactiv8

SINsister wrote:Just went out to watch the beginning of the eclipse; going back outside in about 20 min. to see the halfway-point of the event (it's about -11C outside right now, so staying out there for the whole thing is out of the question - brrrrrrrr!). I hope it gets more vibrant; right now, it's just a slight dull-coppery tinge on grey...
Still, stunning. Like Jums mentioned, it really looks 3-D! ;D :notworthy:
Did I read that correctly?
- Our Hostess venturing outside in a chilly wasteland ...

So was it an Omen for y'all or do we have to wait and see?

I had my camera & tripod ready but 'twas very windy here with lots of clouds dashing past overhead - sort of spectacular I guess, but sadly I didn't have the equipment to record it ... Would have made a good backdrop for a movie or The Next Album! - I was waiting to hear the first rolls of Doktor Avalanche wafting down the valley, but nothing ...

Meanwhile, I enjoyed reading about your experiences! - Nice to know there's a real world out there sometimes eh folks? Thanks! :notworthy: :wink:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

You should watch the skies more often.

There's a galaxy out there and it's not all scary.

And it's true about the fact that there was water on mars...

"beem me up scotty" in the cutest but truest way.

:notworthy:
that ongoing eternity
reactiv8

MadameButterfly wrote:You should watch the skies more often.
Oh but I do my dear! - I'm lucky enough (?) to live beyond the glare of neon lights, so I see a better free light-show than most of you ... Shooting Stars are my favourite but we have to wait 'til August for them eh?!

www.spaceguarduk.com/visit.htm

This observatory is just 'down the road' from me! - Bet you haven't got one where you live, eh? :wink:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

reactiv8 wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:You should watch the skies more often.
Oh but I do my dear! - I'm lucky enough (?) to live beyond the glare of neon lights, so I see a better free light-show than most of you ... Shooting Stars are my favourite but we have to wait 'til August for them eh?!

www.spaceguarduk.com/visit.htm

This observatory is just 'down the road' from me! - Bet you haven't got one where you live, eh? :wink:
Oh jolly good my dear! ~ a common ground as to watching the skies.
Definately lucky to be beyond that kind of glare. Shooting Stars, gawd how I miss them! You are lucky to live where you do dear sir, I think and hello to you by the way, I go around these parts known as MB .

Where I live it's as flat as a pancake and most times of the year, cloudy or with rain, but come from a place where the stars shine in the southern hemisphere and those skies are thee most beautiful in the world IMHO. :wink:
that ongoing eternity
reactiv8

MadameButterfly wrote: Oh jolly good my dear! ~ a common ground as to watching the skies.
Definately lucky to be beyond that kind of glare. Shooting Stars, gawd how I miss them! You are lucky to live where you do dear sir, I think and hello to you by the way, I go around these parts known as MB .
:kiss: & Greetings to you MB!
It ain't always an advantage living around here - no worthwhile employment!
I was 'brung up' in the Home Counties & Londinium ...
So my new Hillbilly neighbours are no longer quaint ...
Just irritating (& tedious)
- Hence I come here for intellectual stimulation!) ... :roll: :wink:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Further adventures in astronomy:

Mars is high in the sky (for the northern hemisphere) at the moment, look for a pinkish 'star' just above and to the left of Orion. A pair of binoculars should be enough to resolve the disk.

Saturn is in Leo at the moment, not far from Regulus. You should be able to make out the rings through binoculars or a small telescope.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Sadly, I've neither telescope nor binoculars... :(
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry: