Vista vs XP, Mac & Linux?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

James Blast wrote:Beg to differ on the second app there Boss, FreeHand is a far better graphic illustration and page layout package, but Adobe swallowed up Macromedia and killed off FreeHand. We have CS2 at work and I have tried working with Illustrator but it falls short on so many levels that I have to flip back to FreeHand. Similarly, InDesign has a lot of bells and whistles that Quark XPress is lacking but for fast type formatting and body text manipulation, QXP beats ID every time. I do wish Adobe would just clean up its current version of Acrobat and Distiller (indispensable to a designer these days) instead of putting out a release with more extraneous tools. Photoshop I have absolutely nothing but praise for, from v.6 onwards it has been a gem. The major fear the design and print industry has is, Adobe becoming a behemoth like Micro$oft (spit!) and dictating the market. Quark and Apple have shot themselves in the foot far too often in the past, Apple seems to have learned its lesson but Quark will go the way of FreeHand if they don't get their act together pretty sharpish.
ahh, righto! i see :D

i have to admit, never used freehand or illustrator. for what i need it for, i only use photoshop. never really got my head around the whole vector/illustration thing :oops: :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

James Blast wrote:Beg to differ on the second app there Boss, FreeHand is a far better graphic illustration and page layout package, but Adobe swallowed up Macromedia and killed off FreeHand. We have CS2 at work and I have tried working with Illustrator but it falls short on so many levels that I have to flip back to FreeHand. Similarly, InDesign has a lot of bells and whistles that Quark XPress is lacking but for fast type formatting and body text manipulation, QXP beats ID every time. I do wish Adobe would just clean up its current version of Acrobat and Distiller (indispensable to a designer these days) instead of putting out a release with more extraneous tools. Photoshop I have absolutely nothing but praise for, from v.6 onwards it has been a gem. The major fear the design and print industry has is, Adobe becoming a behemoth like Micro$oft (spit!) and dictating the market. Quark and Apple have shot themselves in the foot far too often in the past, Apple seems to have learned its lesson but Quark will go the way of FreeHand if they don't get their act together pretty sharpish.
ahh, righto! i see :D

i have to admit, never used freehand or illustrator. for what i need it for, i only use photoshop. never really got my head around the whole vector/illustration thing :oops: :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

as you were :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
reactiv8
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:eek: :notworthy: :wink:
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I agree with James on the Illustrator / FreeHand thing, I started using it when it was still 'Aldus FreeHand' :lol: -- but unfortunately I'm stuck with Illustrator at work. (And with b@st@rd Windoze :evil: )
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
reactiv8
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:notworthy: Linux is lovely! I'm still only running Ubuntu from a Live CD stage, but this looks like a 'new dawn' (or something) ... See what happens when you give your Windows a good clean eh?! OK Quiffy, I know you are a Mac-Man, but Ubuntu 7.10 is great, and there is a new version coming out soon! The Gimp is also fine for now, and there are loads of other applications to download in due course ... Firefox is already there! Great for Servers as well so I'm told, as this was what the 'net was originally designed with and for! (Windoze is just a 'bodge') Support is good from the forums, so no need to feel lost and alone! If anyone is not sure whether to buy a new PC with Vista, or 'struggle on' with their old one - Save your money! Linux will fly on a half decent pooter - Of course you can still use all your old files in case anyone is worried. Soon we can all buy cheap M$ company cars too! Ha Ha! :notworthy: :wink: :twisted:
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...