Let Us Prey ...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

We cannot prey within these walls with our priest.

:|
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
scotty
Overbomber

reactiv8 wrote:
scotty wrote:
reactiv8 wrote:you tell me?
No............you picked me up on it, I replied to an ignorant article about an emotive subject that very few people can speak with practical experience or knowledge and you mention spelling..............you tell me.
I'm 'all ears' (or eyes in this case) ...
- You obviously have experience and knowledge here?
- I don't care about the spelling - we all mistakes with 'typos' etc.

Believe it or not I'm not out to pick a fight, just that I witness 'farmers' slaughter not just foxes, but anything they can, and right on my 'doorstep' too, so I certainly ain't ignorant - they are, and arrogant too.
:innocent: :roll: :?
just that I witness 'farmers' slaughter not just foxes, but anything they can
Really?, Sparrows, Skylarks, Swallows, Sandmartins?............bit of a blanket statement that.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
reactiv8
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

MadameButterfly wrote:We cannot prey within these walls with our priest.

:notworthy: :roll:
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
reactiv8

scotty wrote: Really?, Sparrows, Skylarks, Swallows, Sandmartins?............bit of a blanket statement that.
Badgers, Kites, Buzzards, Stoats, Sparrowhawks (& foxes too of course)
- that's enough to be going on with ...
I take your point though, so I'm listening ...
This is a 'forum' after all.
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

reactiv8 wrote:

Maybe you don't know what that means but others do.
that ongoing eternity
scotty
Overbomber

reactiv8 wrote:
scotty wrote: Really?, Sparrows, Skylarks, Swallows, Sandmartins?............bit of a blanket statement that.
Badgers, Kites, Buzzards, Stoats, Sparrowhawks (& foxes too of course)
- that's enough to be going on with ...
I take your point though, so I'm listening ...
This is a 'forum' after all.
Any species that have no natural predators grow to a level where they impact on them lower down the food chain, Badger numbers have grown to such an extent that DEFRA are now advising a cull due to them spreading TB, the "Country" in not alive with Rabbits that need Foxes to control their numbers, RSPB, SNH, BTO, Natural England all control Foxes on land they own for the protection of Red Data Species, Cappercallie, Stone Curlews, Marsh Harriers, Merlin, Dunlin etc are all very rare and susceptible to predation by Foxes, Stoates, Badgers, Crows, that's why conservation bodies hunt/kill/shoot/cull, what ever description you prefer.
The hunting of Foxes for "Sport" is a different argument, but the article you quoted is crass in the extreme and only clouds the argument, it's like saying Scotland is over run by Deer, it isn't.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
reactiv8

MadameButterfly wrote:
reactiv8 wrote:

I've got a pretty good idea though, but thank ye anyway ... :innocent: :roll:
- Too many 'peeps' spoiling for a fight tonight and they 'won' at some rugby thing yesterday too! - You can't please some folk ...

Time to read a book methinks - They don't answer back! :innocent: :roll:
scotty
Overbomber

reactiv8 wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
reactiv8 wrote: :notworthy: :roll:
- Too many 'peeps' spoiling for a fight tonight and they 'won' at some rugby thing yesterday too! - You can't please some folk ...

They don't answer back!
Is that where most of your arguments fall down?.

I'm in no way "spoiling for a fight"..............OK.
reactiv8

scotty wrote: Any species that have no natural predators grow to a level where they impact on them lower down the food chain, Badger numbers have grown to such an extent that DEFRA are now advising a cull due to them spreading TB, the "Country" in not alive with Rabbits that need Foxes to control their numbers, RSPB, SNH, BTO, Natural England all control Foxes on land they own for the protection of Red Data Species, Cappercallie, Stone Curlews, Marsh Harriers, Merlin, Dunlin etc are all very rare and susceptible to predation by Foxes, Stoates, Badgers, Crows, that's why conservation bodies hunt/kill/shoot/cull, what ever description you prefer.
The hunting of Foxes for "Sport" is a different argument, but the article you quoted is crass in the extreme and only clouds the argument, it's like saying Scotland is over run by Deer, it isn't.
"Any species that have no natural predators grow to a level where they impact on them lower down the food chain" - Humans?

Badgers don't spread TB - Cows do..

I thought there were too many Deer in Scotland and they needed to be 'controlled'? - by Wolves perhaps? Too bad the Humans killed all of them.

:innocent: :roll:
scotty
Overbomber

reactiv8 wrote:
scotty wrote: Any species that have no natural predators grow to a level where they impact on them lower down the food chain, Badger numbers have grown to such an extent that DEFRA are now advising a cull due to them spreading TB, the "Country" in not alive with Rabbits that need Foxes to control their numbers, RSPB, SNH, BTO, Natural England all control Foxes on land they own for the protection of Red Data Species, Cappercallie, Stone Curlews, Marsh Harriers, Merlin, Dunlin etc are all very rare and susceptible to predation by Foxes, Stoates, Badgers, Crows, that's why conservation bodies hunt/kill/shoot/cull, what ever description you prefer.
"Any species that have no natural predators grow to a level where they impact on them lower down the food chain" - Humans?

Badgers don't spread TB - Cows do..

I thought there were too many Deer in Scotland and they needed to be 'controlled'? - by Wolves perhaps? Too bad the Humans killed all of them.

:innocent: :roll:
You're sarcasim has some depth.............shame you won't see it.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

reactiv8 wrote: I've got a pretty good idea though, but thank ye anyway ... :innocent: :roll:

Really? Who then?
~ People in here don't spoil things or want to fight tonight, scotty does know alot about animals, we all know that. As for rugby as a sport, I know it but don't do the sport thing at all...maybe a downfall for me but it never set in my blood....makes me alien to my family too! :roll:

In here it's not a case of pleasing some folk as we all have different opions on subjects we love and it's not a case of not getting answers...sometimes one is slower than an other or someone couldn't be able to be bothered to answer or just can't.

If you're a sensitive type, don't let general chat within HL bother your mind too much. Many of us are really good friends and even we have different opions on all sorts. :wink: ;D :kiss:
that ongoing eternity
reactiv8

Ok. 'nuff said. :?
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

reactiv8 wrote:Ok. 'nuff said. :?
Awww...now old man, don't go all funny on us. Relax, take deep breathes, calm yourself, get excited about the coming storm :D and really don't worry about me....you're a newbie here so only others may know what I'm on about...that's a MB thing you know. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm on about :wink: our lovely ems says I speak debish and it's true...my mind is thinking we are on the same wave length but I talk in a way that you can only understand if you know me kinda thing!

I do like you and will stop pulling your chain okay! :wink: :twisted:
that ongoing eternity
mh
Above the Chemist

I always thought it was reasonably well known that badgers did spread TB...?

As for "no natural predators", all you have to do is look at the situation with rabbits in Australia. It may be deeply unpleasant to think about, and we may have been the ones that created the mess in the first place, but it's far too late to say "I told you so" from a self-righteous stance. Best we can do is correct the mistake, and learn from it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
scotty
Overbomber

mh wrote:I always thought it was reasonably well known that badgers did spread TB...?

As for "no natural predators", all you have to do is look at the situation with rabbits in Australia. It may be deeply unpleasant to think about, and we may have been the ones that created the mess in the first place, but it's far too late to say "I told you so" from a self-righteous stance. Best we can do is correct the mistake, and learn from it.
That's another Pint I'm owe you :notworthy: , if we add all the pints we owe each other it will make for another great night :lol: :notworthy:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

mh wrote:Best we can do is correct the mistake, and learn from it.
Aye, there's the rub.
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

scotty wrote:
reactiv8 wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote: Maybe you don't know what that means but others do.

They don't answer back!
Is that where most of your arguments fall down?.

I'm in no way "spoiling for a fight"..............OK.
Aww guys...Keith doesn't spoil fights..boys calm down...I don't want this kind of thing on a Sunday evening. I have no idea what this is about but I'll find out....now please boys, play nice and let's not have this arguement.
that ongoing eternity
scotty
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:
Aye, there's the rub.
More Light & Less Heat is what is needed, I was in conservation for nearly 20 years, were the trouble starts, and I speak from bitter experience, is when people come to the table with arguments like the above article, only wildlife suffers in the long run :|
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

scotty wrote:
SINsister wrote:
Aye, there's the rub.
More Light & Less Heat is what is needed, I was in conservation for nearly 20 years, were the trouble starts, and I speak from bitter experience, is when people come to the table with arguments like the above article, only wildlife suffers in the long run :|
And wildlife shouldn't suffer at least there are enough of us that think on the same levels.
that ongoing eternity
mh
Above the Chemist

scotty wrote:
mh wrote:I always thought it was reasonably well known that badgers did spread TB...?

That's another Pint I'm owe you :notworthy: , if we add all the pints we owe each other it will make for another great night :lol: :notworthy:
You, me, a can of red paint, and a town. :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Oi, don't forget me, gents. I owe both of you drinks.

Even if I'm going to be in the evil city of Weegieland next year, Keef, we'll have to make sure to meet for a few bottle-emptying ceremonies :)
mh
Above the Chemist

Better make it two cans of red paint then! Watch out, civilization!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Not in my town you lot will not! :lol: :twisted: :lol:
that ongoing eternity
reactiv8

MadameButterfly wrote:
reactiv8 wrote:Ok. 'nuff said. :?
Awww...now old man, don't go all funny on us. Relax, take deep breathes, calm yourself, get excited about the coming storm :D and really don't worry about me....you're a newbie here so only others may know what I'm on about...that's a MB thing you know. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm on about :wink: our lovely ems says I speak debish and it's true...my mind is thinking we are on the same wave length but I talk in a way that you can only understand if you know me kinda thing!

I do like you and will stop pulling your chain okay! :wink: :twisted:
Hello again MB :kiss:

I didn't go 'all funny on you' (thankfully) - I managed to control my spectacular temper ... Maybe I'm a 'newbie' on Heartland, but in other respects I'm 'as old as the hills' - for example, my religion is 'the old one', which girls especially, got burnt (and worse) for in the 16th, 17th and other centuries. Your mind is indeed correct, and we probably are 'on the same wavelength' - I usually defer to the females of our species - They are our 'controllers' after all, eh? :wink:

More to follow shortly ... :roll:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

reactiv8 wrote: Hello again MB :kiss:

I didn't go 'all funny on you' (thankfully) - I managed to control my spectacular temper ... Maybe I'm a 'newbie' on Heartland, but in other respects I'm 'as old as the hills' - for example, my religion is 'the old one', which girls especially, got burnt (and worse) for in the 16th, 17th and other centuries. Your mind is indeed correct, and we probably are 'on the same wavelength' - I usually defer to the females of our species - They are our 'controllers' after all, eh? :wink:
Hello reactiv8 :kiss:

Oh I see, one with a spectacular temper! Yeah, I know about you being an old man, your religion and maybe we are on the same wavelength!
You just scored points for that last sentence I've quoted you on. :wink:
Now shall we prey and all be friends again in this thread... :lol:
;D
that ongoing eternity