Vatican issues list of new mortal sins

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Proving that no matter how far along the evolutionary path we stroll, the left-footing mackeral snappers are still good for a belly-laugh. Archbishop Gianfranco Girotti (known in pontiffical circles as Archbishop Alliteration) listed these sins at the end of a week-long training seminar in Rome for priests.

Let's take a look and see just how black that kettle is, shall we?

Environmental pollution
With the amount of hot air the church spouts, the Vatican has got to be a leading emitter of greenhouse gases.

Genetic manipulation
Ok, you got me on that one.

Accumulating excessive wealth
Aside from sitting on what some believe to be the world's biggest stash of dirty books, the Vatican's coffers are full to overflowing with filthy lucre. Unlike public companies, they are under no obligation to report the state of their balance sheet. However, in 2001 it was believed that the Vatican Bank was the resting place of over $55bn in laundered money. This probably represents less than 1% of the bank's liquid assets. Add to this innumerable works of art and property around the world, and you come up with a figure that dwarf's anyone else's "excessive wealth" by a country mile.

Inflicting poverty
See above. You don't get that kind of cash without inflicting poverty on someone, probably quite a few someones.

Drug trafficking and consumption
By proxy. The Vatican Bank's connection with the Mafia are well documented.

Morally debatable experiments
By proxy. Its support for fascist and nazi governments would imply that it had no problem with Dr. Mengele's School of Medicine.

Violation of fundamental rights of human nature
No abortion, no contraception, and the threat of eternal hellfire and damnation for those who practice it. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

No offence intended to our catholic brethren - people should feel free to believe whatever fairytale they like. But likewise those of us who find the idea of a religion which advocates a "Do as we say, not as we do" approach somewhat laughable are free to poke fun where warranted.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
psichonaut
Overbomber

Better, rich, gay, narco-trafficant-fascist burning in hell than poor believing in those bull*hit :twisted:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Phew.....mighty relieved to see that Downloading & weeding haven't made the latest list!
Give me one good reason
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:lol: :lol: :lol:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote:Phew.....mighty relieved to see that Downloading & weeding haven't made the latest list!
Comes under Inflicting Poverty - those poor penniless artists... :roll:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
mh
Above the Chemist

I wonder though about 99% of what goes on on HL and "morally debatable experiments". :twisted:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
psichonaut
Overbomber

mh wrote:I wonder though about 99% of what goes on on HL and "morally debatable experiments". :twisted:
..only 99%? :twisted:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I manipulate genetics all the time. That's why I've got loo roll on the desk, see?
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Inflicting Poverty

so my kids are going to Hell then :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

i think some of those things are positive in their essence, even really moral by natural standards, which comes as a surprise to me. Not the last bit, though.

But opening this thread, i imagined that my answer would be merely:
"i've got only one thing to mention regarding this...a picture of Ehud Olmert whispering into the ear of the pope."

At any rate, the list is a vast improvement over the first one! i revel in violation of all the original seven deadly sins. And if you don't get why, listen to Ordo Equilibrio.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Fuck the Vatican. Bunch of cnuts.

Reminds me of a great little ditty by Nuclear Assault that went something like...

hang the pope (repeated 10-15 times)
lets go to the vatican,
get him out of bed,
put the noose around his neck,
and hang him till he's fcuking dead.

And they say that music has no message to deliver? :roll:

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
reactiv8

streamline wrote:Fuck the Vatican. Bunch of cnuts.
I take it that you are a Rangers fan then?

:wink:
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
streamline
Slight Overbomber

reactiv8 wrote:
streamline wrote:Fuck the Vatican. Bunch of cnuts.
I take it that you are a Rangers fan then?

:wink:
:lol: :lol:

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
reactiv8

They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Old thread but...

Is it just me or:

'Morally debatable experiments'? So ones that are definitely evil are OK, but ones people have to discuss aren't? ??? :twisted:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Andy TG
Overbomber

Nuns are Cool ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

Bloody good job I am not Catholic LOL

I am a heathen - a bloody heathen - just dont even go there lol
This Is M & S S & M
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Andy TG wrote:Nuns are Cool ;-)
Though some of them have dirty habits.
Last edited by smiscandlon on 27 Mar 2008, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
анархия
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

:lol:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Andy TG
Overbomber

smiscandlon wrote:
Daz - Gets your habits whiter then any other detergent - I am a bit drunk - hence cant spoll
This Is M & S S & M
Hexe Luciferia

smiscandlon wrote:
Quite a lot of them actually...

About Vatican: thankfully, even if I was born in one of the Catholic Countries par execellence (we even "host" the enemy, I mean, Vatican...sorry just got up after another weird night and my brain is sitll in a puddle somewhere) I was lucky enough to be raised by relatives (and later in my life by my parents; mother is a heathen father is agnostic) who didn't really listen to the endless listing of absurdity that came out from the Vatican spokespersons and emperor Palpatine (I mean, the Pope, sorry again) himself.
I have a horrible horrible relationship with religion (which differs greatly from spirituality) and the Vatican, and -maybe with a great dash of immaturity - I utterly disregard most of the stuff they say/issue out -because they've the power of pissing me off big time -like no one else can do...
There would be loads of stuff to talk about, because the subject is very intersting anyway, but I need to fix myself some coffe, first...
I'll shove that bat up your a** and turn you into a popsicle
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Hexe Luciferia wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:

About Vatican: thankfully, even if I was born in one of the Catholic Countries par execellence (we even "host" the enemy, I mean, Vatican...sorry just got up after another weird night and my brain is sitll in a puddle somewhere) I was lucky enough to be raised by relatives (and later in my life by my parents; mother is a heathen father is agnostic) who didn't really listen to the endless listing of absurdity that came out from the Vatican spokespersons and emperor Palpatine (I mean, the Pope, sorry again) himself.
I have a horrible horrible relationship with religion (which differs greatly from spirituality) and the Vatican, and -maybe with a great dash of immaturity - I utterly disregard most of the stuff they say/issue out -because they've the power of pissing me off big time -like no one else can do...
There would be loads of stuff to talk about, because the subject is very intersting anyway, but I need to fix myself some coffe, first...
You must be the new girl. Your reputation precedes you.
анархия
Hexe Luciferia

smiscandlon wrote:
Hexe Luciferia wrote:
smiscandlon wrote: Though some of them have dirty habits.

You must be the new girl. Your reputation precedes you.
:eek: :eek:
Oh my... Well, yes I am the newbie. Hello!
I'm actually quite worried now about my errr "reputation"...(no, not worried. Scared, actually) :eek:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Hexe Luciferia wrote:Oh my... Well, yes I am the newbie. Hello!
I'm actually quite worried now about my errr "reputation"...(no, not worried. Scared, actually) :eek:
Don't worry. I don't believe everything I read on the bathroom wall...
анархия
Hexe Luciferia

smiscandlon wrote:
Hexe Luciferia wrote:Oh my... Well, yes I am the newbie. Hello!
Don't worry. I don't believe everything I read on the bathroom wall...
Oh good! One sure thing is that they put wrong phone numbers under my name.