The Cure live

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ania
Road Kill

So.. I decided to take the risk (namely giving birth somewhere between Poland and Prague) and went to see The Cure last month. Did not manage to get tickets for their Wembley show, but, as I was visiting my mum in Poland, I decided to catch them live in Prague.
What a gig!!! One of the best live shows I've ever seen. It was the second time I saw them live and they were sooo much better than in Katowice a few years ago... Robert's voice is simply amazing, I think he is improving with age!
The band sounded really tight and seemed to have really enjoyed themselves on stage. And... they played almost an hour of encores!
The only downside - so many smokers around!! I forgot how it is without the smoking ban... I had to constantly inhale smoke from two Bulgarians who were sitting behind me.. Nevermind. It was worth it!! :-)

And... I saw Editors in Plymouth last Friday. They played... a cover of "Lullaby" by the Cure. They were also pretty good!
Hmmmm.... shall I risk it and see Turbonegro in London on March 24 2 weeks before my due date? Very tempted!! :-)
reactiv8
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

So Fat Bob can still do it?! - Excellent!
Lucky You, and thanks for letting us know! ... :D
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
eotunun
Overbomber

And a Hooray! for seeing you here once again! :D
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Pista
Cureboi

I just got back from Lisbon & last night's show was the tightest of the tour so far.
All those people that slagged of Porl Thompson clearly haven't seen any shows this tour.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Silver_Owl
The Don

Pista wrote:I just got back from Lisbon & last night's show was the tightest of the tour so far.
All those people that slagged of Porl Thompson clearly haven't seen any shows this tour.
Has he always been in them Steve or has he recently rejoined?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
scotty
Overbomber

I've never seen The Cure live, Mags followed them on an Arena tour :roll: , I really can't see why people could go and see the same band night aftrer night :innocent:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
psichonaut
Overbomber

the Show in Rome was worth to be there (oh my gowd...i hope it's understandable), counting crowd who pushed me, weed smokers everywhere (whom didn't shared anything)....well let's go to see the show in Wembley....if i could i'd go there too
and if you like Turbonegro go there too
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
psichonaut
Overbomber

Pista wrote:I just got back from Lisbon & last night's show was the tightest of the tour so far.
didn't you enjoyedv the show, Steve?...or simply you didn't like the setlist? ;D
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Hello Ania! If you speak about the devil....she appears and preggies too!

Congratulations my dear and hat off to you seeing concert on the verge of popping! Reminds me of me preggies with the second and going to a COIL concert in Paradiso A'dam. My hubby was so worried about the sound vibrations .... held my belly all though the gig, bless him and trust me I was almost ready to pop too so it was an experience I'll never forget...suffice to say my daughter turned out to be a really talented kid and maybe the yoga I followed through her being helped. She is a force to recon with now but I wouldn't change that for the world...

Luck in giving birth to a healthy baby and all the joy in the world when that moment happens... :notworthy:

MB
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

lookinf forward to this weeks concert in Antwerp :innocent: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MUSICA È
Pista
Cureboi

@Steve
Porl re-joined in 2005 IIRC, when they did the Festival tour.
Everyone picked holes in his guitar work, but this tour he's been amazing.

@Marco
Set list was very good. They chucked Kyoto Song & The Blood in to make a change.
But, as you know, it really doesn't matter about the set list. It's being there that makes it worthwhile right? :wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
christophe
Overbomber

stefan moermans wrote:lookinf forward to this weeks concert in Antwerp :innocent: :notworthy: :notworthy:
me to man. :D
who else is going to this gig?
-me
-Radiojamaica
-...?
Another Shade of You.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

christophe wrote:
stefan moermans wrote:lookinf forward to this weeks concert in Antwerp :innocent: :notworthy: :notworthy:
me to man. :D
who else is going to this gig?
-me
-Radiojamaica
-me too (stefan moermans of course ;D )
-...?
MUSICA È
Pista
Cureboi

If any of our US members are interested, I know someone with 2 tickets to Santa Barbara 29th May.
At least, yesterday they had 2 & will sell at face value (no scalping).
PM me & I'll drop you the e mail address.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
psichonaut
Overbomber

Pista wrote:If any of our US members are interested, I know someone with 2 tickets to Santa Barbara 29th May.
At least, yesterday they had 2 & will sell at face value (no scalping).
PM me & I'll drop you the e mail address.
...another trip? ;D :innocent:
Pista
Cureboi

Maybe.

If anyone has been to any of the shows, I have
Oslo
Copenhagen
Hamburg (24 bit flac)
Munich
Berlin (24 bit flac)
Rome
Milan
Vienna (24bit flac)
Antwerp
Paris
Barcelona (soon in 5.1 audio dvd)

The best of the bunch are Milan & Copenhagen. They are absolutely stunning quality.
Hope to be getting the missing ones & other versions of these too.
Just let me know. 8)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
psichonaut
Overbomber

Pista wrote:Maybe.

If anyone has been to any of the shows, I have
Oslo
Copenhagen
Hamburg (24 bit flac)
Munich
Berlin (24 bit flac)
Rome
Milan
Vienna (24bit flac)
Antwerp
Paris
Barcelona (soon in 5.1 audio dvd)

The best of the bunch are Milan & Copenhagen. They are absolutely stunning quality.
Hope to be getting the missing ones & other versions of these too.
Just let me know. 8)
this week i will receve the alternative versions of Rome and Milan
..are you interested?
Pista
Cureboi

Very.
8)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
psichonaut
Overbomber

Pista wrote:Very.
8)
i'll drop you when the CD arrive?...i just sent my address today 8)
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i heard two different opinion about t'Cure gig in Poland (Katowice):
first: great gig (without any details) but heard from a real fan
second: absolutely boring, lack of passion from both sides (band and crowd) accept the Encore(s)[?], nothing special at all.
don't shoot the messenger
Pista
Cureboi

Bartek wrote:i heard two different opinion about t'Cure gig in Poland (Katowice):
first: great gig (without any details) but heard from a real fan
second: absolutely boring, lack of passion from both sides (band and crowd) accept the Encore(s)[?], nothing special at all.
don't shoot the messenger
They are being slated for the setlists TBH.
&, it's true to an extent. Same songs as 2005 Festival tour largely, but in 2005, they were very dull.
This time out, they are right on the button. RS sounds great & Porl's guitar is sensational.
I think many were expecting the new LP up front & expected a lot of new songs in the set.
What's the point of filling the set with a whole load of songs, no-one knows?
As for the encores, I saw them in Vienna doing the "old school encore" & it was absolutely perfect. :notworthy:
Still worth a look IMHO.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

saw them friday in Antwerp. Absolutely stunning. Robert in a great mood and Porl playing the guitar with a razor blade. Unforgettable (again). Was a long time ago though that I saw them (somewhere in Werchter in the 90ties) but man, they've become so much better live. Wow (and we all know that this cannot be said of every group that hangs around ;-) :von: ;D )
MUSICA È
psichonaut
Overbomber

@Steve & Bartek
talking about recordings, i heard the Milan, hambourg and Rome tapes and i prefere the Rome one, not because i was there and not because it has the bast quality sound, but because is the one of the 3 I mentioned wich you can hear the cowd singing with the band on every song, not just on the old songs enchores. I compared it to the Melbourne, Auckland and Singapore recordings and if they has a good (better, i'd say) quality recording the crowd seems beeing there just to "don't let the band alone", only some noise in the songs beacks, but no singing or loughing with the band playing.
this is what i think, Rome is the one that makes me in the mood of a gig, the only one whare i hear really what the crawd did and can imagine all the audience laughing and dancing (like the reality of the show was).
Pista
Cureboi

psichonaut wrote:@Steve & Bartek
talking about recordings, i heard the Milan, hambourg and Rome tapes and i prefere the Rome one, not because i was there and not because it has the bast quality sound, but because is the one of the 3 I mentioned wich you can hear the cowd singing with the band on every song, not just on the old songs enchores. I compared it to the Melbourne, Auckland and Singapore recordings and if they has a good (better, i'd say) quality recording the crowd seems beeing there just to "don't let the band alone", only some noise in the songs beacks, but no singing or loughing with the band playing.
this is what i think, Rome is the one that makes me in the mood of a gig, the only one whare i hear really what the crawd did and can imagine all the audience laughing and dancing (like the reality of the show was).
I agree with you. Often SBDs are a bit flat. A concert is a 2 way thing & to not have the audience in the recording is just wrong.
BTW. Rome was the best one this year for me.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

@ Marco:
I'm not a fan of Fat Bobby and his band, to be frank i only heard few songs + Disintegration. I've only write what I've heard.
:wink: