The Cure live

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
psichonaut
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:@ Marco:
I'm not a fan of Fat Bobby and his band, to be frank i only heard few songs + Disintegration. I've only write what I've heard.
:wink:
Rome gig could be a good point to start ;D
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

3 hours watching a guy who's a prisoner of his own visage, sorry, no thanks, but visiting Rome ... + his vocal irritating me.
EDIT: Sorry alles The Cure fans :roll: :innocent: :)
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

psichonaut wrote:
I'm not a fan of Fat Bobby and his band, to be frank i only heard few songs + Disintegration. I've only write what I've heard.
Sometimes, I find ol' Bob's (largely off-key) vocals tough to take on Cure *albums* - I don't think I want to know what he sounds like live! :eek: :( :innocent:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
reactiv8
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Tut Tut Bartek, I'm ashamed of you!
Just when I thought there was a more democratic and enlightened (?) attitude to the Men from Crawley here and elsewhere?!

I went to a 'fab' festival once in a place called Lorelei (you know where that is, eh?!) which Fat Bob and his crew were headlining.
Lower (?) down the bill were an obscure band called The m*****n :wink:

Well, The Glorious Pixies too, but I mention The Mish, because I had travelled to same festival on a package tour bus thingy, with some lads (& lasses) who were evidently Mish 'disciples'
- They certainly made their dislike of The Cure loudly known, and were celebrating the fact that we had to leave before the end of a long and brilliant set.
I tried to ignore them because I had made the effort to get to this fest to see not just The Cure, but The Mish and The Pixies too, and their arrogant and ignorant behaviour p*ssed me off no end.
My sad b*tch 'girlfriend' was grumbling like f*ck too, so my mood had turned pretty sour by this stage.

What lesson if any can we learn from this?
Well, I reckon, don't spoil the fun for others is the main one ...
Heckling 'dross' is one thing, but as an 'in joke' amongst an elite group it is most definitely not.
Am I right or am I right?

Before and since, I've seen loads of Cure gigs, and they have all, without exception been great and not a disappointment.
Bob always gives great 'value for money' (e.g. long & varied sets), and usually (but not always) the location is a joy too.
So, RESPECT to The Cure!

:roll: :urff:
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i still don't give a fack about The Cure and their music, let's say I'm not ready :wink: :twisted:
reactiv8

:eek: Blimey! Ok, whatever ...
When you are ready, you won't look back ... Promise!
I take your point about "prisoner of his own visage" though! ...
It startled me though I confess, and is a very eloquent description of Bobbie Boy I can't deny! ...
Perhaps he is just taking the p*ss after all?
If so, then time for a new joke eh?
I don't think so though, as I've grown up with him and them.
Bob, Von & I are all born the same year you see?!
- The Year of The Swine of course!
Last edited by reactiv8 on 19 Mar 2008, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
Pista
Cureboi

Fat Bob can certainly have off days & can be, some of the time, a bit of a send up of himself (bit like Von?)
Although it might seem I am a little obsessed by the band, my first love is the Sisters.
Thing is, there is so much more Cure stuff out & about & good stuff too, then the old collection looks a little heavily weighted in Bob's favour.
@Bartek
Fair point made & good description :lol:

There have been times when I have had to cringe when a Cure track comes on (WCIBY springs to mind) & I want to give the bloke a right good shoeing.
But when I think of the balance of material that is actually stunning (Figurehead, Prayers For Rain, Other Voices, A Forest...), I can sort of forgive him a bit.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
psichonaut
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:3 hours watching a guy who's a prisoner of his own visage, sorry, no thanks, but visiting Rome ... + his vocal irritating me.
EDIT: Sorry alles The Cure fans :roll: :innocent: :)
visiting rome was funny....try to ask ;D
and the cure show was appreciated from my wife too....and she doesn't like the Cure songs :innocent: :innocent:
psichonaut
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:
psichonaut wrote:
Sometimes, I find ol' Bob's (largely off-key) vocals tough to take on Cure *albums* - I don't think I want to know what he sounds like live! :eek: :( :innocent:
perhaps could be a good point of comparison
i found Bob's voice and the sound quite similar to the albums stuffs....and IMHO it confirms they still are great musicians, also if i need to say (in some recording i have) sometimes the shows go on in a tight and tired way
robertzombie
Overbomber

TONIGHT!!! ;D ;D ;D
psichonaut
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:TONIGHT!!! ;D ;D ;D
...aye....last date of the European tour :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
robertzombie
Overbomber

oh WOWWWW!!! ;D

definitely the best concert I've ever been to. They must've played for nearly 3 and a half hours! :notworthy: everyone was up dancing and singing along, they played great song after great song. The band sounded fantastic, Smith seemed to be enjoying himself, he even had a little joke with the audience! :lol: i can't think of a band that could top last night! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

If anyone sees a bootleg, let me know!
Dark
Underneath the Rock

robertzombie wrote:If anyone sees a bootleg, let me know!
Since you ask.. hey look! I saw a bootleg! ;D

:innocent:
robertzombie
Overbomber

cheeky bugger! :lol:
psichonaut
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:oh WOWWWW!!! ;D

definitely the best concert I've ever been to. They must've played for nearly 3 and a half hours! :notworthy: everyone was up dancing and singing along, they played great song after great song. The band sounded fantastic, Smith seemed to be enjoying himself, he even had a little joke with the audience! :lol: i can't think of a band that could top last night! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

If anyone sees a bootleg, let me know!
wait just some day then you can find the Wembley date on Dime :wink:
all the other european dates are around the web yet ;D
didn't you met "Batman"? :innocent:
robertzombie
Overbomber

Nope :?
Hexe Luciferia

Dark wrote:
robertzombie wrote:If anyone sees a bootleg, let me know!
Since you ask.. hey look! I saw a bootleg! ;D

:innocent:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'll shove that bat up your a** and turn you into a popsicle
Dark
Underneath the Rock

What?
hellboy69

top gig, really enjoyed it ~ it's on Dime now Mr Zombie
canon docre
Overbomber

hellboy69 wrote:top gig, really enjoyed it ~ it's on Dime now Mr Zombie
Yeah, me too. It was highly entertaining (meaning played all the smash hits instead of the depressing, whining songs))
I really dont bother about the Cure and was just doing a favour for a friend in attending at Wembley, but I was positively surprised... :D The crowd was fine too.

I could say a lot of bad things about the Cure (bad hair & makeup would be just one of them) BUT one thing is for sure: The Cure have never ever compromised with their music. Unlike a certain Mr. E, Bob did always exactly what he wanted. And that is so rare in the music world, he deserves many a :notworthy: for staying as he is and being successful with it.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.