Siouxsie Valuation

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

I have a Siouxsie gig poster from 08.02.79, Schouwburg, Sittard, Holland. Basically it's features a charcoal drawing of Sioux that had appeared in the NME with all the gig details on it.

After the gig I met the band. They refused to to sign it as Sioux said 'it makes me look like a whore'

She signed my ticket stub and the rest of the band signed a brown envelope I was carrying my passport in. The ticket stub and the brown paper are attached to the poster.

The poster is white and has slightly discoloured (thru age) and as a foolish teenager I stuck the paper on with sellotape. The sellotape has now dried away and just left some marks. No tears. No rips. Slight creasing where its been rolled up.

Oh yeh, it's the orginal band autographs - Sioux/Severin/John McKay/Kenny Morris.

Any ideas as to what it's worth?
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Probably worth what someone would pay for it...

Ebay my man. It's the way forward.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

That is such a cool item, but if you stick it on ebay, it is a massive gamble - a huge SATB fan would pay a small fortune for it, but how many huge SATB fans are there out there? you have to get lucky, ie you have to hope a couple of massive fans happen to be browsing ebay when the poster is listed, and a bidding war will ensue.

it sounds like the kind of esoteric, one-of-a-kind item that could go for 30 quid, or could just as easily go for 150 quid. you need a bit of luck!
Gazza for England manager
Thea
Overbomber

ask david dickinson.
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

D00mw0lf, is that your ear?
Gazza for England manager
Loki

d00mw0lf wrote:ask david dickinson.
I did. He couldn't decide if it was 'a bobby dazzler' or 'cheap as chips'. :lol:

Siouxsie and the Banshees to Bargain Hunt in 4 easy posts. Stunning. :wink:
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Theres a fella who needs a good slap.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Loki

Black Shuck wrote:That is such a cool item, but if you stick it on ebay, it is a massive gamble - a huge SATB fan would pay a small fortune for it, but how many huge SATB fans are there out there? you have to get lucky, ie you have to hope a couple of massive fans happen to be browsing ebay when the poster is listed, and a bidding war will ensue.

it sounds like the kind of esoteric, one-of-a-kind item that could go for 30 quid, or could just as easily go for 150 quid. you need a bit of luck!
Good point. There's a couple on there now bidding for two copies of a 79 programme. One stands at £89.99 (unsigned but finishing first) and one at £65.00 (signed by Sioux/Severin at a later date).

Maybe I'll just make a note of their user id's and invite to the auction when it happens ... :wink:
Loki

Jim wrote:Theres a fella who needs a good slap.
I kinda like DD. For anyone to 'perform' in that style on TV whilst not being under the influence of any form of medication is quite amusing.
Big Si
School Bully

Johnny Boy wrote:
Jim wrote:Theres a fella who needs a good slap.
I kinda like DD. For anyone to 'perform' in that style on TV whilst not being under the influence of any form of medication is quite amusing.
Could do with more eccentric's like him and John McCrirrick on the box. There's one too many Richard Madeley's about.

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
moonchild

Johnny Boy wrote: Oh yeh, it's the orginal band autographs - Sioux/Severin/John McKay/Kenny Morris.

You want to sell it??? :eek: :eek: Or just to know what it's worth?

I loooooooooove Siouxie.... :notworthy: i'm gonna try to win totoloto game and to be rich... if i have luck i'll buy that to you, in case that you wanna sell (of course).
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

john whatshisname.... :notworthy:

having said that,if i was his wife i'd have slapped him senseless by now.imagine him 24/7 :urff:
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
Andy TG
Overbomber

Johnny Boy wrote:I have a Siouxsie gig poster from 08.02.79, Schouwburg, Sittard, Holland. Basically it's features a charcoal drawing of Sioux that had appeared in the NME with all the gig details on it.

After the gig I met the band. They refused to to sign it as Sioux said 'it makes me look like a whore'

She signed my ticket stub and the rest of the band signed a brown envelope I was carrying my passport in. The ticket stub and the brown paper are attached to the poster.

The poster is white and has slightly discoloured (thru age) and as a foolish teenager I stuck the paper on with sellotape. The sellotape has now dried away and just left some marks. No tears. No rips. Slight creasing where its been rolled up.

Oh yeh, it's the orginal band autographs - Sioux/Severin/John McKay/Kenny Morris.

@ Johnny Boy - You could always place the poster on Ebay with a high reserve - say £75.00 - £100.00 quid and just wait to see who bids - if they do not meet your reserve you simply email the highest bidder and possibly arrange something!

On the subject of "David Dickenson" - I saw a TV documentry that featured his "singing" wife - that show explains very much why his is the way he is. He was also in the "Kumars at Number 42" on BBC2 last Monday and appears to be much more "relaxed" than on Bargain Hunt
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
pikkrong
Overbomber

moonchild wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote: Oh yeh, it's the orginal band autographs - Sioux/Severin/John McKay/Kenny Morris.

You want to sell it??? :eek: :eek: Or just to know what it's worth?

I loooooooooove Siouxie.... :notworthy: i'm gonna try to win totoloto game and to be rich... if i have luck i'll buy that to you, in case that you wanna sell (of course).
everybody loves Siouxsie.
I love her, my wife loves her, everybody loves her.
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Thea
Overbomber

Black Shuck wrote:D00mw0lf, is that your ear?
yep. out of date though.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:
Black Shuck wrote:D00mw0lf, is that your ear?
yep. out of date though.
I like that - an "out of date ear".

Not something you hear about a lot.
hallucienate
Overbomber

is this your new ear?
Jim
Slight Overbomber

That is so grim.
Loki

Jim wrote:I like that - an "out of date ear".
LOL. "It doesn't get better than that ..." DD. :lol:
Loki

moonchild wrote:You want to sell it??? :eek: :eek: Or just to know what it's worth?

I'm probably selling as I haven't listened to SATB since the Juju period. I have a rough price in my head but I'm still pondering but I'll bear you in mind moonchild. And if you win the lotto the price doubles! :wink: (You'll then have more money that sense ... :lol: )
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

horrid looking thing to see,i agree.not sure still where i stand with the ethics of it all...

three house moves ago i left a few posters rolled up in the cupboard under the stairs,wasnt too concerned with packaging them up to drag along with us to another town elsewhere.
siouxsie one,few sisters ones....
just saw the body and soul one on ebay :( and the 80's sisters gig poster go for stupid amounts of cash. :roll:
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best