Vladimir Bortko

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

This Russian director has directed many mind-blowing, intelligent and extremely well-made mini-series. Anyone interested in true substance in modern television, look for Idiot (his adaptation of the Dostoievski novel) or Master & Margaret, or anything else he's made, so far i've just seen those two.

i've never seen anything better than these on television. Yes, they are even better than Rome. Much much better. This is what television would be if i were the Tsar.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Not Like This Then?

‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

itnAklipse wrote:This is what television would be if i were the Tsar.
I don't watch TV - so alas, I'd miss all of your illustrious productions. Ho-hum.
:roll: :lol:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:This Russian director has directed many mind-blowing, intelligent and extremely well-made mini-series. Anyone interested in true substance in modern television, look for Idiot (his adaptation of the Dostoievski novel) or Master & Margaret, or anything else he's made, so far i've just seen those two.

i've never seen anything better than these on television. Yes, they are even better than Rome. Much much better. This is what television would be if i were the Tsar.
Oooh and I like both those books :D
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

never heard of him
any links?
GC
Slight Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:This Russian director has directed many mind-blowing, intelligent and extremely well-made mini-series. Anyone interested in true substance in modern television, look for Idiot (his adaptation of the Dostoievski novel) or Master & Margaret, or anything else he's made, so far i've just seen those two.

You thought that Rome was good? :eek: Or are you being sarcastic
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

OI! The musician ROME is fuckingbrilliant! Don't start your Dutch s**t!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I expected this to be some rant, but I'll certainly check this stuff out, sounds ace! Loved the Master & Margarita :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
GC
Slight Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:OI! The musician ROME is fuckingbrilliant! Don't start your Dutch s**t!
Ik ben geen Nederlander. I've never been so offended in my life. :eek: :D
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Gollum's Cock wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:OI! The musician ROME is fuckingbrilliant! Don't start your Dutch s**t!
Oops... :oops: sorry mr. Cock!
Ik dacht het echt! Wat ben je dan? That wasn't meant to offend you just a different wave-length! :wink:

What happened in Rome in the past is just evil as what happened in Germany in the past as what happened in most countries in the past and I'm afraid present!

But the musicians from these countries still make damn fine music in my book and that was more my mind's eye's thinking...

I really don't mean to offend on HL unless I mean it! :wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

MadameButterfly wrote:I really don't mean to offend on HL unless I mean it! :wink:
;D :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I enjoyed Rome, is that wrong? ;D

Any links to Bortko's stuff dei?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
GC
Slight Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:
Gollum's Cock wrote:
Oops... :oops: sorry mr. Cock!
Ik dacht het echt! Wat ben je dan? That wasn't meant to offend you just a different wave-length! :wink:

What happened in Rome in the past is just evil as what happened in Germany in the past as what happened in most countries in the past and I'm afraid present!

But the musicians from these countries still make damn fine music in my book and that was more my mind's eye's thinking...

I really don't mean to offend on HL unless I mean it! :wink:
I'm from an ancient land where mystery, magic and the love of sheep still prevails to this day (no not South Africa).