Bad habits...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Top right hand corner has the feet of a horse who's throwing them up in the air too.

We just keep discovering don't we :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
EvilBastard
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:Cheers! But would you drink your own urine?
Well I'm not drinking any other bugger's! :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

@ Obviousman ~ what's that? Feet of a horse you say...hang on...
EvilBastard wrote:
Well I'm not drinking any other bugger's! :lol:
Nah me neither but would drink my own if I had to to survive kinda thing. Once as a child I saw a movie where mine workers get stuck in a collapsed mine for days before someone finds them..it's a group of men and they are there a few days...all they had on them gone...so this old man needing to drink takes a pee in his bottle and drinks it...says "Hey boys not bad really"....if I was in his shoes and needed to drink I would do the same.

Please let it be known that I don't agree with the peeing of gardens ever...not by men and not by boys either....

I have a joke for you ....

A little old lady is walking down the street, dragging two plastic garbage bags, one in each hand. There's a hole in one of the bags, and once in a while a $20 bill flies out of it onto the pavement.
Noticing this, a policeman stops her.
"Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling out of that bag..."
"Darn!" says the little old lady....."I'd better go back and see if I can find
some of them. Thanks for the warning!"
"Well, now, not so fast," says the cop. "How did you get all that money?
Did you steal it?"
"Oh, no", says the little old lady. "You see, my back yard backs up to
the parking lot of the football stadium. Each time there's a game, a lot of fans come and pee in the bushes, right into my flower beds! So, I go and stand behind the bushes with a big hedge clipper, and each time someone sticks his thingie through the bushes, I say '$20 or off it comes!"

"Hey, not a bad idea!" laughs the cop. "Good luck!" By the way, what's in the other bag?"
"Well", says the little old lady, "Not all of them pay."

:lol: :twisted: ;D
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
psichonaut
Overbomber

@ MB
i know about a man lost in Sahara desert who survived drinking that for i don't know how many days :urff:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

MadameButterfly wrote:@ Obviousman ~ what's that? Feet of a horse you say...hang on...
Yep, and his belly too... You know, like horse that stands on his hind legs, can't find the exact word for that, steigeren in Dutch...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:@ Obviousman ~ what's that? Feet of a horse you say...hang on...
Yep, and his belly too... You know, like horse that stands on his hind legs, can't find the exact word for that, steigeren in Dutch...
Reared up or rampant. :wink:
анархия
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Cheers! :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

psichonaut wrote:@ MB
i know about a man lost in Sahara desert who survived drinking that for i don't know how many days :urff:
:eek: well i would say after so many times drinking your own urine, it should become lighter in colour and less in amount after the first few times.. to survive I would to!
that ongoing eternity
mh
Above the Chemist

English beer, anyone? :twisted:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

mh wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm so glad I gave up drinking beer so long ago! :urff:
that ongoing eternity
Honeythorn
Amphetamine Filth

I have a terrible habit of eating food .... :innocent:

That and nudging the tip of my nose with my hand when nervous or embarrassed. :oops:
Captain Ahab rushed in, his craziness all unzipped......

" YER NEED TO DO MORE SEX! " ~ Drunken old Yorkshireman

http://www.sadeian.org/
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Honeythorn wrote:I have a terrible habit of eating food .... :innocent:
Nowt wrong wi' that! :D
анархия
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

smiscandlon wrote:
Honeythorn wrote:I have a terrible habit of eating food .... :innocent:
Nowt wrong wi' that! :D
As long as it's good food :D

I should really stop scratching the back and/or top of my head right now...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Honeythorn
Amphetamine Filth

I have a friend who constantly tugs at his hair. I keep telling him he'll make himself bald but he won't listen. He's already started to get a receding hairline at 25! :lol:

I also tug my earlobes sometimes when worried or lost in thought..it's kind of comforting somehow.

DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

I like late-night nibbling

Honeythorn
Amphetamine Filth

Nibbling of anything remotely fattening( in other words tasty ) is now banned for me, as I'm trying to lose about 6 stone. It's really difficult * chomps carrot* :(

Silver_Owl
The Don

mh wrote:
Is that English Lager beer or the beer of a real ale variety?
In can only think of Carling as being an English beer. :urff:
Awful awful stuff whatever.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

MadameButterfly wrote:
:eek: well i would say after so many times drinking your own urine, it should become lighter in colour and less in amount after the first few times.. to survive I would to!
It gets darker the more dehydrated you become and lighter the more hydrated you are.

Ideally, one's urine should be a light straw colour. Monitoring your level of hydration becomes very important in survival situations.

Urea is also great stuff for the skin and works wonders on blisters.

So, out of curiosity, why do you have problems with people peeing in gardens then? It's a damn sight more natural than using indoor plumbing, fertilizes the soil and saves water.

As for having drunk my own. Yes, it was/is part of survival training. With the following caveat: "Once you are forced to start drinking your pee and rely on it as your only source of liquid replacement, you are in trouble as you have entered the stage of diminishing returns."
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Syberberg wrote: So, out of curiosity, why do you have problems with people peeing in gardens then? It's a damn sight more natural than using indoor plumbing, fertilizes the soil and saves water.
I tried asking my wife the same question. ;D Unfortunately she didn't agree with your well grounded argument. :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Syberberg

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Syberberg wrote: So, out of curiosity, why do you have problems with people peeing in gardens then? It's a damn sight more natural than using indoor plumbing, fertilizes the soil and saves water.
I tried asking my wife the same question. ;D Unfortunately she didn't agree with your well grounded argument. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

We grow a lot of our own organic veg, so we compost our leafy left overs, etc. and I found myself in almost the exact opposite situation. I was presented with an empty coffee jar and told to fill it, then empty it into the compost bin once a week.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Syberberg wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
It gets darker the more dehydrated you become and lighter the more hydrated you are.
Sorry of course my bad!
Syberberg wrote:Ideally, one's urine should be a light straw colour. Monitoring your level of hydration becomes very important in survival situations.
Indeed! And when not in survival conditions it should also be that colour or lighter is better! How to get it as light as can be is by drinking loads of water per day!
Syberberg wrote:Urea is also great stuff for the skin and works wonders on blisters.
Yeah they also say the first weewee of a baby is the best to use to wash your face! Ever tried that?
Syberberg' wrote:So, out of curiosity, why do you have problems with people peeing in gardens then? It's a damn sight more natural than using indoor plumbing, fertilizes the soil and saves water.
Yes of course I do! If I catch anyone wanting to have a pee in my garden on my flowers, I'll attack you as simple as that. I agree with the natural aspect of it, but put it in a bottle and see if you can turn pee make to water again!
Syberberg wrote:As for having drunk my own. Yes, it was/is part of survival training. With the following caveat: "Once you are forced to start drinking your pee and rely on it as your only source of liquid replacement, you are in trouble as you have entered the stage of diminishing returns."
:notworthy: Yeah I would think so.

:D
that ongoing eternity
splintered thing

I have a very naughty habit of saying 'I told you so' when subsequently proven correct after an argument/discussion/conversation...... It drives the hubby batty.
I just can't stop myself even though I know it is deeply annoying...
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Syberberg

MadameButterfly wrote: Sorry of course my bad!
No worries.
MadameButterfly wrote: Indeed! And when not in survival conditions it should also be that colour or lighter is better! How to get it as light as can be is by drinking loads of water per day!
But remember not to drink too much, the human body can only filter so much before the kidneys fail.
MadameButterfly wrote: Yeah they also say the first weewee of a baby is the best to use to wash your face! Ever tried that?
Nope, you? I do, however, use a product called Eucerin that contains urea. Min 5% max 10% urea content. It's very good.
MadameButterfly wrote: Yes of course I do! If I catch anyone wanting to have a pee in my garden on my flowers, I'll attack you as simple as that. I agree with the natural aspect of it, but put it in a bottle and see if you can turn pee make to water again!
I think you misunderstood me, I asked why you have a problem with it. I can sort of understand why you wouldn't want someone else to pee in your garden, but not why you consider it wrong to do so even if it's yourself that's doing it.

As for the second part, that's easy. Pee in bottle, pour contents onto soil near a plant, wait for the soil and the plant to absorb it via osmosis and filter out all the nutrients. It's now water which is released by the plant via transpiration (through stomata in the stem and the underside of the leaves) as water vapour, which forms clouds and is then returned to the water system via precipitation. Isn't nature wonderful?
MadameButterfly wrote:
Syberberg wrote:As for having drunk my own. Yes, it was/is part of survival training. With the following caveat: "Once you are forced to start drinking your pee and rely on it as your only source of liquid replacement, you are in trouble as you have entered the stage of diminishing returns."
:notworthy: Yeah I would think so.

:D
Exactly, you aren't replacing the liquid lost via sweating and breathing.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Syberberg wrote: But remember not to drink too much, the human body can only filter so much before the kidneys fail.
Yes I do know that! But what amount can the human body take before you drown your kidneys?
Syberberg wrote: Nope, you? I do, however, use a product called Eucerin that contains urea. Min 5% max 10% urea content. It's very good.
No haven't tried it as I don't believe in old wives tales...
Anything more natural for me thanks...like Aqueous Cream.
Syberberg wrote: I think you misunderstood me, I asked why you have a problem with it. I can sort of understand why you wouldn't want someone else to pee in your garden, but not why you consider it wrong to do so even if it's yourself that's doing it.
Because I don't want anyone peeing in my garden except for my cat!
I would find it very offensive if someone pulled out his willy or if a lady had to do it either. I've had a weewee in the bushes of A'dam and felt very guilty doing it then!
Syberberg wrote:As for the second part, that's easy. Pee in bottle, pour contents onto soil near a plant, wait for the soil and the plant to absorb it via osmosis and filter out all the nutrients. It's now water which is released by the plant via transpiration (through stomata in the stem and the underside of the leaves) as water vapour, which forms clouds and is then returned to the water system via precipitation. Isn't nature wonderful?
Indeed nature is wonderful! :notworthy:
Syberberg wrote: Exactly, you aren't replacing the liquid lost via sweating and breathing.
Now if we were on survival wouldn't it also be a good idea to try a lick your armpits or at least gather some of the salt you sweat out to give you something to put back into your body?
that ongoing eternity
Syberberg

MadameButterfly wrote: Yes I do know that! But what amount can the human body take before you drown your kidneys?
I honestly don't know, I'd have to look it up. I think it has to do with the rate of consumption as well.
MadameButterfly wrote: No haven't tried it as I don't believe in old wives tales...
Anything more natural for me thanks...like Aqueous Cream.
For some reason, my skin reacts very badly to Aqueous Cream. The Eucerin products are very good indeed. Clicky
http://www.eucerin.co.uk/index.asp wrote: Because I don't want anyone peeing in my garden except for my cat!
I would find it very offensive if someone pulled out his willy or if a lady had to do it either. I've had a weewee in the bushes of A'dam and felt very guilty doing it then!
I think we've firmly established that you don't like it, but you still haven't answered the why part. :innocent:

Radically straying on topic for a moment, you may have noticed that one of my bad habits is asking "why?" A lot. :lol:
MadameButterfly wrote:
Indeed nature is wonderful! :notworthy:
8) :D :notworthy:
MadameButterfly wrote: Now if we were on survival wouldn't it also be a good idea to try a lick your armpits or at least gather some of the salt you sweat out to give you something to put back into your body?
Better off with the sweat from your forehead or arms, as the armpits are home to some interesting (and smelly) bacteria. It also depends upon where you are, as in certain climates you'll be drying your spare pair of socks (if you've got 'em) in your armpits.