RLYL Gigs Meetups

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Right, so will it just be Debaser and me from here attending the Lincoln gig? Come on down, people. :D
robertzombie
Overbomber

Anyone from here going to the London one?
Debaser
Overbomber

I have a gut feeling the Bigster will be in attendance.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
pikkrong
Overbomber

I'll go to Lincoln and London.
Lincoln is already the day after tomorrow and I have no idea about accommodation in Lincoln. anyone could suggest any cheaper place not far from the railway station / the venue?
do i drive
or am i driven
Kit Carruthers
Road Kill

That'll be RLYL + 25men gigs meetups then ;-)
In 1959, she watched while he killed a lot of people.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well, yeah.. I know which band I'm going to see, but I'm probably in the minority. ;)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

So Lincoln's just going to be me, Ness and Indrek? ???
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

All the dudes will be in LEEDS! :lol: :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Right, it's the morning after, gig review time!

Absolutely fantastic. Got up there after work, 25men were thankfully not on at half 8, so I had plenty of time to get changed, get money, etc. Bought a t-shirt and a copy of "The Dancing Wu-Li Masters", but their copies of "Hubris" hadn't arrived, so I was left without one of those :(
Their set was fantastic as ever, noisy, pounding, and it was nice to still be able to sing along to a couple of tracks. ;)
I must admit, I missed the first song or two of RLYL's set, because I was sat in 25men's van, chatting to JR, Ian (I think), Tamsin, and I can't remember who else. :lol: We headed up and got watching. Now, I'll admit, I only knew 2 Lorries songs, but they played both, so I was happy. Their set was pretty damn good, and I was happy to have seen them. :)
Afterwards, I bought Ian 4D a drink, as I'd promised I would, and in return, he took my LP of "Nothing Wrong" to get signed. In addition, I got all of These Crimson Dreams to sign the insert of "Heads On Fire", which amused them a little.
As the gig dispersed, I had a nice long conversation with JR (how many free drinks had you had by then, seriously? :lol:) and thereafter, went downstairs and talked to Chris Reed for a while, before going home.
Oh, and whilst I remember, it was nice to meet Indrek again. :)

Stats:
Crowd during 25men's set: 20-30
Crowd during RLYL's set: 40-50ish
Items purchased: 25men t-shirt, 25men - The Dancing Wu-Li Masters
Other items: RLYL setlist, gig poster, "To Korin - Chris Reed" on my LP, 3 signatures on my TCD insert
Recordings: Well, apparently the soundguy made a copy for Chris Reed only, but I did try to record bits of their set onto tape.. but it didn't come out particularly well (and obviously, I missed a bunch of songs). Sorry, one day I'll get a digital recording thingy and be able to share some bootlegs. :lol:

All in all, great night, intimate venue, had an awesome time, hope everyone else enjoys their gigs. 8)

EDIT: How can I forget? Here's the setlist:
On the setlist, they wrote: Running Fever
Save My Soul
Talk About The Weather
Big Stick
Nothing Wrong
Open Up
Crawling Mantra
Cut Down
Do You Understand?
Sayonara
Train Of Hope
Jipp
Monkeys On Juice
See The Fire
Hands Off Me!
Pushing On
Walking On Your Hands
Shout At The Sky
----
Hand On Heart
Generation
Hold Yourself Down
Chance
mh
Above the Chemist

No "Blow"? :( :( :(

Weebs 'n' me are gonna be unhappy if it's the same in Leeds. (I'll let them off a little cos of "Hold Yourself Down" and "Generation" though...)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
psichonaut
Overbomber

it's a good track list though :D
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

mh wrote:No "Blow"? :( :( :(

Weebs 'n' me are gonna be unhappy if it's the same in Leeds. (I'll let them off a little cos of "Hold Yourself Down" and "Generation" though...)
Preach brother preach!
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
robertzombie
Overbomber

How much was the 25men tshirt? and was there any Lorries merch? (need to think about funds for tonight)
Last edited by robertzombie on 11 Apr 2008, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
mh
Above the Chemist

Dark wrote:apparently the soundguy made a copy for Chris Reed only
Live album city? :wink:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Not as far as I'm aware, I think it's just a personal thing. ;)
Or so I was led to believe.

Rob: The 25men t-shirts are £7 featuring the star-and-person logo on the front, and "25men" "believe in something else" on the back. The Lorries had t-shirts and (I think) a CD.. I didn't really look, as I only bought 25men merch.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, when I went to talk to Chris Reed, his first words were "Oh, you're Korin.. wait a sec.. I know you. Have I met you before?" and it turns out I'm in some pics from the March Violets gig, and he recognised me. Spooky. :lol:
Debaser
Overbomber

Dark wrote:Right, it's the morning after, gig review time!

Absolutely fantastic. Got up there after work, 25men were thankfully not on at half 8, so I had plenty of time to get changed, get money, etc. Bought a t-shirt and a copy of "The Dancing Wu-Li Masters", but their copies of "Hubris" hadn't arrived, so I was left without one of those :(
]
The merchandiser's dream :D

Fab to see you and Indrek last night.

Loved 25 Men's set - less enamoured by the Lorries but that's me (and the fact I'd doubled booked myself - should've been at tThe Breeders in Nottingham). Hope Marsha didn't scare you too much :lol: And that Dave's cyclical/goldfish conversation din't alarm you. I seem to be mixing with weird folk ;)

Gaz took some snaps but if I say the photo's from Rev & The Makers are still on the camera, it might indicate how long it will be before I get them up on here.... :oops:
robertzombie
Overbomber

... and it's the morning after here, now! :D

What an absolutely brilliant gig! I turned up (too) early because the gig was meant to be in the (larger, 800 capacity) "Academy", with a 10pm curfew, but turned out they moved it at the last moment (didn't sell enough tickets?) to the (smaller, 200 capacity) "Bar Academy" with an 11pm curfew. So there was me sitting around on my lonesome for about an hour... :lol:

25men came on at about 8:30pm. They played a fast but blistering setlist. The sound was incredible and they got a really good response, I never knew Ray was such a groover! :lol:
The highlight of their set was 'Return Of The Pigs'.

The Lorries came on about 9.30pm and played constantly until 11 (no break). At the end of the main set Chris says "Normally we'd go off, you'd clap and we'd come back on again, but that's a load of bollocks!" :lol: which was meat with a great applause!
I don't have a copy of the Lorries' setlist but as far as I can tell it was the same as the Lincoln one Korin posted.

Overall it was a brilliant night, was nice to meet Indrek again, also I bought 25men's CD (unfortunately Hubris still wasn't ready) and also their tshirt which was worn proudly throughout the evening! :D :notworthy: (tad small for a "large" though... :lol:)

25men:

doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

What was the setlist of 25men ?
robertzombie
Overbomber

They ended on Return Of The Pigs (I think) the rest is all a bit of a mish mash :lol:
taylor
Slight Overbomber

somebody recorded it on audio ?
robertzombie
Overbomber

I think they also played Between Space.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I think it was (from memory):

Are You Receiving Now?
Between Space
From Bethlehem to Babel
Return Of The Pigs
...and that's where I lose it, think there was only one, maybe two, others after that.
Debaser
Overbomber

Here's 3 pics to be going on with

robertzombie
Overbomber

very nice!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:notworthy: :D :notworthy:

Stunning black 'n white photos there and stunning reviews peeps! I'm glad that you all enjoyed & it was so good for you. ;D

To those at the coming gigs ~ enjoy too and let us know! :notworthy:

Wish I was on your island...oh well...
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity