what is it about will self...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

:lol: It's more like Draftbringer- Stormbringers wee brother.
(But ye still wouldn't mess...)

And I really do think the Icelandic slaying sword should be resurrected. :P
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

I read that all the way through, twice. Then I sat and thought of some Moorcock refs. I could throw in to my reply. Had some beer and a fag and decided Get Bent! was the best advice.
To both of you.
thanke ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:I read that all the way through, twice. Then I sat and thought of some Moorcock refs. I could throw in to my reply. Had some beer and a fag and decided Get Bent! was the best advice.
To both of you.
thanke ;D
Stick it up yer Arioch then. I'm off fer a fag meself. ;D [/i]
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

<------Googles Arioch, "eh'll bee bekk"...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote::lol: It's more like Draftbringer- Stormbringers wee brother.
(But ye still wouldn't mess...)
Yeah, but I bet its mates call it "Little Breezy", or possibly "Windy Bugger" :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

someone, somewhere wrote:Arioch is a Hebrew name that means "fierce lion". It originally appears in the Book of Genesis chap. 14 as the name of the "King of Ellasar"
ok, I'm even more confused now, I have no lions, I know none, I know no one who who has lions - fierce or otherwise :lol: 8)
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:
someone, somewhere wrote:Arioch is a Hebrew name that means "fierce lion". It originally appears in the Book of Genesis chap. 14 as the name of the "King of Ellasar"
ok, I'm even more confused now :lol: 8)
Click

He's The Knight Of Swords of course. :roll: ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

it was the 70s Dude, I was pretty much in a haze, like... Man

anyway, slightlyRTT:
anyone here read Charles Higson?
yeah, him off The Fast Show, I do enjoy his ouvre: dark, British, a bit "Eh, WTF!?"
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

I've got a signed copy of this...

&#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1088;&#1093;&#1080;&#1103;
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:it was the 70s Dude, I was pretty much in a haze, like... Man

anyway, slightlyRTT:
anyone here read Charles Higson?
yeah, him off The Fast Show, I do enjoy his ouvre: dark, British, a bit "Eh, WTF!?"
Well, I didn't discover him until the mid-eighties - and I became an avid collector. Got started off on the Michael Kane trilogy (no - not that Michael Cane. ;D ) and was hooked. I think he was in a haze mostly while hanging with the Hawks. :lol:

Charlie Higson - I have read one of his some time ago...something about Mr. Jolly or somesuch. A reet good read as I recall. All about a bloke who broke into peoples houses and did pervy stuff....
He's been writing Bond books of recent times so I see.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

Try to read King of the Ants or Happy Now, Steve, shocking stuff! :eek:
~ Peter Steele
reactiv8
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote: and those are not his words but those of the telegraph writer interviewing him :o

:urff: :lol: :lol:
:eek: Reading The ToryGraph now your Quiffness? What is the world coming to? You'll be doing the Goose-step next ... :wink:
They (The Establishment) use sex as an addiction for control, just as they use alcohol and drugs ...
- A programme of systematic frustration in order to sell this crock of s**t as immortality, a garden of delights and love. ...
James Blast
Banned

Fight the Power.... Next!

Ahem!......:twisted:
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Hom_Corleone wrote:Well, I didn't discover him until the mid-eighties - and I became an avid collector. Got started off on the Michael Kane trilogy (no - not that Michael Cane. ;D ) and was hooked. I think he was in a haze mostly while hanging with the Hawks. :lol:
Runestaff, man. :notworthy:

I bought it as a birthday pressie for a friend of my brother's who I didn't like, and read it out of curiosity. Guess who didn't get a birthday present that year? :twisted:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I like Will Self. :oops:

I had to look up tontine, but knew all the others. I subscribe to the Oxford English Dictionary 'word f the day' e-mail. ;D

I'm just trying to work out what the difference is between epicene and androgynous.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

mh wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Well, I didn't discover him until the mid-eighties - and I became an avid collector. Got started off on the Michael Kane trilogy (no - not that Michael Cane. ;D ) and was hooked. I think he was in a haze mostly while hanging with the Hawks. :lol:
Runestaff, man. :notworthy:

I bought it as a birthday pressie for a friend of my brother's who I didn't like, and read it out of curiosity. Guess who didn't get a birthday present that year? :twisted:
:D Hawkmoon rocks. :notworthy: Probably his best work IMO.
(Other than Behold The Man - which is one of the finest pieces of literature ever written. FACT!

And glad I'm not the only Moorcock fan still alive.... :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I'm going to see Will Self in a couple of weeks - he's doing a tour of bookshops to promote his new book.
Silver_Owl
The Don

lazarus corporation wrote:I'm going to see Will Self in a couple of weeks - he's doing a tour of bookshops to promote his new book.
This just made me p1ss myself....Click
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Hom_Corleone wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:I'm going to see Will Self in a couple of weeks - he's doing a tour of bookshops to promote his new book.
This just made me p1ss myself....Click
:lol: Hilarious. Rather puts me in mind of this.... :innocent:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

and he was rather funny. I prefered his Q&A banter to his reading from his new book, though.
James Blast
Banned

Selfish Bill can be hit or miss
~ Peter Steele