Truth or dare!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
boudicca wrote:Truth.
Are YOU happy now in this stage of your life?
who the f**k is? :innocent:
@ Spill ! - after "Boody" of course
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

weebleswobble wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
truth between female friends no fuckinginvolved i'm afraid.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Andy TG wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote: Are YOU happy now in this stage of your life?
Oops, don't mean to bring the party down :oops: There is shyte in my life that is currently making me feel DREADFUL but its best left off of here! ;D Mon, lets get wankered!
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

MadameButterfly wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote: Are YOU happy now in this stage of your life?
truth between female friends no fuckinginvolved i'm afraid.
not having a vagina, I couldn't possibly comment.........much :wink:
Andy TG
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:
Andy TG wrote:
weebleswobble wrote: who the f**k is? :innocent:
Oops, don't mean to bring the party down :oops: There is shyte in my life that is currently making me feel DREADFUL but its best left off of here! ;D Mon, lets get wankered!
@ Weebs - sorry to hear that mate - hope things improve asap
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

weebleswobble wrote:TRUTH
I felt like jumping in front of a bus yesterday
Hmm. That's me every day, pretty much. Ho-hum. :|
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

MadameButterfly wrote:
Woah Debs you didn't half pick a tough one there!

I am feeling better at the moment than I have been for many years, as I had - well basically a nervous breakdown for want of a better phrase, last autumn... which had been a long time coming. Some of you know bits and bobs but it was brought on by a combination of a good few years of fairly disastrous relationships and the "Pure O" which I was only diagnosed with after 20 years of it worsening where it had finally progressed beyond neurosis into something even worse. Hell, when I "got" it, virtually nothing was known about it. And to make matters worse I didn't even have the most well-known version of it!
But I got put on some drugs (I'm not talking just antidepressants here, also neuroleptics which are pretty heavy going) which, though I hate to say it as I'm very much a skeptic of psychiatry, did seem to make a world of difference and bring me back to reality, which is an incredible relief as it is a lot less terrifying than the things my frazzled brain had started to conjure up. I was really very ill, too ill I was told even to see a psychologist - there is a certain point at which they seem to deem it useless to even try to reason with you and I was past it so they needed to dope me up first. Looking back they were actually quite right, I can't believe how out of it I was :urff:

Now I'm finally going to get to see a psychologist and I'm coming off the drugs (fortunately they don't see me on them long-term, I was just so severely depressed that I needed them to get out that hole), and I'm very hopeful as has probably been coming across from a lot of my posts. Every morning now I just thank Science that I don't feel like someone is holding a gun to my head all day long. You've no idea what a sense of relief that is, and I just want to make the most of every second I feel alright. And hopefully learn the skills so I never fall back down that rabbit-hole again.

So, in one sense, I'm ecstatically happy. Perhaps the most important sense - I'm functioning as a human being again.
Am I satisfied in all areas of my life - hell no, I'm terminally striving, my mum says I'm "driven to distraction". I have such high bars for myself that I think I'll always exist in a state of never being content with what I achieve, no matter what it is. I was a very high achiever when I was younger and I think that's stuck with me, even as my life has fallen apart I've always had this thing in my head of the standard I should be at.

But this gets into a bloody philosophical discussion about the nature of happiness and whether it is even achievable or indeed desirable. If human beings existed in a nirvana of pure content then we'd never do anything, life as we know it would cease. I know Buddhists say "desire is suffering" but I don't hold with that, I think being slightly discontent, even unhappy about certain things, is a very natural state.

So, in summary :lol: - yes, I am pretty happy at the moment, though I hope I have a lot of good things to come in the hopefully not-too-distant future.

Sorry if this post was rather heavy! Talk about TMI! I know this is meant to be a fun thread. But well.... that was the truth.
Last edited by boudicca on 11 Apr 2008, 23:56, edited 2 times in total.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Hexe Luciferia wrote:
Andy TG wrote:Fair Enough - so what rules do you know
Basically, one person is being questioned by a bunch of fckuing pervs ( :lol: :lol: ) who'd sell their mothers to force the "questioned one" to say and do any sort of very embarassing stuff.

One of the pervs asks the victim :"Truth or Dare"?. The victim answers (seriously p*ssing them pants in fear) either "Truth" or "dare", then the afore mentioned perv asks a question: if the victim said "truth", or dares the victim to do something (either disgusting or so embarrassing the victim will have to see a psychiatrist to remove the trauma after the game) if the victim said :"dare".
After the victim does what requiered either he/she repays in kind the perv or names someone else to be victimized by the others.
Trust me, it's hellishly wonderful when played drunk and/or "chemically enhanced" and when you passed your twenties.
:wink: :lol: :lol: :innocent:
That's why I always select "Truth" - I've nothing interesting or shocking to confess! ;D :lol:

:notworthy: @ me!
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

The word BUM is funny
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

boudicca wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:

I am feeling better at the moment than I have been for many years, as I had - well basically a nervous breakdown for want of a better phrase, last autumn... which had been a long time coming. Some of you know bits and bobs but it was brought on by a combination of a good few years of fairly disastrous relationships and the "Pure O" which I was only diagnosed with after 20 years of it worsening where it had finally progressed beyond neurosis into something even worse. Hell, when I "got" it, virtually nothing was known about it. And to make matters worse I didn't even have the most well-known version of it!
But I got put on some drugs (I'm not talking just antidepressants here, also neuroleptics which are pretty heavy going) which, though I hate to say it as I'm very much a skeptic of psychiatry, did seem to make a world of difference and bring me back to reality, which is an incredible relief as it is a lot less terrifying than the things my frazzled brain had started to conjure up. I was really very ill, too ill I was told even to see a psychologist - there is a certain point at which they seem to deem it useless to even try to reason with you and I was past it so they needed to dope me up first. Looking back they were actually quite right, I can't believe how out of it I was :urff:

Now I'm finally going to get to see a psychologist and I'm coming off the drugs (fortunately they don't see me on them long-term, I was just so severely depressed that I needed them to get out that hole), and I'm very hopeful as has probably been coming across from a lot of my posts. Every morning now I just thank Science that I don't feel like someone is holding a gun to my head all day long. You've no idea what a sense of relief that is, and I just want to make the most of every second I feel alright. And hopefully learn the skills so I never fall back down that rabbit-hole again.

So, in one sense, I'm ecstatically happy. Perhaps the most important sense - I'm functioning as a human being again.
Am I satisfied in all areas of my life - hell no, I'm terminally striving, my mum says I'm "driven to distraction". I have such high bars for myself that I think I'll always exist in a state of never being content with what I achieve, no matter what it is. I was a very high achiever when I was younger and I think that's stuck with me, even as my life has fallen apart I've always had this thing in my head of the standard I should be at.

But this gets into a bloody philosophical discussion about the nature of happiness and whether it is even achievable or indeed desirable. If human beings existed in a nirvana of pure content then we'd never do anything, life as we know it would cease. I know Buddhists say "desire is suffering" but I don't hold with that, I think being slightly discontent, even unhappy about certain things, is a very natural state.

So, in summary :lol: - yes, I am pretty happy at the moment, though I hope I have a lot of good things to come in the hopefully not-too-distant future.

Sorry if this post was rather heavy! Talk about TMI! I know this is meant to be a fun thread. But well.... that was the truth.
Awww... Claire! You know I love your long posts and now know what you're on about and I was missing in action about time this all happened to you love! :cry: But it's a circle of life my dear along with all these other things that get in the way and now as I see you here on HL as the boudicca I once know...you are on the road to recovery! :notworthy:

And I'm back again to be here for you again if you feel that feeling like you once had and phoned me remember?! I'll never leave your side because of that Claire! You are my sistermidnight who like a younger sister to me! TRUTH! *sniff*
that ongoing eternity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

...and :notworthy: at our boody, as well! ;D :kiss:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: moon-lady :D
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

yeah boudicca you earned respect in that post my dear! :kiss: :notworthy: :notworthy:

we all know that! (the respect part)
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ok now Debs, truth or dare?

I have a truth I really want to ask you.... :innocent:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

boudicca wrote:Ok now Debs, truth or dare?

I have a truth I really want to ask you.... :innocent:
Okay truth...oh dear...
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

What's in your inbox!?!?? :twisted:

You don't HAVE to answer if it's really really top shelf... I don't WANT to know lol!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

In all honesty! It's business, friends sharing and hardcore p0rn! :lol: :lol: :innocent:

Well if the MODS or ADMIN could look in our pm boxes they would confirm! :oops: :oops: :oops:

:twisted: ;D
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

:lol: You Dutch!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

We are both out now boudicca! LOL! :notworthy: :lol:
that ongoing eternity
mh
Above the Chemist

boudicca wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:

YAY @ Claire! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Delighted to hear that, seriously. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

MadameButterfly wrote:[Let's see how far we can dare each other...Z has faded on me so I'm out really...unless the playing parties decide to bring me in again...
Sorry, was bedtime here! Was actually starting to get cross-eyed thanks to the extra space between me and my laptop filled by the keyboard.

I'll try to think of something :)

@Claire :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Andie
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:In all honesty! It's business, friends sharing and hardcore p0rn! :lol: :lol: :innocent:

Well if the MODS or ADMIN could look in our pm boxes they would confirm! :oops: :oops: :oops:

:twisted: ;D
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

now that's what i call an inbox!! ;D
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Obviousman wrote:I'll try to think of something :)
Yes you think away! :lol:

Right then Andie!

Truth or dare?
that ongoing eternity
Andie
Overbomber

TRUTH
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:twisted:

Wonderful! In all the years having sex, what is your most favourite position and why? :D
that ongoing eternity