Currently Driving ...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eotunun
Overbomber

Zeno, as we had the obscure cars topic lately: Did you know the 4WD Variomatic Daf 555? :eek:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

No I didn't :eek: Interesting stuff!

My grandmother drove a two wheel drive version of those Marathons though. And very dangerously so too I've been told :lol: :lol: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
psichonaut
Overbomber

petroil price is costantly inreasing

cheap and ecological ;D
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
eotunun
Overbomber

:lol: -Well, initially, fuel driven cars weren't too attractive as well.
A not entirely worksafe drive may result from applying genetic engineering :innocent:

Oh, and Zeno: Did you granny drive as hard or simply bad?
My uncle's Volvo 340 had the Variomatic gear"box", and except from the unnerving noise and the unpredictable automatic clutch that thingy was pretty nice to drive. Still, I wouldn't want to own one. The 340 with a 4 gear shifter is my favourite.
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
psichonaut
Overbomber

eotunun wrote::lol: -Well, initially, fuel driven cars weren't too attractive as well.
A not entirely worksafe drive may result from applying genetic engineering :innocent:
....maybe this time i'll have the right pet :innocent: ;D
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
eotunun
Overbomber

:lol: :lol: Why did I guess you'd say something like that?
Predictable? Toi?
~Rufus T. Firefly
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

eotunun wrote:Oh, and Zeno: Did you granny drive as hard or simply bad?
My uncle's Volvo 340 had the Variomatic gear"box", and except from the unnerving noise and the unpredictable automatic clutch that thingy was pretty nice to drive. Still, I wouldn't want to own one. The 340 with a 4 gear shifter is my favourite.
Most likely it would've been a combination of the two :lol: She stopped driving long before I got into this world, but I remember my mother telling she only joined her for a ride once and she just floored the pedal. My mother was very glad to have had a couple of Irish Coffees before getting in that car with her :lol: :lol: :lol:

I rather like the concept of a variomatic though! Genius stuff, and all because Van Doorn wanted to bring the comfort of his Buick's autobox to teensy cars :notworthy: Don't have a clue what kind of driving experience it brings though :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
eotunun
Overbomber

Three nice video examples from Youtube:

A one..
..anda two..
..anda tree!
Isn't it boring? Noo! It'sa car-geeky!
Video one shows the shortcomings best: You hear the engine gets reved *very* slowly. And the clutch still kicks in rather violently. This will have you hopping into motion like a jolly wee bunnywabbit. ;D Not for people who are prone to sea sickness. I watched my uncle do starts at traffic lights with his Variomatic 340 that gave me the feeling of watching a boat in an orcane rather than a simple car in a simple street simply starting to drive. As the engine speeds up, you hear that grinding, singing, ever un-nerving sound that gear"box" makes.
Video two demonstrates the rather unnerving sounds as well. Not the music, that other unnerving noise. But you see: At low speeds that gear"box" gives the light car remarkable agility. Actually, once you got used to handling the start, you are hardly overtaken at any streetlight. That's the fun bit. And they still go rather carfull in that video, the 340 can take a *lot* more.. :innocent:
In video three some more soundexamples give you an idea of what the drive is like: It rather sounds like an accelerating boat. As you push down the accelerator, the engine revolves faster instantly, and as the car gets faster, the gear just varies the transmission ratio.
If there weren't these shortcomings, the Variomatic would be just great.
White man say: If it weren't as bad, it were good. White man clever! :oops: :roll:
~Rufus T. Firefly
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ace! :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I think these look the tits

Just like a spaceship!

I really, really want one :cry:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i called new Civic a Architecture on wheels. shape of door handle, exhaust a truly masterpiece of design. plus it looks almost the same a prototype.
saw today a Aston Martin Vantage in my village. first one in my country I've ever seen... i want it
Hexe Luciferia
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:Image

I think these look the tits

Just like a spaceship!

I really, really want one :cry:
It's such a great looking car!! :notworthy:
I'll shove that bat up your a** and turn you into a popsicle
eotunun
Overbomber

It looks good, but somehow it's a neven mix of a car and:
~Rufus T. Firefly
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

guess for what part we love this car :lol: :innocent: :oops: