Killing Joke @ Rock City

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Debaser
Overbomber

Anyone going to this gig? To say I'm rather excited about attending is an understatement.

The new album is awesome and they're are one of the best live acts I've ever seen.

And of course the best live act are reforming and gigging next April! WHOO FRIKKIN HOO!!!!!
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Have a great time and we want a full review.....

I think ill order the new album now before i forget again !

Paddy :)
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

I've been playing the new album to death lately.

I'm going to the gig in Manchester on Monday and can't bloody well wait :D
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I'm catching them at the Astoria on the 11th. Can't wait as I've been wanting to see them for years.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Debaser
Overbomber

And by which twist of fate did the Gods decide that the blimmin support band would be.....would be....would frikkin well be Queen chuffin Adreena!!!!

This should not be allowed, tis MY gig on Tuesday and I should be allowed to choose!

Ah well, I can sense us being in Templar's for a wee bit beforehand
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

I'll be doing the Leeds and Manchester dates. And yes the new KJ album is very fine indeed. Wasn't aware that Queen Adreena are doing the support on this tour - woo!
The Scene won't save you...
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

Queen Adreena supporting...means only one thing to me - more time in the pub pre-gig!
Andy TG
Overbomber

From what I hear (TBC) - Killing Joke are due to play the Coal Exchange in the docks of Cardiff on Monday October 13th :-)

Any "Heartlanders" apart myself and Mrs Goth likely to be in the audience?

Hope to see some of your there :-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Looks like Debaser's now doing Manchester AND Sheffield too :wink:

We're doing Leeds , Manc , Notts , Sheff

hur hur the pandy's are coming

all very early stuff and new album , nothing from 86-2002 yeeees :lol: :lol: ;D
Debaser
Overbomber

Lots of colouring in and quiet reading at school then!

Seems we've got to pick up a bit of a sad sack on the way...as long as he doesn't want to stand at the bar for hours after the gig....
snowey

:D Just got back from seeing Killing Joke in Liverpool and they were excellent. Enyone who's not got a ticket try to get one, you will kick yourself if you don't.

I can't hear properly my ears are f**ked.

Clint Boon was DJing in the venue after the gig and he was playing lots of old punk and early 80's songs. I was not expecting that from someone who was in / is in the Inspiral Carpets.

Snowey
Debaser
Overbomber

Am still in a quandry about Monday night...shall I ? Shan't I? Life's choices are never easy are they?

Depends on how much school stuff I get done this weekend.

But still, Tuesday (despite being THAT day) is going to be fun with a capital FU
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

Sadly bloody school stuff is the reason I will NOT be going to KJ in Leeds or Manchester! However, the caretaker's going to both & has promised me a full report...if anyone sees a short bloke called Keith with a mop & bucket, muttering 'f*&^ing kids, f*&^ing kids', say hi for me... :P
Queen of the mean!
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

So how was it, all those who've seen them so far?
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
biggy

Leeds was brilliant , manchester & Nottingham were better .
As near to 1984 as any 2003 band could get , stunning . We know someone who wanted to kill for Jaz Coleman they got so carried away :D
1 3/4 hours of thudding pleasure ..ooooer .

Roll on Sheffield Leadmill . I was contenplating Northampton but early work the next day has put pay to that , oh and no one will drive me there :)
hmmmm .... London Sunday ...hmmmmm [/img]
Debaser
Overbomber

And oooh you should see the bruises the little warrior is carrying! :D

After Rock City I have decided I prefer Georgie from the right of the stage...he's too receeding from the right!

Gt = Raven minus the hatty thing
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Me and Mr.K are looking forward to standing in the Astoria tomorrow, feet planted firmly on the floor, hands in the air chanting " Ezekiels's chariot streaks across the sky" . ( We've been practising... :D ) Love Killing Joke. The music's fab on this new elpee the lyrics are as dodgy as ever. ;D
Zwei bier bitte.....
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

karin wrote:Me and Mr.K are looking forward to standing in the Astoria tomorrow, feet planted firmly on the floor, hands in the air chanting " Ezekiels's chariot streaks across the sky" . ( We've been practising... :D ) Love Killing Joke. The music's fab on this new elpee the lyrics are as dodgy as ever. ;D
Yep, I'll be there aswell. But I'll be the one shouting "it's a total invasion".
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

snubnoseuk wrote:
karin wrote:Me and Mr.K are looking forward to standing in the Astoria tomorrow, feet planted firmly on the floor, hands in the air chanting " Ezekiels's chariot streaks across the sky" . ( We've been practising... :D ) Love Killing Joke. The music's fab on this new elpee the lyrics are as dodgy as ever. ;D
Yep, I'll be there aswell. But I'll be the one shouting "it's a total invasion".
:lol: kewl :notworthy: :D
Zwei bier bitte.....
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

It's time..........to rock 8)

"You've got blood on your hands"!!!!
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

The bloody Astoria strikes again!! KJ had to cut their setlist short last night cos of the club afterwards. Give me the Forum any time.

But it was a great night! Tension rocked.
Debaser
Overbomber

So who's up fer Sheffield next Sat??

Hopefully the tee-shirty man will have sorted out my 'speshul' gift....

Oh and apparently some band called The Skeletal Family are supporting.....
biggy

Ness , I'm gonna get there early & pinch your special pressie first , tippex "Debaser" out & write Biggy over instead .

I'll be seeing the Skeletals on Sunday too in Derby , hope Claire wears that short skirt again :D

yeah , it's 1984 again

:D
Debaser
Overbomber

You can blummin try mate! If you DID suceed, I'd make it my pledge to both hug and air kiss ya on EVERY occassion possible....several times AND in public

HANG the air kisses...a specially spittle-ladened one......

:D
Andy TG
Overbomber

I was told today that the Killing Joke gig in Cardiff at the Coal Exchange has been moved to the much smaller MS1 Club, about 200 metres away due to "poor ticket sales"

Knew You'd Be Pleased.....
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M