That Iraq War Thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

nodubmanshouts wrote:"We are the Sisters of Mercy, and we are a rock'n'roll band"

- Andrew Eldritch, 1997

http://tours.tsom.org/1997dot/
Good try, but...

Given that the g*thic genre owes more to the Phrygian mode than it does to blues (whence rock n'roll stems), and that there are few who would argue that either FALAA or Floodland were close to being rock n'roll records, the assertion that TSOM is a rock n'roll band stands on shaky ground. While some may argue that Vision Thing was a rock n'roll album (which is why Keef likes it so much :lol: ), the continuing evolution of the Sisters' sound would suggest that while maybe they were a rock n'roll band once, they were something else before and will be something else again. :von: has gone on record as saying that he's fascinated by rock n'roll "because it's so bloody stupid" (WOM Magazine, December 1993), so it would be reasonable to conclude that the Vision Thing era was merely a stop on the way to somewhere else. I can't remember where I read it, but there is a quote from Himself somewhere where he mentions that his head is into making "techno with tunes" - so not a rock n'roll band.

However, your point is well made - "We are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. And intellectual love gods in our spare time."

So you can keep the rock n'roll band bit - that's one album and its associated singles. We'll keep the pop band, the industrial groove machine, the first two albums, plus the new one which goes like a freight train painted in the shiniest yellows and blues. Doesn't sound very rock n'roll to me.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sorry, the man has spoken. All your Sisters belong to me. And Bushy boy :D

And now to ponder how we managed to get from a debate on Iraq to whether the sisters are goth or not in less than 5 pages... mmm...
EvilBastard
Overbomber

nodubmanshouts wrote:Sorry, the man has spoken.
And your contention is that you're "the man"? :roll:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
nodubmanshouts

I wouldn't dare to be so bold... I talk of the man in shades.
Syberberg

nodubmanshouts wrote: And now to ponder how we managed to get from a debate on Iraq to whether the sisters are goth or not in less than 5 pages... mmm...
That is because, within the hallowed walls of Heartland, there is only one debate. The Big Debate. A debate that dwarfs all others, causing them to pale into insignificance. It's answer is of vital importance to humanity as a whole. It's Answer is The Answer, The Answer to The Ultimate Question of LIfe, The Universe and Everything and that question is..........

Are The Sisters goth or not?
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:lol: :lol: :lol:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Hexe Luciferia

@Syberberg :notworthy: :notworthy:

:lol: :lol:
I'll shove that bat up your a** and turn you into a popsicle