Okay, Let's talk (like adults) about the 'new songs'

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Some heartlanders are not rly happy with the new songs, others don't care and live in a imaginary-dimension where the sisters is "Black glasses and dark hat" like in 85:lol: ;

New songs: love it or hate it.

I Just love some of new songs, like Still, We are the same Suzanne and Crash and burn, and u guys? what u think about the 'new sisters' and his new songs? if u like it (or not) what is your favorite new song?

(anymore anxious for the new album :innocent: ?)
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

i love all the new songs:

especially crash and burn, still, war on drugs,sussane

in my opinion the only song that i like BUT NOT SO MUCH is slept
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
methadrine
Road Kill

'Still' is ridiculously good. It bothers me immensely that I don't have the lyrics for it though.
Stating the bloody obvious since... well, forever.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I like them all, especially Suzanne and Summer, which are as good as anything they've done.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Prescott

War On Drugs could be as atmospheric as anything on Floodland if it was finished.

Crash And Burn makes most of Vision Thing sound trite.

Slept is easily as good as Under The Gun.

Still could compete with the crap on the radio now easily, as could Susanne.

Come Together is over looked but could be a new industrial anthem. A new Dominion.

Will I Dream? I imagine would sound more like Vision Thing if produced well. Ben's guitar style matches up to this better than Adam's did.

Top Nite Out, longer and with some killer lyrics would probably even top C.A.B. as the best new song.

Romeo Down well produced would trounce on Never Land.

Summer definitely has extreme radio/MTV potential, a song that easily translates into images (if that's what you need) and has depth (if you 'get it').

Guess we'll just have to wait for Tarwater or The Merry Thoughts to record those songs though?

I wonder if Marvin's up to it?
"... because we're that kind of people."
sultan2075
Overbomber

I like 'em all, but Romeo Down sounds... unfinished, at least to me.

They'd all sound vastly better in studio renditions, I think. Of course... that won't be happening, will it? The pity of it is that both Summer and Crash & Burn could probably do quite well on the modern rock charts (they still have those things, don't they?)
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Prescott

What's with all the negativity? Those songs WILL be released in a studio/finished form one day. By Andrew Eldritch. I wont stop believing that. Too negative!
Husek

The question is, When the studio/finished songs will be released :lol:?
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

There is really no reason to think they ever will be.

If it hasn't happened by now, it's never going to happen. Why would it?

I'd love to think I'm wrong, but when Axel Rose hands over the masters of Chinese Democracy after 16 years and there's still no sign of life from the Sisters' camp, then it's time to pack up and move on.

It was fun, but all things end, even though it sometimes nice to enjoy a nostalgic gig or two, and I don't begrudge Andrew a few quid for that pleasure. This train left the station in the mid 1990s and that saddest thing is that nobody told us, and so we waited on the platform for quite some time.
Do I drive or am I driven?
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Arrrgh! wrote:
It was fun, but all things end, even though it sometimes nice to enjoy a nostalgic gig or two, and I don't begrudge Andrew a few quid for that pleasure. This train left the station in the mid 1990s and that saddest thing is that nobody told us, and so we waited on the platform for quite some time.
and that, my friends, is the noise of a nail's head being expertly hit by a hammer...

unfortunately.

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
sultan2075
Overbomber

Arrrgh! wrote:
This train left the station in the mid 1990s and that saddest thing is that nobody told us, and so we waited on the platform for quite some time.
I think it's more like the train sat at the station, waiting for a locomotive engine to come along, but none of the engines that came along were satisfactory, because none of them could magically make the train move at the speed of light or somesuch other unrealistic expectation. So the train rejected each and every one, always waiting for something better. Consequently, the train is now a bucket o' rust that occasionally gets pushed creakily around the yard by a couple of youngsters who... push trains around the yard.

Seriously, the history of TSOM since the 'liberation' from East/West seems to be nothing but a series of missed opportunities. Sad, really--especially since the new songs are good, and probably would have sold reasonably well.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Prescott

sultan2075 wrote:
Arrrgh! wrote:
This train left the station in the mid 1990s and that saddest thing is that nobody told us, and so we waited on the platform for quite some time.
I think it's more like the train sat at the station, waiting for a locomotive engine to come along, but none of the engines that came along were satisfactory, because none of them could magically make the train move at the speed of light or somesuch other unrealistic expectation. So the train rejected each and every one, always waiting for something better. Consequently, the train is now a bucket o' rust that occasionally gets pushed creakily around the yard by a couple of youngsters who... push trains around the yard.

Seriously, the history of TSOM since the 'liberation' from East/West seems to be nothing but a series of missed opportunities. Sad, really--especially since the new songs are good, and probably would have sold reasonably well.
WTF? Why are you so negative? People do make mistakes, set unrealistic expectations, don't want to see their own limits, say things and do things they regret. But until what comprises my signature comes down off the Main Site, there is no reason to throw in the towel. Lemmy is still making albums, The Stones for heaven's sake are still playing shows. The Eagles just got back together AND wrote a double LP after how long? Bauhaus released a record after 25 YEARS! Imagine how those fans felt? It's not over until the fat lady sings, until the man kicks the bucket, there will always be a possibility. And it seems he might be the type to have his work released posthumously anyway.
Maybe it wont even be up to him in the end, if someone with some money offered him enough. If it's the money, seriously, I'd like to know from him what he wants. Maybe we could work something out. Either way, there's no time limit or age restriction to release an album or three. For most it's the touring that keeps them from doing so, yet that doesn't seem to bother Mr. Eldritch too much.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Prescott wrote:WTF? Why are you so negative?
Because the words in your sig have been on the website for at least 10 years. Will it happen? Maybe. But I doubt it very much.
--
beatnick138
Road Kill

I like most of what I've heard thus far (especially "We Are The Same Suzanne", "Summer", "Will I Dream") Not so much "Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen", "Crash and Burn", but they still acheive a passing grade.

But I think I will withhold serious judgement until I hear proper recorded versions of this material instead of scratchy live bootlegs.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Every once in a while a thread like this is started. Different title.....same subject. :lol:

I love all Sisters songs. Simply because they are Sisters songs. ;D
Shame that the unreleased will never be released most probaly.

The Long Train of possibilities (record companie, independent, the net) in releasing stuff has left. Andrew is not on that train.

Even if it is false, I still do have hope though. Meanwhile I keep listening, collecting and visiting gigs. :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well, it's over, we will dream...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
psichonaut
Overbomber

crash and burn and still are listenable
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth

I don't like any of the new songs (sorry)..
Axe FX - Fractal Adidio
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:Well, it's over, we will dream...
that is what i wanted to wrote
mh
Above the Chemist

Love them all aside from WID, which is rather dull.

If a new LP ever did get released, I think most of us would probably keel over. Why the negativity? We've been waiting for this for over 10 years, have been let down in the past, and are kinda fed up of the whole thing by this point in time.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Syberberg

mh wrote:Love them all aside from WID, which is rather dull.

If a new LP ever did get released, I think most of us would probably keel over. Why the negativity? We've been waiting for this for over 10 years, have been let down in the past, and are kinda fed up of the whole thing by this point in time.
Yeah, it does get a tad frustrating at times.

As for the new songs, there isn't a single one I actively dislike. After all, every Sisters' song is equal, but some are slightly more equal than others.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
sultan2075
Overbomber

mh wrote:Love them all aside from WID, which is rather dull.

Hell, I'd buy ten copies, just to give him the encouragement. But it ain't gonna happen. I'd even pay for it in advance, through the website, directly to him, if that were the game Von E. wanted to play, but he doesn't seem to want to do much of anything in that regard. That's his prerogative, of course, and if the Law of Diminishing Returns Roadshow comes through my neck of the woods again, I'll certainly go see them... but gone are the days where I'll transit a continent by car or plane just to see them. Only a new record could bring that level of interest back.
--
streamline
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Well, it's over, we will dream...
When its over, will we know?

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
nodubmanshouts

The voice is shot. Its day is over. No, I don't like the new songs. I don't like Vision Thing either. Under The Gun is an abomination. Maybe you like it; good for you. For me, it was the end. Some people even like SSV. Go figure, huh....

I like the history, which is why I'm here. If you like the new songs? Good for you, I won't argue; each to his own.

And that makes this a wonderful place.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PipoTheClown wrote:I don't like any of the new songs (sorry)..
Why am I not surprised...eheh... 8)
"as we walk on the floodland"