Dave Allen

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:<slight derail>
Strange Times is my most played Chams album, I wouldn't say it shared any similarities to FALAA in production or style, next up I'd go for What does Anything Mean, Basically (my most enduring Chams album), I find the production on Script of the Bridge a bit sparse and gloomy and expect to be shouted down for this ;D
I pretty much agree with you there. I'd plump for What Does Anything Mean, Basically? as their best overall album but Strange Times has two of their greatest songs (Soul In Isolation and Swamp Thing). Absolutely wonderful band, they should have been so much bigger. Totally unique sound, which isn't something the majority of bands can lay claim to. The Chameleons are often lumped in with the Bunnymen and the like but, much as I like the Bunnies (well, up to and including Ocean Rain), the Chameleons p!ss all over them IMO.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Quiff Boy wrote:dave's 'homepage'

A Music and MP3 blog by Dave Allen of Gang of Four.
http://www.pampelmoose.com

and the latest news therein:

Allen and Burnham Exit Gang of Four
http://www.pampelmoose.com/mspeaks/2008 ... ng-of-four
I've been an avid reader of that blog for some time. He's a great writer, even if the quality of his subject matter varies wildly.

To my shame, I didn't get around to seeing the fully reformed GoF. Too late now. :(
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Karst
Slight Overbomber

That's the Dave Allen who is in the Gang of Four- not the one who produced the Sisters debut though...
James Blast
Banned

... fancy that!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

Chairman Bux wrote::(
How's the weather?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

You talking about the weather?