Some brazillian material (by mistake?) 1

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Husek
Slight Overbomber

Recently on a topic in general chat too, someone, had ask me how to do the 'brazillian caipirinha' , well let's start a tutorial :lol:

You will need:
A Glass
Lemon
Sugar
Ice-Cubes
Cachaça ( ... U can use Vodka if u don't find cachaça, but it will be a 'caipiroska' anyway)

Cut a lemon in 8 parts
Put this 8 lemon parts and 2 sugar spoons on the glass
Use a wood-pillow (is this the name?) to 'crush' the lemon.
So u put ice(in cubes ONLY!) , after 10seconds, u can add Cachaça or Vodka, and well done! Caipirinha

(The wood thing is the 'wood pillow')

Thx guys!
see ya in next week \o
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I think you mean *lime*, rather than lemon, innit? ;)
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Who cares, I like the sound of this ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Spigel
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ozpat
From the Lowlands

I'll try it! With Vodka....ofcourse. :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Silver_Owl
The Don

It does look really good. I think I might add Soda water though.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
eldorado69
Road Kill

The wooden thing is a 'Muddler', and I prefer the drink over crushed ice.
It disturbs me no more to find men base, unjust, or selfish than to see apes mischievous, wolves savage, or the vulture ravenous
Husek
Slight Overbomber

eldorado69 wrote:The wooden thing is a 'Muddler', and I prefer the drink over crushed ice.
with crushed ice , the ice will melt too fast , and the final result of your drink 'll be diferent, but still nice sure :lol:
I like'it with vodka in 99,9% of times, i'm not a exactly fan of cachaça :oops:

Ps: It's good to remember, 2 spoons of sugar it's for sugarcane sugar, for other types of sugar (sugar beet, fruit, honey and others) u need to use more, 3~~5 spoons
Project Personal Dok
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I prefer rum... ;)
eldorado69
Road Kill

Husek wrote:
eldorado69 wrote:The wooden thing is a 'Muddler', and I prefer the drink over crushed ice.
with crushed ice , the ice will melt too fast , and the final result of your drink 'll be diferent, but still nice sure :lol:

Ps: It's good to remember, 2 spoons of sugar it's for sugarcane sugar, for other types of sugar (sugar beet, fruit, honey and others) u need to use more, 3~~5 spoons
Ice melts at the same rate whether it is crushed or in cubes, depending on the temperature of the liquid it is in, the process is called 'latent heat', I believe. :)
It disturbs me no more to find men base, unjust, or selfish than to see apes mischievous, wolves savage, or the vulture ravenous
Silver_Owl
The Don

eldorado69 wrote:
Husek wrote:

Ice melts at the same rate whether it is crushed or in cubes, depending on the temperature of the liquid it is in, the process is called 'latent heat', I believe. :)
I must confess I'm more of a crushed guy too.
Last edited by Silver_Owl on 12 May 2008, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Husek
Slight Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:
eldorado69 wrote:
Husek wrote: with crushed ice , the ice will melt too fast , and the final result of your drink 'll be diferent, but still nice sure :lol:

I must confess I'm moree of a crushed guy too.
http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caipirinha

Look on "Adiciona-se gelo (em cubo, e não granizado, pois o gelo picado derrete muito rápido e estraga a caipirinha)."

It means "Add ice in cubes(in cubes , and not crushing, because crushed will melt too mutch fast and fck* ur caipirinha)

*it's dont realy fck, but i don't know the english word to this :lol:

Anyway, in the pubs, if u ask for a caipirinha with crushed ice, the barman who says "it's for quickly drink only, 5minutes in max."
Project Personal Dok
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Ahh, Brazil has other great things too but just gorgeous women and sunshine...i'll give this a go, with vodka, of course.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
EvilBastard
Overbomber

eldorado69 wrote:
Husek wrote:

[Physics geek]
Technically this is true, but because crushed ice has a far greater surface area to mass ratio than cubed ice it will melt more quickly than cubed ice. The faster it melts the quicker the drink in question becomes chilled, of course, hence the comment about crushed ice being for quick drinks. The advantage to using cubed ice is that ice floats at the top of the glass. Thus the liquid immediately surrounding it becomes chilled and slowly sinks to the bottom of the glass (cold liquid being denser than warm liquid). This is the point of sipping a cold beverage through a straw - by placing the end of the straw near the bottom of the glass you get the benefit of the colder liquid at the bottom rather than the warmer liquid near the top.

This is also the value of leaving the glass on the bar while you're drinking, or wrapping a napkin round the bottom of it while you're holding it. Not only does the napkin allow you to maintain a firm grip on the glass while the condensation forms on the outside, it also insulates the drink from your body heat. There's no point in icing a drink if you're going to wrap your mitts around the part of the glass where the coldest liquid is.
[/physics geek]
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
psichonaut
Overbomber

wow EB..you change my way to get drunk :innocent: ;D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Use a shaker. The drink'll be blisteringly cold (serve immediately!), and there won't be any chunks of ice in the glass that'll melt and dilute your poison...er...potion. :P ;)