the Doors...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:
Andy TG wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:Jim was sexy and a bad ass! He did huge amounts of LSD!

I'll always love him.
@ Madame - YOU would ;-)
Yes indeed! But I've loved the Doors forever it feels like!
I'm a weird woman Andy!

just like that movie natural born killers...people got up and left just as the movie started, and i was just sat there understanding and enjoying that movie with all the reasons to.
Your Weird? - Im Weird - we are all Weird! - "it dont help to be one of the chosen" LOL
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Dark
Underneath the Rock

You're lucky, I'm lucky, WE'RE ALL LUCKY!

;D
psichonaut
Overbomber

I'm the Lizard King ;D
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

psichonaut wrote:I'm the Lizard King ;D
So you're in charge of the fire drills in the reptile house then? :wink:
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Syberberg wrote:
Are you taking the HISS? ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Dark wrote:You're lucky, I'm lucky, WE'RE ALL LUCKY!

;D
If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy!

:innocent:

:von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Andy TG wrote:
Syberberg wrote:
:lol: Nice one. :notworthy:
Syberberg

Andy TG wrote:
Syberberg wrote:

:innocent: Who, me? :innocent: :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

SINsister wrote:
markfiend wrote:My main surprise is that anyone who's into the Sisters has taken so long to discover the Doors.
*Coughs*
Erm...this may come as a surprise (or not), but I've never liked The Doors. I don't care for Jim's voice, and the repetitive keyboard bits in many of their tunes drive me batty. :( The only Doors tune that I enjoy at all is "The End." Alas. :|
I didn't say you had to like them did I? ;)

Naah, but from dei's 1st post, it makes it sound like it's the first time he's heard them, which is what I was surprised by. After all, it's difficult to deny Jim Morrison's sartorial (if nothing else) influence on :von:, especially in the early-to-mid 80's.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:
SINsister wrote:
markfiend wrote:My main surprise is that anyone who's into the Sisters has taken so long to discover the Doors.
*Coughs*
Erm...this may come as a surprise (or not), but I've never liked The Doors. I don't care for Jim's voice, and the repetitive keyboard bits in many of their tunes drive me batty. :( The only Doors tune that I enjoy at all is "The End." Alas. :|
I didn't say you had to like them did I? ;)

Naah, but from dei's 1st post, it makes it sound like it's the first time he's heard them, which is what I was surprised by. After all, it's difficult to deny Jim Morrison's sartorial (if nothing else) influence on :von:, especially in the early-to-mid 80's.
Sure thing. Especially the bearded stage. :wink:

@Emma - Which biography did you read? There are several - some of which tell a better story than others. The general view was that he was a bit of a drunken changeling. Nice, sensetive guy when sober. Arse when pissed. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Hexe Luciferia

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Nice, sensetive guy when sober. Arse when pissed. ;D
Reminds me totally of my last ex! :eek: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, straight back on topic: I do like the Doors, and quite a lot to be honest. I always found their music very fascinating in a "sickish" way -sorry, don't know how put it better (I will be surely ridiculed for that :innocent: ). First time I heard "The End" I was around nine-ten years old and I was really enthralled.
And I agree with markfiend about the influence Jim Morrison had on :von: (in a way or another).
I'll shove that bat up your a** and turn you into a popsicle
christophe
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:You asked
christophe wrote:is there a movie?
I answered. :innocent: :lol:
ok you got me there :lol:

@ Markfiend.
I think I only really discovered The Doors last year.
Not that I wasn’t aware of their existence, and when I started listening to their albums I knew most of the some from somewhere but it took me that long to go for it myself.
I think they are one of those bands most people know but the amount of people who actually know the music decreases every year. :(

I have become a fan, but they play a strange kind of music, sometimes it feels so cheerful and other times it feels so heavy/strong/disturbing. Defiantly music that comes with certain moods.
Another Shade of You.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Never heard of them.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

markfiend wrote:I didn't say you had to like them did I? ;)
Nope. :P But I hardly can be said to have "discovered" them - more like, they were thrust upon my unwilling (and slightly horrified) ears when I was a wee lass and a captive audience (in the family car, in the art room at school, etc.).
Lest anyone think I'm singling out The Doors, I also happen to absolutely loathe The Stones; I've only recently (i.e., in the past decade, or so) gained a mild appreciation for Led Zep, who were one of my most hated bands over the years. :|

*Hides*
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Doors have been installed throughout my house, yes. Plentifully.

Sorry, what was the question again?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Syberberg

Obviousman wrote:Doors have been installed throughout my house, yes. Plentifully.

Oh dear, that reminds me of when I moved into my first bedsit in Hartlepool and a prime example of how bad my sense of humour can be sometimes. The door to my room was only hanging onto the frame by one hinge. In a conversation about said door with my landlord, I said "I call it Jim."

"Why?" asked the landlord, looking rather confused.

"Well," I replied, "it's a barely functional, half-unhinged door innit?"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Syberberg wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Doors have been installed throughout my house, yes. Plentifully.

Oh dear, that reminds me of when I moved into my first bedsit in Hartlepool and a prime example of how bad my sense of humour can be sometimes. The door to my room was only hanging onto the frame by one hinge. In a conversation about said door with my landlord, I said "I call it Jim."

"Why?" asked the landlord, looking rather confused.

"Well," I replied, "it's a barely functional, half-unhinged door innit?"
:lol: :lol: :lol: I rather liked that :oops:

But yes I knew mine was lame, but hey :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
vicus

only song i like is "take it as it comes" - but this version please
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

The Doors. Everybody loved the doors back in my days.
Not me. Nada!
"as we walk on the floodland"
_emma_
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:@Emma - Which biography did you read? There are several - some of which tell a better story than others. The general view was that he was a bit of a drunken changeling. Nice, sensetive guy when sober. Arse when pissed. ;D
I don't remember, sorry, I was 16 or so and smoked a lot of dope back then. ;D I just recall thinking "what a bastard" every couple of pages and being put off the music for months. :|
Still, these days I'm one of the first people to go to the dancefloor when they get played in a pub. :)
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

i'm sure most of you people would never ever understand what Morrison was about, and thus get nothing out of his music or of what he said.

i've been on the verge of liking the Doors for years, and it all came to head when i read an interview of Jim and everything clicked into place. i knew then and there that he's one of the few that has understood anything about life or the world.

He's no mindless hippie-garbage.

And if he was an arse, meybbe that's coz most people, and this most likely includes YOU, deserve nothing but such behaviour, truly. His bandmates, from all i can gather, were terrible nitwits, too. Just good musicians, much in the way of Marx & co. who also think Eldritch is a terrible arse.

'Nuff said, you'd never understand anyways.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
_emma_
Overbomber

Ah. I can see you're now definitely infatuated with Mojo Risin', Dei, so no further discussion is possible at the moment.
I might be back to General Chat some time in the future, and then we might get back to the topic of differences and similarities between terrible arses and true gentlemen.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

itnAklipse wrote:i'm sure most of you people would never ever understand what Morrison was about, and thus get nothing out of his music or of what he said.

i've been on the verge of liking the Doors for years, and it all came to head when i read an interview of Jim and everything clicked into place. i knew then and there that he's one of the few that has understood anything about life or the world.

He's no mindless hippie-garbage.

And if he was an arse, meybbe that's coz most people, and this most likely includes YOU, deserve nothing but such behaviour, truly. His bandmates, from all i can gather, were terrible nitwits, too. Just good musicians, much in the way of Marx & co. who also think Eldritch is a terrible arse.

'Nuff said, you'd never understand anyways.
:eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Francis
Overbomber

I'm with PiB on this one. Beach Boys on acid. Dying young doesn't make you a hero.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
James Blast
Banned

the Beach Boys were on acid
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele