Chemical Wedding

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Jack Parsons was a brilliant chemist and inventor of the rocket fuel used for the US space flight to the moon. He was also a fanatical believer in the Magic of Aleister Crowley the aging occultist who considered himself 'The Beast' incarnate.

In 1947 Jack Parsons and L. Ron Hubbard were performing Crowley's mystic rituals in a house in Pasadena, California. Parsons wrote excitedly to his occult leader, Crowley.

'I have had the most devastating experience of my life. I have been in direct touch with One who is most Holy and Beautiful as mentioned in your 'Book of the Law'. First instructions were received through Lafayette Ron Hubbard the seer. I have followed them to the letter. There was a desire for incarnation. I am to act as an instructor, guardian, guide for nine months; then it will be loosed on the world...'

Crowley wrote despairingly to a disciple about Parsons:

It appears that he has given away both his girl and his money to this writer of science fiction and is now invoking the ritual to produce a MOONCHILD. I am fairly frantic...'

Nine months later while being visited by two students from Cambridge, Crowley died of cardiac degeneration. Missing from his personal possessions was his pocket-watch. His funeral took place in the Chapel of the Brighton Crematorium. The final rites were performed by the novelist Louis Marlowe reading extracts from Crowley's 'Book of the Law'. The Brighton Echo denounced the whole ceremony as a Black Mass. In 1952 Jack Parsons was blown up in his laboratory in Pasadena. L. Ron Hubbard died on his yacht as leader of the controversial Church of Scientology.

But did the issue end with these three deaths? Would Crowley, as he claimed, ever return from death to rule the world? Why did US astronauts name a crater on the moon after Jack Parsons? Is L. Ron Hubbard really dead? What had been generated by the ceremony in California that seemed to signal Crowley's demise? And what happened to the missing pocket-watch?

Unanswered questions till, late in the twentieth century, when Dr. Joshua Mathers brought a 'state of the art' interactive suit from Cal Tech California to Cambridge in England to be hitched up to the Z93, the biggest super-cooled, super-conductive computer in the world.

http://www.chemicalweddingmovie.co.uk/
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
psichonaut
Overbomber

Crowley lived for years in a small town in Sicily too, in a big home not far from the sea....and the house is now the same as Ailester left it with hideous pictures representing the devil and the hell's creatures on every wall and the people of that small town still tell horrible stories about what happened in Crowley's home
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

what a load of crap

next please.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

ROFL! :lol: Good grief, what a moronathon... :roll:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Silver_Owl
The Don

It looks like a bit of harmless fun to me. And it's written by Captain. Bruce Dickinson. :?
I would much rather see a biopic of him but I'd go and see it.

..and of course I could show you where he was born....in good old Leamington spa
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

psichonaut wrote:Crowley lived for years in a small town in Sicily too, in a big home not far from the sea....and the house is now the same as Ailester left it with hideous pictures representing the devil and the hell's creatures on every wall and the people of that small town still tell horrible stories about what happened in Crowley's home
The Abbey of Thelema at Cefalù. Kenneth Grant has tried to paint them over, I understand.

I had no idea that Chemical Wedding was about Jack Parsons -- It was a standing joke for years that NASA's JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory) actually was the 'Jack Parsons Laboratory'.

Poor old Aleister Crowley, misunderstood by so many...

"Every man and every woman is a star."
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

markfiend wrote: Poor old Aleister Crowley, misunderstood by so many...

"Every man and every woman is a star."
Yeah if this Aleister Crowley had said...

"Every man and every woman is made from a star"....it would make sense. :innocent:
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

didn't he "consort" with Airdales?

rather unsavoury in my book :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Which reminds me -- must post on the Geeking thread...

(Edit: that was in reply to MB...)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

geek
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James, leave him alone!

I'm not going to say that again about Marky people...

The next one I'll bite your head off! :twisted:
that ongoing eternity