Tom Waits

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mokarran
Road Kill

I've managed to buy two tickets for a rare Tom Waits concert in the UK. He's playing the Edinburgh playhouse on Sunday 27 July. I don't actually know anyone who likes the old devil, and I'd be willing to sell to a Heartlander for the price I paid. It's a lot, by the way: £104 including the booking fee. Anyway, if you're interested try emailing me on simon@dive.uk.com

mokarran

Here's where I find out if fans of the Girls have owt against Tom Waits
EvilBastard
Overbomber

...for no man.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I love Tom Waits and would pay good money to see him, but then it'll have to be in Belgium :wink:
in dub we trust
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I'm deeply POd that he's not coming to New York on this tour - his live show is fantastic.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Debaser
Overbomber

Biggy is rather excited by the tickets he's managed to get - 4th row no less
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
James Blast
Banned

I wouldn't pay £104 for anyone
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mokarran
Road Kill

It is a lot of cash for a down and dirty performer such as Mr Waits to demand. But happily for me, I'm rich!

mokarran
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Mokarran wrote:It is a lot of cash for a down and dirty performer such as Mr Waits to demand. But happily for me, I'm rich!

mokarran
:lol: Right then....Have fun. Too far away for me.
"as we walk on the floodland"
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

EvilBastard wrote:...for no man.
Oy. :roll:

:lol:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

...usually looks as though he smells. :urff:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I love Tom Waits, and would happily pay £104 to see him live. I even live in Edinburgh (for now) so wouldn't have to travel.

However, it would be far too cruel of me to tell my friend (also a Tom Waits fan) that I had got myself a ticket but not one for her , so I'll have to pass on this one. :cry:
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Debaser wrote:Biggy is rather excited by the tickets he's managed to get - 4th row no less

;D ;D ;D

I HAVE 4TH ROW SEATS TO SEE TOM WAITS

;D ;D ;D

BTW - have a looky at his press conference - it's less than 4 minutes of your life and WELL worth watching until the end.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOrG1r3S6ZA
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

biggy wrote: BTW - have a looky at his press conference - it's less than 4 minutes of your life and WELL worth watching until the end.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOrG1r3S6ZA
brilliant :lol: :notworthy:
Mokarran
Road Kill

Yup, Tom's definitely got a sense of style. I thought Nick Cave's comedy seance promo for Dig Lazarus Dig was just as good.

Perhaps Von could do something similar...

Picture the scene: a long table, a bank of microphones.. Andrew Eldritch – dressed entirely in black, long raven hair – walks in to the opening fanfare of First and Last and Always and the assembled press burst into spontaneous applause. After five or six minutes, the adulation subsides and the great man clears his throat:

"I believe in giving the people what they want [yells of approval, whoops of joy]. We're gonna release a new triple album called 'Go Figure' and embark on a global tour with a full band, proper soundchecks, the whole bit. We're gonna put out a series of live retrospectives and make them available as pay-what-you-like downloads. I've written an autobiography 'A Successful Silence' noting in fine detail my early life, the formation of the band and the subsequent personnel issues that nearly ended the Sisters. With that in mind, I've recruited some additional talent to augment the current band..."

At this point, a whiff of petulie permeates the room and a grinning That Guitarist strolls onto the podium, making a good-natured 'we're not worthy' gesture as he approaches Von. The two men appear to embrace, then Von removes his Aviators and says "Wayne's written some really interesting lyrics, and we're gonna see what we can do with them, with a little help from another old friend.." There are gasps of astonishment and a second standing ovation as Gary Marx strides onto the podium, high-fiving Von and Wayne as he takes his place in front of the world's media.

As the cheers subside, Von's smile takes on a sardonic edge. He growls "careful what you wish for" produces a remote control and flicks a switch. The figures of Marx and Hussey flicker and fade, revealed now as elaborate holograms. There are howls of disbelief from the press and Eldritch wags his forefinger mock admonishment, then whips off the black wig to reveal a sadly familiar bald pate beneath...

"What did you take me for, boys and girls... a c**nt?"

It could happen......

mokarran
James Blast
Banned

I'd maybe pay £103 to see that, but not £104 ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele