Planet Rock Saved! Radio 4 Crumbles!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Planet Rock Saved!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:Planet Rock Saved!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D Just turned it on to hear Like a Hurricane :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

I rarely listen to the sainted Radio 4 these days, Planet Rock is a quality station with a keen website. I'm glad it still lives. :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:I rarely listen to the sainted Radio 4 these days, Planet Rock is a quality station with a keen website. I'm glad it still lives. :D
I haven't heard a good play on Radio 4 for ages. It always seems to be factual debate or news related. :(
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

It does? I may actually start listening to it.
Silver_Owl
The Don

I wasn't inferring there was anything wrong with that, just a time and place. I like to lose myself in a good play when driving....
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Dark wrote:It does? I may actually start listening to it.
Try this between 7.30pm and 10pm :D
James Blast
Banned

Hom_Corleone wrote:I haven't heard a good play on Radio 4 for ages. :(
I really hate to say this but, me too. :|
Perhaps not an earth-shattering discussion for most of the forum but, I was a Radio 4 addict for years, decades in fact!
Planet Rock has (bar Bernard Docherty who needs a guid stabbin') non-cretinous between tune verbalisers unlike the Scotish station Rock FM. I actually find myself switching off inbetween tracks.
Now that PR has a new lease of life, I may buy one of those DAB thingies for my motor. :D

I think the passing of Humph has something to do with my ennui for 4 :(

if ye feel this deserves a seperate thread Steve - you have the power :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

:wink:

Maybe yer right. The last good one I heard was the Engleby dramatisation. Which was superb...
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

I have heard so many decent plays/books/dramatisations on Radio 4 that I find it hard to separate them. That was in the past, 'natch but I do recal (fondly):
a play about a bloke who goes to a Greek island and his dreams intermingle with real life
Nightingales and Bombers - it gave me the totally wrong impression about eating pike
and many other that have now blurred, sorry I've have a very busy 3 days and may be more enlightened tomorrow. I shall set my mind to it when Dick Jockohomos open their gubs on Rock FM.
~ Peter Steele