Sophie Lancaster - Youths appeal

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Apologies that should've read "scum appeal" anyway the scum that pass as members of our society have appealed against their sentences, I do hope that whoever listens to their appeal decides that the sentences passed were too lenient and increases them, unlikely but we can but hope.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lanc ... 452815.stm
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

Good on the judge for describing it as a 'hate crime'. I hope they get their sentences increased too.
robertzombie
Overbomber

The Judge wrote:He described the Goth community as "perfectly peaceful law-abiding people who pose no threat to anybody"
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Yep, let's hope that whoever hears the appeal increases the sentence!
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I'm a pacifist...but oh, the things I'd wish on those subhumans if I weren't... :evil: :cry:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:
The Judge wrote:He described the Goth community as "perfectly peaceful law-abiding people who pose no threat to anybody"
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Just don't be spillin' us pints o'snakebite n'black, awwight? :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

Really couldn't give a flying one about this particular case, it's mindless violence no matter whom it's aimed at. It's usually the elderly, infirm or those with a different skin or scarf colour that feel the brunt. The only reason this case is so high profile is this here internet and it's 'club' culture.

Whilst I think it's dreadfull that a young life was taken by some miscreant youth, I do take a dim view of the way it has become a cause celebe.

It's kinda cool to add your e-sympathies, that way your peers can see how much you really care.

charity begins at home
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Really couldn't give a flying one about this particular case, it's mindless violence no matter whom it's aimed at. It's usually the elderly, infirm or those with a different skin or scarf colour that feel the brunt. The only reason this case is so high profile is this here internet and it's 'club' culture.

Whilst I think it's dreadfull that a young life was taken by some miscreant youth, I do take a dim view of the way it has become a cause celebe.

It's kinda cool to add your e-sympathies, that way your peers can see how much you really care.

charity begins at home
cause celebre actually.

Apart from that I'm 100% with ya brother.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Francis wrote:cause celebre actually.
I was going to do that, but figured I'd get yelled at. Thanks! :lol:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

I ken'd it didn't look richt, it sounded fine but... well it was Friday and beer had been taken :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

don't make me cry again.

:|
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I have very mixed feelings about the whole Sophie campaign and way it's being handled. Despite my doubts about the productivity of such high profile media campaigns (like the McCann one), I signed the petition because I feel very strongly about mindless intolerance full stop. I have on a couple of occasions narrowly escaped violent situations purely for being judged 'different' and therefore fair game for similarly stupid and uncaring people as those who killed Sophie. However, all the legislation in the world isn't going to stop this s**t from happening and may just serve to make angry people even angrier. The handful of 'clown faced loser' remarks among all the genuine signatures on that petition shows just how much contempt some people have for something they don't personally identify with and can't be bothered going through the thought process required to decide to live and let live.