Whatever happened to...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Francis
Overbomber

...speed or coca cola or red bull? Are you all asleep? Or dancing in a club I'm too old for?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Francis wrote:...speed or coca cola or red bull? Are you all asleep? Or dancing in a club I'm too old for?
went the same way as your teenage dream mate. how is the back btw?
Goths have feelings too
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

None of the above; I had to get up at 5:15 this morning for "work," so I was already abed when you posted, methinks.
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I was out dancing at said club until half 3, then went home with a friend, got to sleep around 4.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Bastard. No clubs nor dancing for me, dammit. This blows. :cry:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
eotunun
Overbomber

Assam and a good book. Or Earl Grey and a good book. Or any of the mentioned drinks and a guitar. These hold a lot of fascination for me lately.
Or Coffee and a Keyboard. Sometimes it'll be beer and a por.. a documentary.
And dates.
Looks like I almost got something similar to a life. :eek:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Dark
Underneath the Rock

SINsister wrote:Bastard. No clubs nor dancing for me, dammit. This blows. :cry:
I need to dance.. it helps me forget that the alcohol stops me from pretending I'm happy, and starts me telling the truth about how I feel to people who I shouldn't.
Dodges Unlimited Inc.
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Francis wrote:...speed or coca cola or red bull? Are you all asleep? Or dancing in a club I'm too old for?
By 'speed' I presume you mean Amphetamine Sulphate ('Billy', 'Whizz', 'Berwick' or 'Dexies'), or perhaps Crystal Methedrine ('Ice')? - All very naughty, and not something to be recommended if my teeth and sanity are anything to go by ...

A large Espresso at Costa Coffee in Tescos Ludlow, whilst reading The Times - the best I have tasted so far outside of Florence - or a home-made equivalent is my personal preferred stimulant of choice these dayz ... Whichever 'club' you are alluding to is long since gone I'm afraid ... Clubs are mostly in the pocket of 'big business' now - Remember: Acid House, Raves and the reaction of the Tory government to stop alfresco fun - The Right of more than a handful of peeps to gather together, and some 'Bill' they put through 'Parliament' to prevent this happening ... The erosion of our Civil Liberties, and 'freedom' - whatever they were ...

Some peeps will remember Stonehenge in the 70's & 80's, Castle Morton, Torpedo Town Demo, Brighton/Hove/Shoreham Beach, but those were not 'clubs' of course ... I'm sure we all had/have our own favourite indoor venues for looning about too, but the 'spark' seems to have gone out of that particular scenario, I venture ... I'll 'billy bet' there are plenty out there who will disagree, and I periodically hear about some nocturnal fun, but 'tis a pale shadow of its former illustrious dayz that's for certain sure ... Things have 'moved on', eh? More serious concerns to worry about now perhaps, such as being able to afford filing up with some increasingly expensive non-sustainable 'juice' to get to 'work', or finding the paper 'vouchers' to feed ourselves? Even turning on the tap expecting some handy non-poisonous fluid to wash and re-hydrate ourselves is becoming a bit of a luxury, eh? Nostalgia washed down with some home-brewed coffee (or another alcoholic 'sherbet'), whilst we puff on some home-grown is about the best I (we?) can hope for ... (Groan ...) Those younger and more innocent (naive?), might disagree, and good luck to 'em - Enjoy it whilst it lasts ...

Oh, I don't remember Goffs 'dancing' much either, if ever - 'Doing the Standing Still'* is what I recall ... *being part of the lyric to a 'song' I'm vaguely familiar with ...

Dum de dum :innocent:
“Pension. Pay given to a state hireling for treason to his country.�
Samuel Johnson, A Dictionary of the English Language (1755)
canon docre
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
went the same way as your teenage dream mate. how is the back btw?
:lol:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
scotty
Overbomber

..................?
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Dodges Unlimited Inc.
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

scotty wrote:Image

..................?
Apparently they haven't spoken to each other in real life since those far off days ... !
“Pension. Pay given to a state hireling for treason to his country.�
Samuel Johnson, A Dictionary of the English Language (1755)