The Psychedelic Furs

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

I saw today that The Psychedelic Furs are playing here next week. That was quite a shock as I didn't know they were still on the go! I used to like (some of) their records - still think their first two albums are blinders ... but that was obviously a long time ago! Has anybody seen them recently or heard what they're like these days? Would be interested to know. I quite fancy going but I've got a busy few days ahead already gigwise and I have to watch those céntimos...
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

There is a house of blues live CD from 2001 - not bad, Richards's voice sometimes wavers but they are one of the greatest bands ever FACT! ;D

Apart from midnight to Midnight :innocent:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Splendid band.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Dodges Unlimited Inc.
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I saw them in ?1989 in Brighton - when they were still great, but that was a long time ago - or was it? Is it still the original band? Playing for a meal ticket? ...
“Pension. Pay given to a state hireling for treason to his country.�
Samuel Johnson, A Dictionary of the English Language (1755)
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Wish they would play round here..... :)
"as we walk on the floodland"
Pista
Cureboi

Book of days was a bit of a dog's egg too.

I saw them also in Brighton in 84 & then again on the midnight to midnight tour.
There are a few good songs on that album, but the shiny clothes were really not them.
Butler's voice is fabulous & if anyone get's round to it, check out Love Spit Love.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pursued By Trees
Road Kill

If the House Of Blues recording from 2001 is anything to go by then I'd certainly go for it!

The two Love Spit Love albums are both great ... as is Richard Butlers eponymous solo effort of 2006.

I reckon that the 2nd and 3rd albums are their strongest ... agree that Book Of Days and Midnight To Midnight are their weakest ... also feel that World Outside seemed to be a somewhat under-rated return to form after that period.
I'm headed for the trees over there
If that's not a destination
I don't care