Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Another new SOM reissue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #26  Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WE KNOW THAT WILL BE ANOTHER "BEST OF " NOTHING MORE, MAYBE SOME B-SIDES.
Andy TG
Overbomber

PostPost #27  Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:

You mean, I expect ALL THE STUFF the real fans (IE HLers) have already - but whatever means in various formats! Wink

So "Your Flavour Of The Month" This Week Are You?

Andrew Eldritch IS Herr Flick Of The Gestapo in Allo Alllo!
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #28  Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My money's on a "mop up the tracks that were missing from the reissues" job, unless "Platinum Collection" is actually the title of the new LP ( Laughing ), revealed for the first time.
christophe
Overbomber

PostPost #29  Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
My money's on a "mop up the tracks that were missing from the reissues" job, unless "Platinum Collection" is actually the title of the new LP ( Laughing ), revealed for the first time.
actually that would be a name von would like for a new album Laughing
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #30  Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is it will be sth like last bauhaus album ? as mista Blast called it "rabbit pulled from a hat" ? then i'm in. Wink
zero01
Road Kill

PostPost #31  Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Everyone, great forum, amusing as hell...

Wouldn't there have been new merchandise at the last gig if somethin interesting was about to happen...
christophe
Overbomber

PostPost #32  Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zero01 wrote:
Hi Everyone, great forum, amusing as hell...

Wouldn't there have been new merchandise at the last gig if somethin interesting was about to happen...
you are under the impression we really are under the impression something interesting is about to happen? Razz
then again
at this point him going for cigarettes after a gig is still shocking news for most of us Laughing

If this really is an ‘new’ release of old material then it will be something done behind Von’s back, he’ll probably won’t bother to much as he is entitled in some royalties without having to do anything. But believe me, that is the best we can hope for.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #33  Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

christophe wrote:
If this really is an ‘new’ release of old material then it will be something done behind Von’s back, he’ll probably won’t bother to much as he is entitled in some royalties without having to do anything. But believe me, that is the best we can hope for.

yup. my thoughts precisely Neutral
the cake is a lie
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #34  Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I asked in HMV and the bloke goes "yeah I've heard about that, there's nothing on our system at the moment but I guess they're just finishing the tracks now" - so in other words, no mate, you obviously ain't got a clue Laughing

The bloke in Borders said he'd heard about a new compilation but they also had nothing on their "system".
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #35  Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

robertzombie wrote:
I asked in HMV and the bloke goes "yeah I've heard about that, there's nothing on our system at the moment but I guess they're just finishing the tracks now" - so in other words, no mate, you obviously ain't got a clue Laughing

The bloke in Borders said he'd heard about a new compilation but they also had nothing on their "system".

fight the system! Laughing
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #36  Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andy TG wrote:
Bartek wrote:

You mean, I expect ALL THE STUFF the real fans (IE HLers) have already - but whatever means in various formats! Wink

Yeah, this "Platinum Collection" was previously entitled "Some Boys Wander By Mistake." Go figure. It wasn't me...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #37  Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

a re-masterd SGWBM with the original mixes (like FALAA) wouldn't go a miss. i hate the way the reprise of kiss fades out. .>>picky old twit<<
and everybody acts like they forgot about GARY MARX"

Flying Bat!
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #38  Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Play.com now lists the Platinum Collection as well as the 2in1 pack and most sites are listing the release date of the 2in1 as 18/08/2008 but the Platinum Collection has all sorts of dates.

Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #39  Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Platinum Collection sounds interesting. A remastered SGWBM with some extra's would be nice. I'll probably buy it whatever it contains.... Smile
christophe
Overbomber

PostPost #40  Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ozpat wrote:
Platinum Collection sounds interesting. A remastered SGWBM with some extra's would be nice. I'll probably buy it whatever it contains.... Smile
I'm afraid this 2in1 is just the old SGWBM and remastered Vision Thing Ozpat Sad
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #41  Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

christophe wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
I'm afraid this 2in1 is just the old SGWBM and remastered Vision Thing Ozpat Sad

Maybe...Some sites refer to it as Platinum Collection; ONE cd. Rhino is still quiet about it. Just wait and see what happens. Meanwhile, let's hope. Wink
christophe
Overbomber

PostPost #42  Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok sorry I thought you ware refering to the 2in1 package. Smile
the platinum thingy, yes no doubt I'll buy it too Razz
I'm guessing a cardboard pachage with maybe an hour worth of old material.
original Temple, alice, this corrosion, Dr Jeep,...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #43  Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ozpat wrote:

as far as i remember it's impossible - lack of space on cd.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #44  Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
Ozpat wrote:

as far as i remember it's impossible - lack of space on cd.

Yes, that was what I was considering as well after posting. Another dream gone for now. Neutral
Thanks Bartek! Sad Wink Laughing
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #45  Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maybe von's type of sarcasm..
platinum collection being collection of the "new tracks".. knowing they are all quite old by now and already greatest hits.. lol
Ghost
Road Kill

PostPost #46  Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ghostrider wrote:
maybe von's type of sarcasm..
platinum collection being collection of the "new tracks".. knowing they are all quite old by now and already greatest hits.. lol

That would be a funny thing really!
But unfortunately, imho platinum will be sort of a SGWBM + ASCOO, comprised mostly of A-sides.
If you see, even though ASCOO is a best of, it can't hardly define their whole career for the newcomer, hence the need for a revised compilation.

Even before I knew TSOM, I was recommended to check SGWBM as their best of "of the things I'd enjoy to hear", something like JD/NO Substance (being mostly 12" a-sides compilations) and for some time it was all I knew from the band. Now imagine my face when I listened to ASCOO as their official best of, and I got a hard rock band instead of the post-punk/goffier sounding stuff that drew my attention to them.
VonOben
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #47  Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

According to http://www.cdon.com/product.phtml?prod=958925 it's SGWBM + VT.

Artist: Sisters Of Mercy
Titel: 2 In 1 : Some Girls Wander By/visio
Label: Wm Uk
Bolag: WMS
Mediatyp: Album
Releasedatum: 2008-08-13
Katalognr: WMS-2564694-603
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #48  Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Platinum Collection is something else.

Also, according to eBay:
Details
Number of CDs: 1
Recording Type: Studio
Distributor: Cinram Logistics

Maybe someone could give Cinram a ring Very Happy
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #49  Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just phoned the record shop where I used to work and the guys there reckon that the double of Some Girls/Vision Thing is just that, nothing extra. Whilst the Platinum Collection is going to be a cheapo collection and if there was anything really exciting it'd cost alot more than £5.99-£7.99.
But there's no tracklisting on any of their trade websites. I've asked for promos but they're not too sure if there'll be anything. They came up trumps with the 3 album reissues, so who knows?
It looks like we'll have to wait and see, but i don't think it'll be that all singing and dancing boxset we all want.

matt..
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #50  Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

robertzombie wrote:
The Platinum Collection is something else.

Also, according to eBay:
Details
Number of CDs: 1
Recording Type: Studio
Distributor: Cinram Logistics

Maybe someone could give Cinram a ring Very Happy

Now now, let's not get too excited.

They might just have recorded another Temple of Love and backed it with another version of Alice Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: