Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Showgirls

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
msm67
Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 184

PostPost #1  Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Showgirls Reply with quote Back to top

Having seen this movie more times than I care to admit Embarassed (usually when there is nothing else on the damn telly), today I actually started viewing it from the beginning. Lo & behold, 2nd song in the movie is Vision Thing! Question is: Must one include soundtrack appearances in order to have "official" releases and/or "complete" collections? I really don't want to have get this cd!!! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deadagain
Banned


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 745
Location: living on the ceiling

PostPost #2  Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it is a bit shiite isn't it?

it all depends on how obsessive you are I suppose. can't say i'd bother - is only a very edited clip of the song on the film anyway isn't it?
_________________
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber


Joined: 08 Apr 2006
Posts: 1023
Location: amsterdamned

PostPost #3  Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shiite?

it is a great movie, and a perfect combination with VT. The American adaptation of Keetje Tippel - which is a hailing Mary from the Reeperbahn of the Lowlands.
_________________
guns & cars & accidents
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deadagain
Banned


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 745
Location: living on the ceiling

PostPost #4  Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dinky daisy wrote:
Shiite?

it is a great movie, and a perfect combination with VT. The American adaptation of Keetje Tippel - which is a hailing Mary from the Reeperbahn of the Lowlands.


Yup, IMHO obviously Smile
_________________
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber


Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 1870
Location: Leeds

PostPost #5  Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Showgirls Reply with quote Back to top

msm67 wrote:
I really don't want to have get this cd!!! Laughing


Surely you've better things to spend your money on..? Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lachert
Overbomber


Joined: 30 Jul 2002
Posts: 3142
Location: is it a womb or is it a tomb?

PostPost #6  Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there's no vision thing on showgirls soundtrack:
http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/catalog/soundtrackdetail.php?movieid=8625
_________________
long live rock'n'roll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 3209
Location: my own imagination

PostPost #7  Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just because it's not on the album doesn't mean it isn't in the film. Very few soundtrack albums actually contain the entire soundtrack, as they'd have to be 1.5 hours plus long.

And msm67, your punishment for watching the film is that you do have to buy the album, even though it doesn't include VT!
_________________
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lachert
Overbomber


Joined: 30 Jul 2002
Posts: 3142
Location: is it a womb or is it a tomb?

PostPost #8  Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i like verhoeven, i like movie, i know that vision is in the film. but i just don't see any sense of putting this soundtrack to sisters collection when there's no sisters track on it Very Happy
_________________
long live rock'n'roll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber


Joined: 08 Apr 2006
Posts: 1023
Location: amsterdamned

PostPost #9  Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lachert wrote:
i like verhoeven, i like movie, i know that vision is in the film. but i just don't see any sense of putting this soundtrack to sisters collection when there's no sisters track on it Very Happy


Well, because of lack of any new sisters material. Next in line is a Matt Bianco album, because he used the words "mercy" and "sisters" on 1 album.
_________________
guns & cars & accidents
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lachert
Overbomber


Joined: 30 Jul 2002
Posts: 3142
Location: is it a womb or is it a tomb?

PostPost #10  Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dinky daisy wrote:
lachert wrote:
i like verhoeven, i like movie, i know that vision is in the film. but i just don't see any sense of putting this soundtrack to sisters collection when there's no sisters track on it Very Happy


Well, because of lack of any new sisters material. Next in line is a Matt Bianco album, because he used the words "mercy" and "sisters" on 1 album.

right. hope that you all have already all cohen compilations and live albums etc. Wink
_________________
long live rock'n'roll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker


Joined: 11 Jul 2002
Posts: 4507

PostPost #11  Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lachert wrote:
i like verhoeven, i like movie, i know that vision is in the film. but i just don't see any sense of putting this soundtrack to sisters collection when there's no sisters track on it Very Happy


you just like the tits pervert! Mr. Green

altogether more suitable; TOL as i recall

http://www.freewebs.com/franckstella/thedarkdogs.htm

edit: here you go, NWS but a mighty fine film Very Happy

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=3760025
_________________
Empathy is wasted by nice people
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deadagain
Banned


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 745
Location: living on the ceiling

PostPost #12  Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lachert wrote:

right. hope that you all have already all cohen compilations and live albums etc. Wink


forget the vague association with the Sisters - early Leonard Cohen is fantastic in its own right!
_________________
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lachert
Overbomber


Joined: 30 Jul 2002
Posts: 3142
Location: is it a womb or is it a tomb?

PostPost #13  Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deadagain wrote:
lachert wrote:

right. hope that you all have already all cohen compilations and live albums etc. Wink


forget the vague association with the Sisters - early Leonard Cohen is fantastic in its own right!

you talkin to me? i like even present cohen Wink
_________________
long live rock'n'roll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deadagain
Banned


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 745
Location: living on the ceiling

PostPost #14  Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lachert wrote:

you talkin to me? i like even present cohen Wink


I don't see anyone else here...

in truth I don't know much of his later stuff - just the 1970s stuff and that from the NBK soundtrack - which definitely IS worth buying Cool
_________________
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aims
Overbomber


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 3212
Location: in between

PostPost #15  Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deadagain wrote:
it is a bit shiite isn't it?


Well you're not going to see the cave-dwelling goffs out when it's sunni It wasn't me...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker


Joined: 11 Jul 2002
Posts: 4507

PostPost #16  Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deadagain wrote:
lachert wrote:

you talkin to me? i like even present cohen Wink


I don't see anyone else here...

in truth I don't know much of his later stuff - just the 1970s stuff and that from the NBK soundtrack - which definitely IS worth buying Cool


absofuckinlutely. one of the best soundtracks evah We are not worthy!
_________________
Empathy is wasted by nice people
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lachert
Overbomber


Joined: 30 Jul 2002
Posts: 3142
Location: is it a womb or is it a tomb?

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

paint it black wrote:
deadagain wrote:
lachert wrote:

you talkin to me? i like even present cohen Wink


I don't see anyone else here...

in truth I don't know much of his later stuff - just the 1970s stuff and that from the NBK soundtrack - which definitely IS worth buying Cool


absofuckinlutely. one of the best soundtracks evah We are not worthy!

yeah, good one. these two cohen songs comes from 1992 album:

but "10 new song" and "dear heather" isn't bad at all alsow.
_________________
long live rock'n'roll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Posts: 326
Location: Toronto, ON

PostPost #18  Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everybody Knows kicks major ass.
_________________
End of line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Andy TG
Overbomber


Joined: 30 Jan 2002
Posts: 2515
Location: Wherever I Am At The Time......

PostPost #19  Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lachert wrote:
paint it black wrote:
deadagain wrote:
lachert wrote:

you talkin to me? i like even present cohen Wink


I don't see anyone else here...

in truth I don't know much of his later stuff - just the 1970s stuff and that from the NBK soundtrack - which definitely IS worth buying Cool


absofuckinlutely. one of the best soundtracks evah We are not worthy!

yeah, good one. these two cohen songs comes from 1992 album:

but "10 new song" and "dear heather" isn't bad at all alsow.


Leonard Cohen's "The Future" is one of my favorite albums. Then again I do have everything the "Tower Of Song" has done. Smile
_________________
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M

So "Your Flavour Of The Month" This Week Are You?

Andrew Eldritch IS Herr Flick Of The Gestapo in Allo Alllo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deadagain
Banned


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 745
Location: living on the ceiling

PostPost #20  Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, i think i shall have to delve further into his back catalogue. Good job there's a record fayre in Cheltenham this weekend!
_________________
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 
Page 1 of 1

 


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group  ·  Heartland supports phpBBHacks.com
Theme and Graphics by Quiff Boy, Tim Blackman and those nice people at ibplanet.com