Another new SOM reissue

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

WE KNOW THAT WILL BE ANOTHER "BEST OF " NOTHING MORE, MAYBE SOME B-SIDES.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:WE KNOW THAT WILL BE ANOTHER "BEST OF " NOTHING MORE, MAYBE SOME B-SIDES.
You mean, I expect ALL THE STUFF the real fans (IE HLers) have already - but whatever means in various formats! ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
mh
Above the Chemist

My money's on a "mop up the tracks that were missing from the reissues" job, unless "Platinum Collection" is actually the title of the new LP ( :lol: ), revealed for the first time.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
christophe
Overbomber

mh wrote:My money's on a "mop up the tracks that were missing from the reissues" job, unless "Platinum Collection" is actually the title of the new LP ( :lol: ), revealed for the first time.
actually that would be a name von would like for a new album :lol:
Another Shade of You.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

is it will be sth like last bauhaus album ? as mista Blast called it "rabbit pulled from a hat" ? then i'm in. :wink:
zero01
Road Kill

Hi Everyone, great forum, amusing as hell...

Wouldn't there have been new merchandise at the last gig if somethin interesting was about to happen...
Still night, nothing for miles...
christophe
Overbomber

zero01 wrote:Hi Everyone, great forum, amusing as hell...

Wouldn't there have been new merchandise at the last gig if somethin interesting was about to happen...
you are under the impression we really are under the impression something interesting is about to happen? :P
then again
at this point him going for cigarettes after a gig is still shocking news for most of us :lol:

If this really is an ‘new’ release of old material then it will be something done behind Von’s back, he’ll probably won’t bother to much as he is entitled in some royalties without having to do anything. But believe me, that is the best we can hope for.
Another Shade of You.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

christophe wrote:If this really is an ‘new’ release of old material then it will be something done behind Von’s back, he’ll probably won’t bother to much as he is entitled in some royalties without having to do anything. But believe me, that is the best we can hope for.
yup. my thoughts precisely :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
robertzombie
Overbomber

I asked in HMV and the bloke goes "yeah I've heard about that, there's nothing on our system at the moment but I guess they're just finishing the tracks now" - so in other words, no mate, you obviously ain't got a clue :lol:

The bloke in Borders said he'd heard about a new compilation but they also had nothing on their "system".
lachert
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:I asked in HMV and the bloke goes "yeah I've heard about that, there's nothing on our system at the moment but I guess they're just finishing the tracks now" - so in other words, no mate, you obviously ain't got a clue :lol:

The bloke in Borders said he'd heard about a new compilation but they also had nothing on their "system".
fight the system! :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Andy TG wrote:
Bartek wrote:WE KNOW THAT WILL BE ANOTHER "BEST OF " NOTHING MORE, MAYBE SOME B-SIDES.
You mean, I expect ALL THE STUFF the real fans (IE HLers) have already - but whatever means in various formats! ;-)
Yeah, this "Platinum Collection" was previously entitled "Some Boys Wander By Mistake." Go figure. :innocent:
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

a re-masterd SGWBM with the original mixes (like FALAA) wouldn't go a miss. i hate the way the reprise of kiss fades out. .>>picky old twit<<
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
robertzombie
Overbomber

Play.com now lists the Platinum Collection as well as the 2in1 pack and most sites are listing the release date of the 2in1 as 18/08/2008 but the Platinum Collection has all sorts of dates.

Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Platinum Collection sounds interesting. A remastered SGWBM with some extra's would be nice. I'll probably buy it whatever it contains.... :)
"as we walk on the floodland"
christophe
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:Platinum Collection sounds interesting. A remastered SGWBM with some extra's would be nice. I'll probably buy it whatever it contains.... :)
I'm afraid this 2in1 is just the old SGWBM and remastered Vision Thing Ozpat :(
Another Shade of You.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

christophe wrote:
Ozpat wrote:Platinum Collection sounds interesting. A remastered SGWBM with some extra's would be nice. I'll probably buy it whatever it contains.... :)
I'm afraid this 2in1 is just the old SGWBM and remastered Vision Thing Ozpat :(
Maybe...Some sites refer to it as Platinum Collection; ONE cd. Rhino is still quiet about it. Just wait and see what happens. Meanwhile, let's hope. :wink:
christophe
Overbomber

ok sorry I thought you ware refering to the 2in1 package. :)
the platinum thingy, yes no doubt I'll buy it too :P
I'm guessing a cardboard pachage with maybe an hour worth of old material.
original Temple, alice, this corrosion, Dr Jeep,...
Another Shade of You.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

as far as i remember it's impossible - lack of space on cd.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Bartek wrote:
as far as i remember it's impossible - lack of space on cd.
Yes, that was what I was considering as well after posting. Another dream gone for now. :|
Thanks Bartek! :( :wink: :lol:
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

maybe von's type of sarcasm..
platinum collection being collection of the "new tracks".. knowing they are all quite old by now and already greatest hits.. lol
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
Ghost
Road Kill

Ghostrider wrote:maybe von's type of sarcasm..
platinum collection being collection of the "new tracks".. knowing they are all quite old by now and already greatest hits.. lol
That would be a funny thing really!
But unfortunately, imho platinum will be sort of a SGWBM + ASCOO, comprised mostly of A-sides.
If you see, even though ASCOO is a best of, it can't hardly define their whole career for the newcomer, hence the need for a revised compilation.

Even before I knew TSOM, I was recommended to check SGWBM as their best of "of the things I'd enjoy to hear", something like JD/NO Substance (being mostly 12" a-sides compilations) and for some time it was all I knew from the band. Now imagine my face when I listened to ASCOO as their official best of, and I got a hard rock band instead of the post-punk/goffier sounding stuff that drew my attention to them.
VonOben
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

According to http://www.cdon.com/product.phtml?prod=958925 it's SGWBM + VT.

Artist: Sisters Of Mercy
Titel: 2 In 1 : Some Girls Wander By/visio
Label: Wm Uk
Bolag: WMS
Mediatyp: Album
Releasedatum: 2008-08-13
Katalognr: WMS-2564694-603
"Baby... boogie... baby." - AE
robertzombie
Overbomber

The Platinum Collection is something else.

Also, according to eBay:
Details
Number of CDs: 1
Recording Type: Studio
Distributor: Cinram Logistics

Maybe someone could give Cinram a ring :D
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I just phoned the record shop where I used to work and the guys there reckon that the double of Some Girls/Vision Thing is just that, nothing extra. Whilst the Platinum Collection is going to be a cheapo collection and if there was anything really exciting it'd cost alot more than £5.99-£7.99.
But there's no tracklisting on any of their trade websites. I've asked for promos but they're not too sure if there'll be anything. They came up trumps with the 3 album reissues, so who knows?
It looks like we'll have to wait and see, but i don't think it'll be that all singing and dancing boxset we all want.

matt..
aims
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:The Platinum Collection is something else.

Also, according to eBay:
Details
Number of CDs: 1
Recording Type: Studio
Distributor: Cinram Logistics

Maybe someone could give Cinram a ring :D
Now now, let's not get too excited.

They might just have recorded another Temple of Love and backed it with another version of Alice :lol: