SISTERS for the USA Fall 08

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Australia.....New Zealand..... :innocent: :innocent:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Nah, Debs... :| Too many aggressive elephants in one country, too many poisonous animals in the other two. Lets stick to "civilized" countries. Like the USA... :twisted: :P :lol:

Only joking of course...
You can't fix stupid.
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@MB...that's right & :von: should come here and do it again!! Just like he's still doing Europe! And, yes, he should visit the countries he hasn't been to before. However, that may cost a bit of money, which a US tour could supply. He knows he has a fan-base here that will pay to see a show & buy the shirt. Once he has the extra money, then he could look into doing shows in uncharted territories. (meaning places where he's not sure of fan-base). Do have to remember that he likes the warm spots and I believe Australia is in the middle of winter right now, though I have no clue if it gets really cold there. As for places on the African continent, he'd need to be careful with the civil unrest going on in alot of places. Point is, he should do a world tour & hit every major city, in every state/republic/area/whatever, in every country. Then we'd all be happy!!! :D
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Hmm, tempting, time and money please come my way!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Oh don't worry ladies if he decides to do the countries he hasn't and needs a guide in S.A. I'll be happy enough to help out! As for the HL folk that I love I'll be able to show you all a safe route through the country and the ins-and-outs about what to look out for regarding safetly and poisonous creatures...elephants in S.A. are very friendly and are kept in game reserves and protected environment...

Hell we'll all be travelling together so no need to worry! :wink:

No but if TSOM wanted to gain a tour out of the ordinary and venture to new sights, new countries and fans there would be so grateful, it would work! Also the southern countries winters are very mild compared to those in europe!
that ongoing eternity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:would it not be easier for all you geniune stateside sisters fans to move over to europe? (though the mainlanders may show you up when it comes to an elevated command of the english language at least they drive on the wrong side of the road too.) :P
I was planning just that course of action, Lee (and not just for TSoM, of course). Sadly, your government doesn't believe I qualify for dual citizenship, so that aspiration's been put to rest, probably permanently.
That is, unless I can find some EU-based bloke who's looking for no-strings-attached matrimony... :| :roll: :cry: :evil: *Sigh*
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
zero01
Road Kill

MadameButterfly wrote:Oh don't worry ladies if he decides to do the countries he hasn't and needs a guide in S.A. I'll be happy enough to help out! As for the HL folk that I love I'll be able to show you all a safe route through the country and the ins-and-outs about what to look out for regarding safetly and poisonous creatures...elephants in S.A. are very friendly and are kept in game reserves and protected environment...

Hell we'll all be travelling together so no need to worry! :wink:

No but if TSOM wanted to gain a tour out of the ordinary and venture to new sights, new countries and fans there would be so grateful, it would work! Also the southern countries winters are very mild compared to those in europe!
Don't we just wish...I was hoping for it in 1992...never happened...'will I dream...' guess I'll keep hoping.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

It has been close at least once after 92;

Frontman Andrew Eldritch told LiveDaily, "We had the period set aside for a trip to South Africa, but that didn't work out, so we made ourselves open to offers. The U.K. was quickest to offer."

http://www.livedaily.com/news/1421.html

I wouldn't be the least surprised if they would make a detour to South Africa nowadays - if they can go to Brazil for a few dates they can go to SA. Apart from that, I think the problem was price-related last time, but nowadays the Sisters are obviously a cheaper band to get to your local festival.

Also, Japan shows were cancelled in 98, but IIRC that problem was worse, like demands regarding the setlists ("gretest hits") which I'm sure wouldn't work today either.
zero01
Road Kill

euphoria wrote:It has been close at least once after 92;

Frontman Andrew Eldritch told LiveDaily, "We had the period set aside for a trip to South Africa, but that didn't work out, so we made ourselves open to offers. The U.K. was quickest to offer."

http://www.livedaily.com/news/1421.html

I wouldn't be the least surprised if they would make a detour to South Africa nowadays - if they can go to Brazil for a few dates they can go to SA. Apart from that, I think the problem was price-related last time, but nowadays the Sisters are obviously a cheaper band to get to your local festival.

Also, Japan shows were cancelled in 98, but IIRC that problem was worse, like demands regarding the setlists ("gretest hits") which I'm sure wouldn't work today either.
Thanks, didn't know that...gives a bit of hope. Slightly more than the hope for the new album
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

zero01 wrote: Don't we just wish...I was hoping for it in 1992...never happened...'will I dream...' guess I'll keep hoping.
Howzit zero01 and welcome to HL! Keep hoping as sometimes things just happen!

euphoria ~ I don't know if this was the same time but TSOM were going to play in S.A. (when exactly in the past I'm not sure) but because one the sponsors, was it not Lucky Strike that pulled?

Oh well I always look forward to the future as who knows which road it will travel.... :wink:
that ongoing eternity
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote: I don't know if this was the same time but TSOM were going to play in S.A. (when exactly in the past I'm not sure) but because one the sponsors, was it not Lucky Strike that pulled?
I can recall that too, don't know if it was the same time, maybe earlier? I don't have any Dominion mails left pre-2001...
But my gut feeling tells me they will play SA before they quit for good!
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Eva wrote:
paint it black wrote:there appears to be a gap from 26th to 30th :wink:
I would have preferred the new soundman option.... :roll: :lol:

However, I like the idea of gigs on that side of the pond...

*Assuming* this rumour is true (ie they are playing gigs in the USA "this week"), I think the new soundman option is the only possibility. I don't see Jürgen rushing away from Sao Paolo to do a couple of shows with the Sisters and then rejoin his band in Europe less than a week after Sao Paolo. The 5-day break between Brazil and Germany is perfectly normal in a tour schedule...

I don't have a clue what's going on here :?

It doesn't make much sense to me unless Jürgen is out of the game and we're talking a real tour.

The reason I'm thinking much about this is the fact that I am going to the States anyway around these dates, but suddenly I'm not sure anymore WHICH dates I really should go. Hm.
zero01
Road Kill

MadameButterfly wrote: Howzit zero01 and welcome to HL! Keep hoping as sometimes things just happen!

euphoria ~ I don't know if this was the same time but TSOM were going to play in S.A. (when exactly in the past I'm not sure) but because one the sponsors, was it not Lucky Strike that pulled?

Oh well I always look forward to the future as who knows which road it will travel.... :wink:
Hi, thanks...
Yeah maybe I'll see them before I go grey...or just have to sell body parts and get a ticket to europe (and drag along the family) :lol: :eek:
Still night, nothing for miles...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

zero01 wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote: Howzit zero01 and welcome to HL! Keep hoping as sometimes things just happen!

Hi, thanks...
Yeah maybe I'll see them before I go grey...or just have to sell body parts and get a ticket to europe (and drag along the family) :lol: :eek:
:eek: Sell body parts?! :lol:
You see there is a reason for me living in europe. 8)
that ongoing eternity
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

the-happening wrote:Ben is also the guitarist with Claytown Troupe who were supposed to be playing the Camden Underworld on the 29th October, they are looking to move this gig forward by a week as Ben is "playing in the USA with the SISTERS"
Has anyone heard anything further about this? I missed them last time around :(, and it just so happens I'm not too far from one of their regular destinations.
Left at the dead badger.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

it would be typical if it just after i return home from nyc :roll: :lol:

its short notice for advertising even by their standards though...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

In Burgas Ben said he really didn't know whether that (Spirit of Burgas) was their last gig for 2008 or not. I reckon that gigs in the USA either were/are still just "an idea" or that it was a misunderstanding in the first place.
You can't fix stupid.
peartree_productions
Road Kill

the-happening wrote:Ben is also the guitarist with Claytown Troupe who were supposed to be playing the Camden Underworld on the 29th October, they are looking to move this gig forward by a week as Ben is "playing in the USA with the SISTERS"

Have a look here:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =415959074
Blog entry has been removed in the past day or two...
A.void
Road Kill

EvilBastard
Overbomber

Fcuking PORTLAND?! Fcuking SEATTLE?! :eek:

Who are they going to play to - a pod of whales and a couple of hipsters who got lost on the way to Starbucks?! There'd better be some east coast dates added (and $35 to see Les Girls is a p*ss-take - that's scarcely more than the cost of a ticket for the Academy gigs in 97), hardly seems worth making the trip.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Silver_Owl
The Don

:eek: I didn't think that would happen. :eek:
We'll have to suffice with a New Years Eve gig in Leeds then. :roll: ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Silver_Owl
The Don

EvilBastard wrote:Fcuking PORTLAND?! Fcuking SEATTLE?! :eek:

Who are they going to play to - a pod of whales and a couple of hipsters who got lost on the way to Starbucks?!
A.void presumably. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:Fcuking PORTLAND?! Fcuking SEATTLE?! :eek:

Who are they going to play to - a pod of whales and a couple of hipsters who got lost on the way to Starbucks?!
A.void presumably. :wink:
I'd not mind so much but I'll be out that way 3 weeks earlier and can't justify the additional trip having just this very afternoon booked my Easter hols in Qaddafi-Land. Timing is everything... :roll:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard, calm down ffs :lol:

Be happy instead - this is for me a clear indication that another major US tour is on its way. At least 20 dates, that's my guess. Otherwise they would never play both these cities. Remember also that Ben "should be busy" playing Sisters gigs in October...that the blog entry got removed has probably more to do with an annoyed Andrew than anything else.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Eva wrote:In Burgas Ben said he really didn't know whether that (Spirit of Burgas) was their last gig for 2008 or not. I reckon that gigs in the USA either were/are still just "an idea" or that it was a misunderstanding in the first place.
Well I have always had the impression the fans know more about tour schedules than Ben does - that was the case several times in 2006 at least.

Or he's just playing innocent :wink: