Heckler Response

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Spiggy's hat wrote:
kgw wrote:"listen you can get these songs the right way or you can get them the wrong way if you wait ten minutes you can get them the right way so i suggest you shut up for a while and talk amongst yourselves" rock city '84
I always assumed that that comment was from the promoter, or one of the crew, who came on stage during the 'technical problem'? It doesn't sound like von to me.
i've never been able to decide if that was somebody else or andrew's voice rising a couple of octaves from it's"stage" depth to his normal register. i must admit that recently i've thought it definitely wasn't von; perhaps mr marx?

other treasures from the same gig:

"one thing we've learned in our many years, is a right hand is a horrible thing to lose...i suggest you retract yours, my man."

"i'm not anorexic, i'm just compact."
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Spiggy's hat wrote:
kgw wrote:"listen you can get these songs the right way or you can get them the wrong way if you wait ten minutes you can get them the right way so i suggest you shut up for a while and talk amongst yourselves" rock city '84
I always assumed that that comment was from the promoter, or one of the crew, who came on stage during the 'technical problem'? It doesn't sound like von to me.
i've never been able to decide if that was somebody else or andrew's voice rising a couple of octaves from it's"stage" depth to his normal register. i must admit that recently i've thought it definitely wasn't von; perhaps mr marx?

"one thing we've learned in our many years, is a right hand is a horrible thing to lose...i suggest you retract yours, my man."

Twas Gary.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I just love the way he says, "I just know your gonna hate thisssss..." right before going into Whole World In His Hands at Reading.

Best heckler response for me, Smoke & Mirrors tour, London gig, just settling into I Was Wrong & Von shouts out very loud the classic... "SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!" Then looks over to Starling with a wry smile. 8)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

kgw wrote:
Spiggy's hat wrote:
it sounds like him on the recording - and i remember him saying it at the time, although it was a long time ago and of course memory can play tricks

yeah it's him... after the 4th attempt at Burn in the beginning of the gig if i remember well.. isn't it on the "carnage in colours" bootleg?

my fav "we are the light at the end of your sorry little tunnel"

and in mids of CN/SKOS during the longer solo (don't remember what gig) after he did an accapella and a whole lot of "boe-ing" came from the crowd:
"what do you think about that now children!"
crowd silence cause of immence guitar solo
"exactly!"

at another gig where the crowd is very unpleasing and loud
von: "don't make me go accapella on your ass" :notworthy:
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
andersja
Road Kill

its not andrew and its not marx... its craig
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Hildesheim (Mera Luna) 2002: Von's totally drunk and stumbles over a monitor. Roaring laughter from the audience. Von picks up his mic stand and throws it into the crowd saying "I've always wanted to do this" and probably "this is gonna hurt".
You can't fix stupid.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I still think "You fat b@stard!" at Reading in 91(?) when :von: came on stage stripped to the waist is the best heckle I've heard in a long time :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

"You're One Sick Puppy" - Nottingham 2000. Von was in a confrontational mood that night.
_emma_
Overbomber

Eva wrote:Hildesheim (Mera Luna) 2002: Von's totally drunk and stumbles over a monitor. Roaring laughter from the audience. Von picks up his mic stand and throws it into the crowd saying "I've always wanted to do this" and probably "this is gonna hurt".
Thank you for reminding me, I'm just listening to that gig now. :notworthy: Dominion. :lol: :notworthy: And Romeo Down :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: Oh how I love him when he stumbles over his monitors. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
christophe
Overbomber

I remember hearing something like this. (could be totally wrong, it was a long time ago)
“We got something special in store for you we got something extravagant in store for you, But this is Not it�Then starts playing Jolene. :D

Anyone know what show this is?
Another Shade of You.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

christophe wrote:Anyone know what show this is?
Brixton Academy, London, 10/6/1997 The Victorian Night bootleg cd ;D
in dub we trust
christophe
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
I have that (a copy that is :oops: :innocent: )
Another Shade of You.
eotunun
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
Wasn't that "We have a seriously grotsque thing for you"?
*Reaches for the CD* :oops: (T´was a bargain, really!)
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dark wrote:I personally wouldn't mind shouting for "Leave Me For Dead" :lol:
I will give you a million pounds if you ever do.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:
Done and done. I'll also be shouting for The Damage Done. ;D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dark wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Done and done. I'll also be shouting for The Damage Done. ;D
:notworthy: :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

"don't do acid and go out to merge with the traffic"
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
eastmidswhizzkid

the-happening wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Spiggy's hat wrote: I always assumed that that comment was from the promoter, or one of the crew, who came on stage during the 'technical problem'? It doesn't sound like von to me.

Twas Gary.
nice one. :notworthy:

Our Taylor is Rich
Road Kill

Not sure of the exact spelling (I can't find the tape so I can't check) but this happened in 1983 or 84 , in the Nederlands:
Anonymous: "Hey, I'm Scottish"
AE: "I know you're, it's all over your ass"

It's one of my favorites with "American people have no legs, they have too many cars" (Los Angeles 1985 (?) where people were not standing up)
eastmidswhizzkid

that's the trojan horse in den haag. and "it's written all over your bum" is the actual quote. :wink:

Our Taylor is Rich
Road Kill

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:that's the trojan horse in den haag. and "it's written all over your bum" is the actual quote. :wink:
thanxs ! I just had a vague souvenir of the sentence, the idea was here (but not Von's poetry)
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

the-happening wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote: ...the lady working @ paridiso comes over and sighs, "this is not an easy band!" :lol: :notworthy: 8) :von:
I think the lady worked at the Melkweg :!: :!:
Oh of course! Sorry my bad, it was Melkweg and not Paridiso! :oops:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

two for _emma_

Darien Lake 19 07 91

a the end of Dominion: 'yeah, i like standing under the rainbow.. so many colours in my head'

at the start of flood 'you like submission...yeah, you probably do' :twisted: ;D
Goths have feelings too
christophe
Overbomber

not that anyone besides me noticed but I'll never forget the look upon Von's face in Tilburg, when I whistled when he took his jacket off :lol: :innocent: :lol:
Another Shade of You.
_emma_
Overbomber

;D :D
Can't remember which gig it was, but I recall something like "now that they're gone, we can have sex" when the photographers left the space between the stage and the barrier after the first 2 or 3 songs of the gig. :)