Sisters live in Burgas, Bulgaria, Fri 15 August ?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
phyton
Road Kill

Here are some photos:
http://www.katehizis.com/ezine/photo/si ... .php?id=36

I'm not very good at remembering setlists so I hope someone else will post one.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

it seems that this one hasn´t been as good as Tienen

only new so far crap sound

waiting forward for news

EDIT: GREAT PICS :notworthy:
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Indeed lovely photos phyton & sukhoi ! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thank you and welcome to HL.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

If you use google tranlater you can read a review of the gig here:

http://www.katehizis.com/news/shNews.php?id=8474&

EDIT:

IF YOU USE GOOGLE TRANSLATER.YOU´LL READ THIS:

"Milostivite sisters" showed what then to a large group without excessive noise, and pompoznost claims. They appeared around 23:00 pm before the already sgastena aig, which is often otkroyavaha young girls and a gothic clothing and accessories. Among valma of coloured smoke from the spotlights singer Andrew Eldritch harizmatichnoto conquered the audience with his presence, izglezhdayki polustrogo, poluzakachlivo round behind his dark glasses. Guitarist Chris May as they were removed from industrial exhibition and the other strunnik group - Ben Christo navyavashe associations with Edward hands with scissors at the first two kinolenta. About an hour three musicians who are not currently on tour and have just a few festival performances, one of which is in Bulgaria, predstavyaha songs from different periods in his work. Because inevitably in such event the public has raznolika needed is a big hit that it razdvizhi and sploti. It came down to bisa when on the beach in Bourgas, in light of the almost full Moon zazvucha live eternal classic "The Temple of Love". This was also svoeobraznata culmination of the first day of the festival. Before giga of THE SISTERS OF MERCY as a leading TV / pop star Deo presented on stage mayor of Burgas and one of the youngest gradonachalnitsi in the country - Dimitar Nikolov, who promised that the Treaty will be "SPIRIT of Burgas". And whether it will become a temple and a celebration of music, any given application is to understand in the near future.
242headhunter
Amphetamine Filth

setlist? review?
pls!
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

so it is true. he does only have one set of clothes. not the best for the 'sexiest' man on the planet

the beach was good, the sea warm...and there was a surprise winner in the sandcastle competition ;D
Goths have feelings too
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

... and the fans got killed?
guns & cars & accidents
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

nae, just two bonus holes in the head
paul
Overbomber

dtsom wrote:interesting... :innocent: :innocent:

http://paper.standartnews.com/en/articl ... icle=24863

it was filmed!!!

... and the DVD is in the making :wink:
ff
Road Kill

dtsom wrote:If you use google tranlater you can read a review of the gig here:

http://www.katehizis.com/news/shNews.php?id=8474&

EDIT:

IF YOU USE GOOGLE TRANSLATER.YOU´LL READ THIS:

"Milostivite (mercy) sisters" showed what then to a large group without excessive noise, and pompoznost (maybe pompastic) claims. They appeared around 23:00 pm before the already sgastena aig ( maybe packed like sardines), which is often otkroyavaha ( i cant understand thi word .. maybe enclosed) young girls and a gothic clothing and accessories. Among valma of coloured smoke from the spotlights singer Andrew Eldritch harizmatichnoto (charismatic) conquered the audience with his presence, izglezhdayki polustrogo (maybe looking semi-strong), poluzakachlivo ( maybe semi-perdu(e) in russian "zakachivat" is take drugs or make muscle :) ) or round behind his dark glasses. Guitarist Chris May as they were removed from industrial exhibition and the other strunnik (guitarist) group - Ben Christo navyavashe (made assocations) associations with Edward hands with scissors at the first two kinolenta (cinema). About an hour three musicians who are not currently on tour and have just a few festival performances, one of which is in Bulgaria, predstavyaha (maybe make presentations) songs from different periods in his work. Because inevitably in such event the public has raznolika needed is a big hit that it razdvizhi ( maybe start moved) and sploti (made concentration). It came down to bisa when on the beach in Bourgas, in light of the almost full Moon zazvucha ( i think better wor should be start to play) live eternal classic "The Temple of Love". This was also svoeobraznata ( odd?) culmination of the first day of the festival. Before giga of THE SISTERS OF MERCY as a leading TV / pop star Deo presented on stage mayor of Burgas and one of the youngest gradonachalnitsi (intersting word for me ; maybe 'mayor') in the country - Dimitar Nikolov, who promised that the Treaty will be "SPIRIT of Burgas". And whether it will become a temple and a celebration of music, any given application is to understand in the near future.
Better for me read this article in Bulgiarian :)
Last edited by ff on 17 Aug 2008, 21:38, edited 2 times in total.
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Better for me read this article in Bulgiarian
Can you translate it for us?
_emma_
Overbomber

Hello. :D :D :D
Just got back home. :D :D :D
No, I don't remember the setlist. All I remember is warm sea, view of the harbour, various lovely Bulgarian and Romanian people who love The Sisters very much and have pretty good knowlegde about them, and also speak proper English but - surprise surprise - have no clue what Myheartland is. :eek: :lol: I also remember the stage facing the sea, the scrap of sand for the audience being just a minor obstacle between them. 8) What else? Oh yes, AE in very good mood, if some of you thought he was "in good mood" and "interacting with the crowd" in Tienen, then you would change your mind after Burgas I tell you. :D What he had in his bottle was red this time, and he smoked one cigarrette at the last song which was - I think - TOL.
When I was there, a small tornado went through my village and destroyed plenty of houses and woods nearby. It was a big thing, covered in the news for the whole Poland. Oh, and my boss died last night. All and all - a very, very, very memorable date. There was something in the air, so much good energy on one side that it just had to have an outlet as bad energy on the other side. :wink: :?
Apprently, the sound was crap, but I didn't notice that.
Sorry to all the people to whom I didn't say goodbye, I was just so overwhelmed that I had to sit by the sea for 5 minutes after the gig, and then when I came back you'd been gone. I got lost and spent 2 hours walking down the small streets of Burgas, met plenty of stray cats and dogs there.
Ben is my hero. :notworthy: :wink:
Andrew would be the sexiest man on the planet even if he performed in sackcloth. :P
The sea told me that it loved the gig very much.
:kiss:
Now I have to unpack, more later (or not).
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for sharing your experiences Emma! :notworthy:

Nice read! (except for the boss part ofcourse... :| )
"as we walk on the floodland"
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Thank's for the report - did they play "good things" or another replacement suurprise? Just read the news regarding the storm - hope there's no major damage at your home at least.
_emma_
Overbomber

My house is intact, thank you.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Hello people, we just got back home, and I really didn't have the nerves to try and find an internet cafe in Burgas let alone spend any time in one. However, here is "what Eva has to say":
- Setlist identical to Porto 2008
- Burgas is very hot in the summer!!!
- "only" the second crappiest sound ever: Greenfield 2006 is still the leader, but Burgas comes close. The problem: Huge bass speakers on the sand just in front of the stage, facing a barrier which wasn't the usual "fence-like" thing, but solid metal. J.J. either is totally deaf or has done the soundcheck with headphones, cause otherwise he would have heard that there was a bass overkill, as the metal barrier happily vibrated along Dr Avalanche's drumming. And no, it wasn't the festival's equipment, cause the band playing before The Sisters were mixed perfectly well. On my recording it sounds as if The Sisters had a live drummer, and a bad one at that... :roll: No, it doesn't sound good. But never mind... :D

Gig was absolutely ace, great atmosphere in the audience, band in a splendid mood, Von's voice on top form, and the best location for a Sisters gig I've ever seen!!! (it really deserves three exclamation marks). Ok, I have missed Belga Beach 1993. Black Sea in our back, Sisters rocking away in front of us - awesome!!!

Hello to everybody we've met, known and unknown, :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: to the audience, who really knew what The Sisters are about, they knew the songs, and had as much fun as we had. Totally different atmosphere compared to Porto. As if Bulgaria and the people from Romania, Greece and wherever they came from were far more ready for this experience than people in Portugal or Italy are. No offence meant, just the atmosphere was far better here.

Bulgaria, or Burgas as we (Eggi and I) haven't seen any other part of the country yet, deserves a chapter of its own in this review, but I'm tired. I loved the town and the people and the cats and the food. But I really, really have to learn the alphabet and some basic Russian to be at least a tiny bit prepared for the languages in middle and eastern Europe. It is so embarrassing visiting a country were you totally depend on the locals speaking English or German. Some of them did, but I felt like a total idiot trying to figure out what dishes a restaurant serves and finding myself pointing on pictures in the end... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bottom line: I want more Sisters gigs in the center-to-eastern parts of Europe... 8)
Last edited by Eva on 17 Aug 2008, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
You can't fix stupid.
Christian

Danke, Eva.

Finally a proper review. :notworthy:

You are right with festivals in Eastern Europe btw. I wouldn't mind seeing the Sisters play the Sziget festival in Budapest for instance... Anybody knowing how to contact the organiser?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Thanx for the reviews, girls :notworthy:
in dub we trust
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Two most dependable reviewers have said their words :) Nice to hear...just too bad that one can't expect a great recording.. :/
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Eggi1

it was filmed!!!
not from MTV!
266 GIGS
34 COUNTRIES
over 200.000 MILES

and i want more ...

Baltimore
Philadelphia
New York City
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Eggi1 wrote:

it was filmed!!!
not from MTV!
A PITY, GLAD YOU ENJOYED THERE EGGI

how can be the soundman so INCOMPETENT :twisted: :twisted: ??

WHAT A PUNISH WHIT THIS MAN :evil:
Eva

itnAklipse wrote:...just too bad that one can't expect a great recording.. :/
It is unlistenable, to be honest. I'm waiting for the second source, maybe he was more lucky: recorder at the back of the crowd, lying in the sand... But hey, even if they both are crap, they still exist. For the completists... :wink: :lol:

@Diego: I'm seriously thinking about sending him a message on MySpace, just to ask for an explanation. But I'll probably get ignored... :urff:
You can't fix stupid.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

@Diego: I'm seriously thinking about sending him a message on MySpace, just to ask for an explanation. But I'll probably get ignored...
DO IT!! I CAN´T BECAUSE I DON´T HAVE MYSPACE BUT IF I HAD OF COURSE I WOULD
Eva

Christian wrote:Danke, Eva.

Finally a proper review. :notworthy:
Danke schön, gern geschehen. :wink:
Christian wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing the Sisters play the Sziget festival in Budapest for instance... Anybody knowing how to contact the organiser?
That'd be an excellent place indeed although I'm not particularly fond of Budapest... 8)
You can't fix stupid.