Iron Maiden

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Iron Maiden Assen(NL) 16 august.

Bloody brilliant. (I'm not even a big fan).

Maybe other ageing rockstars (pushing 50) coull take 'enthousiasm' lessons from them.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

I saw them live in South Africa many many moons ago!

They were fooking ace on stage and I'm not a fan either. :)
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
hallucienate
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:I've seen them live in South Africa many many moons ago!

They were fooking ace on stage and I'm not a fan either. :)
But those gigs were with the wrong lead singer. Great fun anyway.

They played in Sweden two days after I got there, but my girlfriend, not being a fan, didn't bother getting tickets or even telling me and by the time I got there they were sold out :(
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Saw them in Leuven (BE) a couple of years ago. Brilliant show!
"as we walk on the floodland"
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

i hate Iron Maiden. And i've noticed in the past year how hard they push their cds on special racks in stores.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i was a fan of them and other heavy mental music - now i can't stand this , can't enjoy it so so poor of everything,lack space and a bit silence between.
Last edited by Bartek on 18 Aug 2008, 11:27, edited 2 times in total.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

itnAklipse wrote:i hate Iron Maiden. And i've noticed in the past year how hard they push their cds on special racks in stores.
That's because they don't fit
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

weebleswobble wrote:
itnAklipse wrote:i hate Iron Maiden. And i've noticed in the past year how hard they push their cds on special racks in stores.
That's because they don't fit
And go! ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
mh
Above the Chemist

I thought, and still think, that the first 2 LPs (with Paul DiAnno on vocals) were superb, really tough street/punk/metal with few frills.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

mh wrote:I thought, and still think, that the first 2 LPs (with Paul DiAnno on vocals) were superb, really tough street/punk/metal with few frills.
Yes, but what size are they?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

weebleswobble wrote:
mh wrote:I thought, and still think, that the first 2 LPs (with Paul DiAnno on vocals) were superb, really tough street/punk/metal with few frills.
During the DiAnno era, a bit smaller than during the Dickinson era.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Nic
Slight Overbomber

hallucienate wrote: They played in Sweden two days after I got there, but my girlfriend, not being a fan, didn't bother getting tickets or even telling me and by the time I got there they were sold out :(
So how was your stay in Sweden?
Did you find any records or books?

Sorry in advance for the slight hijacking. :D
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
GC
Slight Overbomber

Hate is quite a word for something so unimportant.

On a lighter note the support was f**king s**t (but I would n't hold it against them).

Lauren Harris - buttock clenchingly embarissing over the top rock n roll cliche.
Kamelot - yawn
Within Temptation - Nice voice, lovely looking, just not my cup of tea.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Nic wrote:
hallucienate wrote: They played in Sweden two days after I got there, but my girlfriend, not being a fan, didn't bother getting tickets or even telling me and by the time I got there they were sold out :(

It was fantastic, thanks. I think I arrived just in time for the best weather. Stockholm is a really nice city, followed by a relaxing week in north of the Archipelago and a few days in Gotland. If found some music shops on Sodermalm and another one on Drottninggatan (that was full of Iron Maiden stuff). I've still got packets of Bilar to get through :) I really can't wait to go back - hopefully next summer if I can afford it and have enough leave.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:
Probably about 12" in diameter?
Nic
Slight Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:
Nic wrote:

It was fantastic, thanks. I think I arrived just in time for the best weather. Stockholm is a really nice city, followed by a relaxing week in north of the Archipelago and a few days in Gotland. If found some music shops on Sodermalm and another one on Drottninggatan (that was full of Iron Maiden stuff). I've still got packets of Bilar to get through :) I really can't wait to go back - hopefully next summer if I can afford it and have enough leave.
Sounds like you had a great time. :notworthy: :D
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything