Its full of old broken stuff...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Debaser
Overbomber

is Rome. AND its bloody hot AND I cant find the apostrophe on this Johnny Foreigner keyboard but hey ho.

Everything is blimmin marvellous. Pisa for two days - its only worth an afternoon........then on to Siena for 4 days which was truly sensational. The Palio is something else and if I recommend anything to you its go to Siena for the week of this (Aug or July you choose) The contrade loyalty is spectacular to behold - for days they saunter round the streets in clumps singing songs about their horse and how they are going to anhilate their opponents - the songs do sound the same and Id hum it to you if I could find the hum button.... The mother of all storms on Friday night did nothing to dampen the festivities even when a particularly frisky bit of lightening cut out the power to the area we happened to be in - grown men were hiding under tables as, apparently, it never storms here :roll:

The day of the race? Horses go off to church and get blessed and more drums are banged, more songs are sung and then you trot off to the campo and take your seat 5 hours before the race starts. Loads more singing and medieval pagentry flags a tossed and drums a banged. The race finally starts and its over within 90 seconds! Was it worth not being allowed out of your seat? TOO DAMNED RIGHT!!!!

Now in Rome which is fecking warm to put it mildly. Off to see Popie (whos in tomorrow) and those soldiers in pyjamas.

Back to Blighty on Fri.

Big hugs to Blast, who it seems, had a blimmin fabulous time at his party

Love ness
xxx

Photos when we get back.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
mh
Above the Chemist

Yayyy! :notworthy:

I was there two years ago and had a fantastic time, sounds like you're doing the same. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Lucky b@stards, you lot. :P
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

Solid Gold Ness! and you are having it major in the land of vino, it seems. Don't worry, school starts soon... ;D
Last edited by James Blast on 20 Aug 2008, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Rome :notworthy: Fantastic place, even if it is half a dump-yard. Apologies to our Italian allies!

Lovely place, and I'll go back one day.

Enjoy it Ness! ;D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

rome is lovely, particularly the area around trastevere :notworthy: 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Hexe Luciferia
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

timsinister wrote:Rome :notworthy: Fantastic place, even if it is half a dump-yard.
As an Italian I can say it: it's three quarter of a dump-yard, not simply an half :wink:

@Quiff: Trastevere is really a nice area, especially by night, lots of people, lots of bars and pubs...last time I was there I wanted to stay forever, then I remembered how is Rome during the day and I said to myself: "better not!" :wink:
I'll shove that bat up your a** and turn you into a popsicle
Pista
Cureboi

I was in Rome with Marco & his lovely wife & he proudly stated "Rome is full of old stuff"

:lol: :notworthy:

I loved the place & also had the best donner kebab in the world there.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:notworthy: :notworthy: Rome!

At first I read the title of this thread and thought oh dear...

...but Ness waiting for your photos! And don't worry about James Blast...
ENJOY the rest of your holibobs and just relax as far as a holiday with things that are broken are concerned! :D

Safe travels home later!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
psichonaut
Overbomber

Pista wrote:I was in Rome with Marco & his lovely wife & he proudly stated "Rome is full of old stuff"

:lol: :.
blessed words :lol: :lol:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him