Were the Apollo Moon landings a hoax?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I don't think so, but would anyone like to have at it?

My contention number one: The Moon landings were during the cold war, if the USSR had had the slightest suspicion that the USA had faked it, don't you think they would have said something? It would have been a magnificent PR coup to have caught the USA in such a hoax.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, i've believed them to be lies for a long time. NASA is a black hole for money going to black ops (and/or for channeling money to a little pseudo-country in the middle-east).
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

The truth is...errr... in there

File under:

- Circles, Crop
- Roswell, crashing of UFO in
- Foot, Hairy Big-

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

No.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

No, they weren't a hoax.

Conspiracy theorists always amuse me - they seem to believe they're important enough for the government to spend millions of dollars/pounds to lie to. Sorry, you're just not that important in the eyes of the government.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Conspiracy theories have been and always will be around.
Most of them are very ridiculous. So is this one... :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Do not fcuking start me on conspiracy theories!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I am a skeptic sorry, if that wasn't clear :lol: :oops: . The X-Files has a lot to answer for. That and the human wish to find meaning in every little bloody thing, not to mention have the smug superior feeling of being privy to some secret knowledge that The Masses are unaware of... ach, I won't go on. Suffice to say, I think 99% are unfounded bollox and say more about human nature than they do about any kind of factual reality.
Hexe Luciferia
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

boudicca wrote:I am a skeptic sorry, if that wasn't clear :lol: :oops: . The X-Files has a lot to answer for. That and the human wish to find meaning in every little bloody thing, not to mention have the smug superior feeling of being privy to some secret knowledge that The Masses are unaware of... ach, I won't go on. Suffice to say, I think 99% are unfounded bollox and say more about human nature than they do about any kind of factual reality.
:notworthy: :notworthy:
I'll shove that bat up your a** and turn you into a popsicle
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

old news/very old conspiracy theory
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:The X-Files has a lot to answer for.
's Far as I know, the X-Files never contested the Apollo moon landings, Claire. ;D The movie Capricorn One, on the other hand, is all about faking a manned Mars expedition...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

That's very true, Raf :wink: ... I was just referring more to the general "we are being deceived by great shadowy powers" thing.

There's a pretty good Wiki entry on all this business...
valeryg
Road Kill

just found another one :) about Michael Phelps 100 m Butterfly win:

:eek: http://100thofasecond.com/ :eek:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If Michael Phelps was a country, he'd have finished 10th in the medals table.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Do you know he can't actually swim, it was all done with holograms by MI5! :eek:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Anyhoo,

Labelling an idea "conspiracy theory" doesn't automatically mean that the idea is false; Raf's Wiki link mentions several real conspiracies that are historically documented.
—Bertrand Russell
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:That's very true, Raf :wink: ... I was just referring more to the general "we are being deceived by great shadowy powers" thing.

There's a pretty good Wiki entry on all this business...
I know, but sometimes I like to tease you. ;) Of course we're being deceived by great powers, but they do it quite openly... :evil: ;D
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Raf's Wiki link mentions several real conspiracies that are historically documented.
I don't deserve that credit, as Claire posted that linky, Meerkat Man... ;)
boudicca
Sister Midnight

markfiend wrote:Anyhoo,

Labelling an idea "conspiracy theory" doesn't automatically mean that the idea is false; Raf's Wiki link mentions several real conspiracies that are historically documented.
Oi, that was MY linky! :P :wink:

You are of course correct - conspiracies can and do exist, I just think one ought to be very cautious about making the logical leap from acknowledging something exists to seeing it everywhere.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:oops:

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

:oops:
—Bertrand Russell
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Someone's conspiring to rob Claire of her link posting credentials, methinks... ;D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If there was a real conspiracy I'd use my mod powers to erase the evidence. :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ahráyeph wrote:Someone's conspiring to rob Claire of her link posting credentials, methinks... ;D
It's that bloody Stone-Cutters Society, they've had it in for me since God knows when... :lol:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Well, if your middle name happens to be Homer, you know there's no Homers (plural) allowed... ;D

(On a side note, I think that also counts for Nomers :lol: )