Heartland circa 2002

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Look what I found, pity none of the links work

http://web.archive.org/web/200208272227 ... rum=1&8932
James Blast
Banned

that Quiff Boy bloke used to start an awful lot of topics, what ever became of him? :innocent:

it was sans Red Sunsets, n'aw :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Can't see a topic 'new cd out!' so it's not THAT old really ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i miss rian...
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:o 8) :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Ah, the pleasures of archive.org. That's another afternoon of work not done for many. They'll be trying googlism next.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

We do look better now.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

MadameButterfly wrote:We do look better now.
:notworthy: Didn't want to be the one to say it, but yes we do :wink:

In spite of the occasional whinger that "it's not like it was in the old days". :roll: Oh yes, it were all fields round here when you were a lad.

We all know each other now rather than just hiding behind our little computer screens and the HL beast grows and flourishes :D

Move with the times! HL has proved itself, we don't have a constant turnover of members as so many forums do, folk stick around because it is, when all's said and done, where it's at.

8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

debs, you mean the members, or what you see on the screen?
mh
Above the Chemist

boudicca wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:We do look better now.
:notworthy: Didn't want to be the one to say it, but yes we do :wink:

In spite of the occasional whinger that "it's not like it was in the old days". :roll: Oh yes, it were all fields round here when you were a lad.

We all know each other now rather than just hiding behind our little computer screens and the HL beast grows and flourishes :D

Move with the times! HL has proved itself, we don't have a constant turnover of members as so many forums do, folk stick around because it is, when all's said and done, where it's at.

8)
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Everything she said. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

HL ain't just a forum, it's a friendship thing that just happens to have a forum involved somewhere.

Big shout out to Quiffy and the mods (past and present) for creating this multi-legged wee beastie, I think. 8)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

mh wrote:Big shout out to Quiffy and the mods (past and present) for creating this multi-legged wee beastie, I think. 8)
The HL Millepede! :lol:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

ems, what you see on the screen...
most of the members then are still now except for one or two maybe.

now it's more professional from a viewing point and once i'm logged in...like heaven on earth so dark!

:notworthy:
Yes indeed it is also because our little community actually goes out into the wide world out there and meet each other and touch and things...

HL folk are those of alien nature but we all get each other even after much explanation of what we mean and are unable to type sometimes..hee, but yeah, it's the real life feeling when we all want to be together and have to do with fine old internetty!

But with you folk, it's a strap-on of safety belts cos we get involved now don't we?! :twisted: And it's not mad to say
"I'm off to go and meet people I know from the internet, from a forum for a certain band" because it's true.
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

MadameButterfly wrote:HL folk are those of alien nature but we all get each other even after much explanation of what we mean and are unable to type sometimes..hee, but yeah, it's the real life feeling when we all want to be together and have to do with fine old internetty!
you might want to try explaining that to one or two members Debs
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:HL folk are those of alien nature but we all get each other even after much explanation of what we mean and are unable to type sometimes..hee, but yeah, it's the real life feeling when we all want to be together and have to do with fine old internetty!
you might want to try explaining that to one or two members Debs
Are you one or two? I know you need two but hey.

And for the record, I don't have that t-shirt that says...
"f**k me and log into heartland" :wink:
Last edited by MadameButterfly on 27 Aug 2008, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
that ongoing eternity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

sometimes debs needs to explain 90% of what she's written!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

it's deblish! :lol: it's okay my mind understands it sometimes.
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

MadameButterfly wrote:And it's not mad to say
"I'm off to go and meet people I know from the internet, from a forum for a certain band" because it's true.
Try telling that to the people I work beside :oops:
A real conversation between me and my line manager -

"Can I get off pretty sharp today once the sales people go please Sharon? It's just I'm going out tonight".

"Oh yeah - where?"

"Belgium" :lol:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

boudicca wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:And it's not mad to say
Try telling that to the people I work beside :oops:
A real conversation between me and my line manager -

"Can I get off pretty sharp today once the sales people go please Sharon? It's just I'm going out tonight".

"Oh yeah - where?"

"Belgium" :lol:
;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

classic HL!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

only, it's only HL that understands! :lol:

but we still get away with it! ;D
that ongoing eternity
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

MadameButterfly wrote:only, it's only HL that understands! :lol:

no, it's pretty much the same for any music forum and you're seriously deluded if you believe otherwise...there are always people who mistake the internet for a social life and other forum members for friends: see for example: the nephilim/mbv/jesus and marychain effect :lol: :lol:

i believe we look better now than in the old days because there was a policy [thank you Quiff :notworthy: ] to consider the vast majority who were loading from 56K, plus of course DB improvements et al. 8) :wink:
Goths have feelings too
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

paint it black wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:only, it's only HL that understands! :lol:

no, it's pretty much the same for any music forum and you're seriously deluded if you believe otherwise...there are always people who mistake the internet for a social life and other forum members for friends: see for example: the nephilim/mbv/jesus and marychain effect :lol: :lol:

i believe we look better now than in the old days because there was a policy [thank you Quiff :notworthy: ] to consider the vast majority who were loading from 56K, plus of course DB improvements et al. 8) :wink:
awww PiB i'm not deluded in believing otherwise. it's just in this day and age where the internet is the foundation of social lives where going to a gig is not just that anymore but also the seeing of forum members and those that are friends. see i read the concept of what our band was to what it should be and everything in between. but in the end it is the gatherings of people in for a top nite out.

yeah the old days....still we have advanced since then and you blokes are still around too. :wink:

and now as ever before all hail to QB! :notworthy:
that ongoing eternity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

awww, you kids :lol: :oops:

it wouldn't be anything without you lot. just another in a long line of abandoned message boards littering the interweb...

"If you build it, they will come!" :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
boudicca
Sister Midnight

paint it black wrote:there are always people who mistake the internet for a social life and other forum members for friends:
Well, thanks or putting us straight on that one! :roll:

Here was me thinking the people I have shared literally hundreds of days and nights with over the past few years - not "online" but in my home, in their homes, out on countless different towns having some of the greatest fun of our lives, by each others' sides in moments of great joy and terrible sadness - here I was walking around calling them my friends!

You speak for yourself, Ez. Your attitude to this place and your relation to people on it is not shared by all.
James Blast
Banned

sic 'em Claire! :lol:
~ Peter Steele