Heartland circa 2002

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
mh
Above the Chemist

I'll add a general "pshaw!", but will acknowledge that of course it's different for everybody. Me, I've met some truly and genuinely great folks through here, and while it goes without saying that none of us (except those fortunate enough to be in close geographical proximity) can really know each other, one thing that's come across so strong is how much we all like each other. If that's enough of a definition of the word "friend", I for one am happy to run with it, and grateful that my life (and yeah, I do have one outside of HL) is better and richer for it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:sic 'em Claire! :lol:
Aye, that's the edited version!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

mh wrote:I'll add a general "pshaw!"
well I want to add "harrumph"
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
psichonaut
Overbomber

mh wrote:.....and yeah, I do have one outside of HL
Sure? :innocent: ;D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:
mh wrote:I'll add a general "pshaw!"
well I want to add "harrumph"
And furthermore, pfft!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

boudicca wrote:
paint it black wrote:there are always people who mistake the internet for a social life and other forum members for friends:
Well, thanks or putting us straight on that one! :roll:

Here was me thinking the people I have shared literally hundreds of days and nights with over the past few years - not "online" but in my home, in their homes, out on countless different towns having some of the greatest fun of our lives, by each others' sides in moments of great joy and terrible sadness - here I was walking around calling them my friends!

You speak for yourself, Ez. Your attitude to this place and your relation to people on it is not shared by all.
:notworthy: :notworthy:

very touching :cry: Who knows, at this rate, some of you may even find lasting love through it :D

if you actually read what was written, I was doubting the uniqueness of 'the effect' not the sentiment behind it.

My friends, whom I've spent literally hours with, like to put Japanese fighting fish in the same tank and then watch them rip themselves apart, just to prove a scientific postulate :lol: :lol:

Indeed I await the first HL passing with anticipation. Bet that one will run and run ;D
Last edited by paint it black on 28 Aug 2008, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
Goths have feelings too
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I'll add a 'broffffmm' as well. ;D

I am, or have been, a member of a dozen music-related fora, half of them Belgium-based.

Never, on any forum, have I seen people traveling hundreds of kilometres to see a band and to meet up with the band's fans.

What strikes me as most peculiar tho, is the fact that these travelers really try to be on location THE DAY BEFORE the gig, which costs a lot more money, simply to hook up with the other fans and have a nice evening at some or other bar or pub.

Has nowt to do with the Sisters. Sisters is what brought us here.

Sisters ain't what's keeping us here :roll:

The HL effect exists.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Debaser
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I'll add a 'broffffmm' as well. ;D

Never, on any forum, have I seen people traveling hundreds of kilometres to see a band and to meet up with the band's fans.

IZ.
ALL the 6 forums I frequent daily do exactly that and I'm not convinced that the ones I only snoop in on don't do it.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Debaser wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I'll add a 'broffffmm' as well. ;D

IZ.
ALL the 6 forums I frequent daily do exactly that and I'm not convinced that the ones I only snoop in on don't do it.
aye. while that aspect of 'community' is not the main reason a band/fan forum exists, i think they are missing a trick and doing something wring if they don't get that kind of thing going on.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mh
Above the Chemist

I'm also on the Spiritualized forum, and I must say that there is nowhere near the good vibe there that you get on HL. There's a lot of snobbish elitism, and the occasional goshbite bragging about how many drugs they took the other day (par for the course with a band like Spiritualized one must admit).

So "yayyy" for HL! :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Izzy HaveMercy

mh wrote:I'm also on the Spiritualized forum, and I must say that there is nowhere near the good vibe there that you get on HL. There's a lot of snobbish elitism, and the occasional goshbite bragging about how many drugs they took the other day (par for the course with a band like Spiritualized one must admit).

My sentiments exactly. The other forums I frequent have that same elitist snobbism.

The others are just gearsluts bragging with their vintage synths they own :twisted:

IZ.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:The others are just gearsluts bragging with their vintage synths they own :twisted:

IZ.
No two guesses about what other forums you're a member of then... :twisted: ;D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mh wrote:the occasional goshbite bragging about how many drugs they took the other day
Of course you never get that on HL. Image
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:The others are just gearsluts bragging with their vintage synths they own :twisted:

IZ.
No two guesses about what other forums you're a member of then... :twisted: ;D
I'll spare you ;D

IZ.
Debaser
Overbomber

mh wrote:and the occasional goshbite bragging about how many drugs they took the other day (par for the course with a band like Spiritualized one must admit).

"yayyy" indeedy

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=17352 :innocent: :lol: :lol:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else