Were the Apollo Moon landings a hoax?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Well...

That particular photo didn't show up until 13 years after it was allegedly taken.

I've also seen photographs of this type deliberately faked using the following method:

Take a sheet of dark blue paper with a triangle of black paper glued on it.
Pierce small holes at each corner of the black triangle, and one in the centre, going through both layers.
Hold up between photographer and a bright light source.
Wobble slightly.
Take long-exposure unfocussed picture.

The results are almost indistinguishable from the photo you link to.
These are indeed the bane of my life with regards to the validity of genuine UFO pictures/ movies. And sadly with so much 'software' at people's disposal these days - virtually anyone with a bit of computer savvy can now be a budding El Speilbergo. I've even stuff on YouTube that has made it's way on to main stream news only for it to be dubunked and proved false by the hoaxers themselves. For years the Gulf Breeze photos had many fooled until some one recreated them in his loft! They did look like lamp shades though!!

Photoshop and Video editing suites are my worst enemy and yet my best friend these days when it comes to UFO's. But when people en mass ,including the Air Force, the towns mayor,(finally) and thousands of people including multiple angles of camcorder footage show something over a mile wide hovering over a major city in Arizona and they are proven NOT to be flares - Then I begin to regain my faith that 'We are not quite alone in this Universe ' - For now. :D
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
James Blast
Banned

and it was taken by a Belgian

game over ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ramone

James Blast wrote:and it was taken by a Belgian

game over ;D
I'm not sure which shocked me the most, A Belgian owning a camera that didn't require a man standing under a blanket whilst holding an exploding device or that he didn't accidentally expose 24 close up photographs of his face whilst blinding himself incessantly ! :eek:

Belgium, it's like a poor man's France. Much the way the Wales is to England I suppose :roll:
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
moses

Ramone wrote:........ Much the way the Wales is to England I suppose :roll:
:evil: up yer arse!!
James Blast
Banned

give Ramone a kickin' lads
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
moses

James Blast wrote:give Ramone a kickin' lads
I'm not into violence or racism but if he comes to Wales spouting that kind of s**t he will be lynched in the same way as they lynch the monkey in Middlesbrough! What kind of creature bore you.................
James Blast
Banned

it was aimed at our strong Belgian membership also I had no intention of starting a range war :|
~ Peter Steele
moses

James Blast wrote:it was aimed at our strong Belgian membership also I had no intention of starting a range war :|
Don't worry I'm not really bothered by such statements by the Saxon invaders and their confused pseudo nation. :)
Big Si
School Bully

moses wrote: as they lynch the monkey in Middlesbrough!
Hartlepool.....close but no cigar this time :wink:

Middlesbrough is just f***ing grim :|

Ramone is also just being tongue in cheek, he's a guid lad really (for a scouser :innocent: ) ;D :lol:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
moses

Big Si wrote:

Ramone is also just being tongue in cheek, he's a guid lad really (for a scouser :innocent: ) ;D :lol:
I'm sure he is (for a scouser). But are you sure that was his tongue in his cheek?
Big Si
School Bully

moses wrote:
Big Si wrote:

I'm sure he is (for a scouser). But are you sure that was his tongue in his cheek?
1 potentially bad post out of 448 :wink: tells me he's a guid lad. Ye can tell when someone is being totally out of order as we all gang up on them :D if you do feel strongly about what he's said then send him a PM!
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Ramone likes to wind people up but it's all in jest. I don't think he'd ever be nasty but he doesn't mind shocking. He's much worse over at the Mish forum. We usually kill him as brutally as possible but he keeps coming back. I'd advise giving as good as you get.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
moses

Big Si wrote:
moses wrote:
Big Si wrote: Hartlepool.....close but no cigar this time :wink:

1 potentially bad post out of 448 :wink: tells me he's a guid lad. Ye can tell when someone is being totally out of order as we all gang up on them :D if you do feel strongly about what he's said then send him a PM!
:wink: I was just giving something back :D
Ramone

What..did some one mention my name then ? :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Calm down lads. :lol:

And no, that wasn't meant to be Harry Enfield's scousers. :urff:

Interesting factoid: 'Wales' and 'Welsh' originate from the Germanic word Walha, meaning "foreigner". Clicky.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
moses

Wales is the home to the remains of the ancient Britons forced out by the invading Germanic Hoards. The invasion of the Saxons and the conflict between Celts (Britons) and Saxons - The tyrant Vortigern invited Saxon mercenaries to support him, in approximately 450 CE.

Hence the imagery of Red (Britons)and White (Saxons) Dragons is used often to indicate conflict, transformation, and the subtle energies of the Land working through People.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Aye, I suspect I have a deal of Celtic blood myself, (the wild-eyed romantic in me :lol:) although my surname is thoroughly Anglo-Saxon.

What have the Romans ever done for us? ;)
—Bertrand Russell
moses

markfiend wrote:
Not a lot. Most of the stuff that is attributed to them already existed.
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:...although my surname is thoroughly Anglo-Saxon.
Fiend is of Anglo-Saxon origin? :? :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Actually yes :lol: from Old English fēond, enemy. Clicky

But my real name is too.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:Actually yes :lol: from Old English fēond, enemy. Clicky

But my real name is too.
Sh1t. That backfired didn't it? :oops: :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hom_Corleone wrote:
markfiend wrote:Actually yes :lol: from Old English fēond, enemy. Clicky

But my real name is too.
Sh1t. That backfired didn't it? :oops: :lol:
;D :P
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

markfiend wrote:although my surname is thoroughly Anglo-Saxon.
'Fiend'? Definitely! :lol:

EDIT: really need to read ALL posts afore answering ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Silver_Owl
The Don

Their creation of the floorboard was indeed their finest moment. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.