Teenage kicks

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Francis
Overbomber

What did you lie on your bed listening to while you weren't getting them?

Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell for me.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Francis wrote:What did you lie on your bed listening to while you weren't getting them?

Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell for me.
Oddly, that one does quite the opposite for me. It was one of my downstairs neighbour's favourite tracks for stopping and starting repeatedly whilst entertaining her drunk friends at 3am on a Monday morning. If it wasn't Meatloaf, it was usually Celine Dion, which is an even greater turn-off :evil:

As for the original question, I'm not telling :)
Francis
Overbomber

Entertaining her drunk friends was exactly what I was thinking about whilst listening to Meatloaf. :lol:

Currently listening to Wind & Wuthering - Her Own Special Way.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
eotunun
Overbomber

Floodland and Script for a Jester's Tear. Misplaced Childhood. Seventeen Seconds.
Cripes I still listen to them. Nothing's Changed, hm?
Oh, that as well.
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

eotunun wrote:Seventeen Seconds
Is that all it took? :lol:

I think I better go to sleep now.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

The smooth sounds of a-Ha and Dire Straits comprised the soundtrack to my youth, with an occasional foray into the realm of Johnny Cash (it wasn't until much, much later that I realised that my mum was a huge fan of his and has most of his albums on vinyl. Mums are cool* :) ). Otherwise I was listening to old comedy records - the Goons, Shelley Berman, Tom Lehrer, and Gerard Hoffnung.

* Dads on the other hand are not cool. Mine had the biggest collection of tijuana-themed records ever, that sported on their covers pictures of 1950s-era corporate-bevel-gear type men wearing plaid Bermuda shorts standing around on suburban sub-division lawns while in the background their wives (wearing the kinds of sunglasses that Dame Edna would consider excessive) smiled the kind of grins that you normally associate with strychnine poisoning. The men were engaged in manly activities, often barbecuing, sometimes pipe-smoking, and looked like they were having a fine old time listening to the mexican stylings of whatever the record contained. Tijuana Christmas is an especially heinous example of the genre - your favourite carols set to very bad mariachi. I've always thought that whoever wrote The Little Drummer Boy should be shot at dawn and buried quietly in an unmarked grave. The person who recorded the mariachi version should be publicly executed in a hanging, drawing, and quartering event screened live on pay-per-view, his body disposed of in a pit containing quicklime, his entire family banished beyond the sight of decent men, and anyone who he's ever known or associated with be forced to wear a huge sign when out in public bearing the legend, "I knew the man who recorded the mariachi version of The Little Drummer Boy, and I'm very, very sorry."
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Patti82
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote:The smooth sounds of a-Ha and Dire Straits comprised the soundtrack to my youth, with an occasional foray into the realm of Johnny Cash (it wasn't until much, much later that I realised that my mum was a huge fan of his and has most of his albums on vinyl. Mums are cool* :) ). Otherwise I was listening to old comedy records - the Goons, Shelley Berman, Tom Lehrer, and Gerard Hoffnung.
Oh, I like Tom Lehrer. Still brightens up my day if I'm down :D
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I had The VU + Nico on this morning whilst getting nowt.
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Massive Attack - Protection
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Hmm. I think I may have got the wrong end of the stick and lowered the tone of this thread :oops: :lol:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Andrew S wrote:Hmm. I think I may have got the wrong end of the stick and lowered the tone of this thread :oops: :lol:
If it's any consolation Andrew, I got the exact same "end" of the proverbial... :wink: :oops:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

In the Grip of a Tyrefitter's Hands ~ Budgie
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

This is all *way* over my head... :innocent: :|
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
eotunun
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:
eotunun wrote:Seventeen Seconds
Is that all it took? :lol:

I think I better go to sleep now.
I was young and innocent. I loved quickies.
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Early U2 - Boy, October, War, The Unforgettable Fire. Top albums.