T-shirts

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for all the responses. You've made an old(ish) guy feel very welcome. My favourite shirt was the 'Jesus Loves the Sisters'. Always got a response. Dodgy one on a weekend evening. A more pleasent one from little old religious ladies who would always compliment me on showing my religion. Am assuming, that apart from those sold on tour, that there isn't any official ones sold anymore? I think the Repile House still owe me a shirt! Never did get that free one! Thanks again for making me welcome!
The Chancer Corporation
replicant
Road Kill

No I never got a free one either! I want my free t-shirt! :-)
Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Oh the suspense. Currently at over £90 so I don't think I'll be bidding afterall.
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

I remember a Sisters Shirt

subliminal message:
satan
heroin
f**k

or something like that
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Andrew S wrote:Oh the suspense. Currently at over £90 so I don't think I'll be bidding afterall.
:eek:

Nice though...
"as we walk on the floodland"
80star
Road Kill

Peter KJ wrote:I remember a Sisters Shirt

subliminal message:
satan
heroin
f**k

or something like that
I remember that one! Had a weird black gloss font on a long sleeve top
"Shut Up! I am sick and tired of your stupid Hymns!"
-God
ff
Road Kill

Ha ha :) first T-shirt made for me "Jesus love the sisters" friend of mine. I send mail for Sisters and got a catalogue and he made for me this t-short :) Another I got from Prague. When i was 20 years old, and i made in last year from pictures was I found on Heartland.

Ha Ha :)
Mr. ED
Road Kill

One time I was wearing a Sisters tee on the PATH train from NJ to NY, and a group of nuns saw it and started smiling at me, talking to each other, whispering as if I was some supporter :D
Jesus Saves... but Espo tips in the rebound!
Dung Beetle
Road Kill

EvilBastard wrote:- a peace offering when they closed down The Reptile House for good.
Longer ago than I care to admit I received a postcard saying I was supposed to be getting some sort of special something-or-other. Could this have been it? But the card dates back to 1990 or so.

I got a free shirt on the Silver Bullet tour, but I brought Lighting Company Swag for the crew so maybe it was more of a trade?

The Tune In, Turn On, Burn Out shirt was wounded considerably as I was wearing it the day Quincy the Cat decided he was terrified of keys. Whoops.

The Overbombing 1993 Europe shirt is probably my favorite to look at, the Event Horizon shirt took the most effort as I went to the Hollywood show to get it, though non-Sisters fans seem to best like the Utterly Bastard Groovy shirt. Quoth one friend: it sounds like it should be offensive, but at least it does it in an intelligent manner.

Mrs. Dung Beetle likes the "Militant Sex Machine" hoodie from the Silver Bullet tour. She has a thing for hoodies, I don't but I know she does :wink:

The collection also includes a Body & Soul/Body Electric, a Reptile House E.P., a Distance Over Time, the free Silver Bullet, a "New logo" from back when it was a new logo, the tattered but probably wearable remains of the Tune In... shirt, and a head-n-star 1990 promo giveaway from a local radio station very faded from duty as a convertible's seatcover during the early 1990's.
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

today i am actually wearing my
"utterly bastard groovy"
t shirt . purchased the last time the sisters played the uni in leeds (i think) it was the last time i saw Mr Fiend and his other half too. (and probably most of the members here)
its a wee bit faded but still looks good. (on me any way)..............(ok i might be lying about the last bit)
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
Silver_Owl
The Don

nigel d wrote:today i am actually wearing my
"utterly bastard groovy"
t shirt . purchased the last time the sisters played the uni in leeds (i think) it was the last time i saw Mr Fiend and his other half too. (and probably most of the members here)
its a wee bit faded but still looks good. (on me any way)..............(ok i might be lying about the last bit)
I have to say mine is the best quality tee shirt I own by far. It's not faded and it's great material. Feel the quality. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I may have said this before somewhere, but Mr. ED's post reminded me. I used to go out with a girl from Northern Ireland whose grandmother was a member of Rev Ian Paisley's church. (For those unfamiliar with Irish/British politics, Paisley has for many years been the most prominent Protestant loyalist leader in Norhtern Ireland and was, until recently, Forst Minister. He also founded the Free Presbyterian Church, a conservative fundamentalist denomination, regularly delivering fire and brimstone services both in his church and in Parliament. Bearing in mind the NI situation back in the 1990s, anything of a Catholic persuasion was not in the least bit welcome.)

The one time I met the granny, I wore - without thinking - a Sisters shirt (a bootleg, but the only one I could find in those days). She took one look at it and bawled, "Sisters of Mercy? What's that?" She wasn't satisfied with our explanation that it was a band and not an order of nuns.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Mr. ED wrote:One time I was wearing a Sisters tee on the PATH train from NJ to NY, and a group of nuns saw it and started smiling at me, talking to each other, whispering as if I was some supporter :D
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
End of line.
jande
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Peter KJ wrote:I remember a Sisters Shirt

subliminal message:
satan
heroin
f**k

or something like that

Just sold one last night on ebay for £47 :D
Say!
In the dark? Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:
nigel d wrote:today i am actually wearing my
"utterly bastard groovy"
I have to say mine is the best quality tee shirt I own by far. It's not faded and it's great material. Feel the quality. ;D
Mine too. I had mine on for the Joseph's Well gig back in 2006, it got ragged about to hell but its still going strong today. Makes me looked absolutely stacked (muscular incase that's a word not many use) when I wear it too for some reason. :lol:

As I now have a scanner I'll have to pop on here the thing I got from the Reptile House back in 1995 (many that'll have it/seen it but many that won't I suppose so its worth it). Still in mint condition, must have about 30 available at the time t-shirts in plus loads of other little bits & bats.

Will have to learn how to actaully use the scanner now I guess...
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Useful. Thanks.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Nice work vicus :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

Ah, that's just annoying. I'd buy any of those, if I could get my hands on them. Really, Eldritch is infuriating.

At this point, it's got to be about the cash - the tours trundle ever on - but how bloody hard would it be to set up an online merchandising operation? Gigs and merch are reputedly where the cash is, so why not?

A webstore would involve shag all overheads and essentially free money for putting teeshirts in the post.

It defies belief.
Do I drive or am I driven?
psichonaut
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:Oh the suspense. Currently at over £90 so I don't think I'll be bidding afterall.
CONDITION = WORN BUT NO HOLES SNAGS OR TEARS...STILL SWEATED
the price stopped at 107,00...more than my "Armani" t-shirt
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

psichonaut wrote: 107,00...more than my "Armani" t-shirt
Ofcourse! :P :innocent: :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
paul
Overbomber

psichonaut wrote: the price stopped at 107,00...more than my "Armani" t-shirt
Armani? Never heard of that band :lol:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

psichonaut wrote:
CONDITION = WORN BUT NO HOLES SNAGS OR TEARS...STILL SWEATED
the price stopped at 107,00...more than my "Armani" t-shirt
"Armani" or Armani? :lol: Pretty steep for a worn tee either way :eek:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
psichonaut
Overbomber

but my t-shirt wasn't sweat when i bought it....does it worths?
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
GlosGoth
Road Kill

Hello

been along time since i posted but i can't believe i just read someone paid 107GBP for the 'entertianment or death' t-shirt!! :eek:
I thought we are about to enter a global apocalypse of the fiscal kind and someone has the balls to blow 107 quid on a second hand shirt. :?

Crikey!

apart from the sisters shirts there were the reptile house underneath the rock designs drawn by andrea white with different catalogue numbers.

i never saw anyone wear them at gigs - more likely to see bootleg shirts even back in the nineties...

if a shirt sells for 107 whats the (50 off) vision thing leather belt worth?