LASIK Eye Surgery

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm lucky that I don't need glasses (or lenses or anything)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

markfiend wrote:I'm lucky that I don't need glasses (or lenses or anything)
Aye, I'm in that lucky club with you.
Luck with your decision Don.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i know a few people that have had this done and that are very happy with the results.

however, from what i've heard having the surgery can cause problems later in life - as you get old and the body naturally starts to deteriorate, the eyes are one of the first things to develop problems - glaucoma, myopia, cataracts etc.

afaik, this stuff is harder to treat if the patient has previously had this op... :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
flakk13
Amphetamine Filth

I had Thin Flap LASIK done last year. Both eyes at the same time. had to redo one eye because the result wasn't perfect. My decision and no extra cost on my behalf.

Probably one of the best decisions I've ever made. I really recommend it.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

if you can read this without cutting and pasting then you don't need the surgery
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
James Blast
Banned

MadameButterfly wrote:
markfiend wrote:I'm lucky that I don't need glasses (or lenses or anything)
Aye, I'm in that lucky club with you.
Luck with your decision Don.
I was 45 before I started having difficulties reading books etc., so you guys still have time ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Aye, given that both my parents need glasses, and I have noticed a slight deterioration in my near vision (slight longsightedness IOW) it may only be a matter of time...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

long-sightedness or hyperopia, that's the chappy
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Only on the very rare (we're talking once-yearly kind of thing) occasion that I put my glasses on, I do realise that I spend the rest of my time walking around in a Monet painting :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Only on the very rare (we're talking once-yearly kind of thing) occasion that I put my glasses on, I do realise that I spend the rest of my time walking around in a Monet painting :lol:
Tried that several years ago but it eventually got to the point when I was risking my life crossing the road. :lol: