Other bands on the bill?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
czuczu
Overbomber

Anyone know who else played at these gigs?

Loreley 20th June 1992
Bad Religion, Fury in the Slaughterhouse, The Wonderstuff, Sheep On Drugs all played.
Pearl Jam & KMFDM weren't there (KMFDM were on the bill) but I'm sure at least some of these did play:
Concrete Blonde, Jingo De Lunch, Warrior Soul
?

Zeebrugge
24th July 1993
Depeche Mode, Van Morrison, Bjorn Again, The Wonderstuff all played but this is another one where the bill wasn't as published. Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure there was support for each of these, probably local but honestly can't remember..
Bonn
23rd June 2001

Ternat
13th October 2001

Budapest
23rd June 2006

Any help would be much appreciated! :notworthy:
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Bonn - Was supposed to be Bad Religion but it ended up being the rather dull H-Block.

Ternat - There was quite a few support bands but i can only remember Starflam (Rap) and Lords Of Acid. Gigs in Belgium garden centres are definitely my favourite type!

matt..

looking forward to another bizarre festival in Belgium.
czuczu
Overbomber

Ta v much,sir!
I kind of remember H Block being shouty hiphop kids? Bit like RATM but with 10 year olds..

I think Sunscreem were due to play Belga but were replaced by the Stuffies - always the best surprise band on the bill!
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I can only help out for the Belga Beach Festival at Zeebrugge 24/07/1993:
the original line up for that day at the beach was:

Depeche Mode (headliner)
Vaya Con Dios
Vanessa Paradis
The Sisters of Mercy
Van Morrison
The Wonder Stuff
Suncreem

In the end, miss Paradis didn't come and was replaced by Björn Again... :urff:
in dub we trust
lachert
Overbomber

ternat from official site:
Lords Of Acid, Starflam, Buscemi, Magnus, The Sheila Divine, etc.

nice topic anyway :D
i need some concrete info about bite the bullet tour. warlocks, ivories, dickinson...
long live rock'n'roll
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

this is a little too male for me, i guess.
guns & cars & accidents
Mothra

According to Clint Mansell in the "8 Legged Atomic Dustbin Will Eat Itself" (the biography of PWEI, Ned's and The Wonder Stuff), his early band From Eden (Clint and someone else from the Poppies, Miles Hunt & Malc Treece from The Wonder Stuff) were the support at the Selley Oak show in 82 or thereabouts.

He says it was just after The Sisters had been on the cover of Melody Maker, so it was the best gig they'd got to date.

I know thats one of the ones of The Sisters site that lists other bands as "?". Not much help in answering your question though :oops:
czuczu
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:I can only help out for the Belga Beach Festival at Zeebrugge 24/07/1993:
Yep, that sounds about right! :notworthy:
I know Sunscreem didn't play, can't remember if they were replaced or not.. I never thought of looking at the official site :oops:
lachert wrote: .....
i need some concrete info about bite the bullet tour. warlocks, ivories, dickinson...
No-one in Amsterdam, Nihil in Paris.. Ivories for all UK dates? That's about it for me!

Too male? Dunno, there maybe a touch of OCD on my part tho!
Is that 8 Legged Dustbin etc book any good? Been tempted to pick it up a couple of times.
Mothra

czuczu wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:I can only help out for the Belga Beach Festival at Zeebrugge 24/07/1993:
I know Sunscreem didn't play, can't remember if they were replaced or not.. I never thought of looking at the official site :oops:
lachert wrote: .....
No-one in Amsterdam, Nihil in Paris.. Ivories for all UK dates? That's about it for me!

Too male? Dunno, there maybe a touch of OCD on my part tho!
Is that 8 Legged Dustbin etc book any good? Been tempted to pick it up a couple of times.
8 Legged Dustbin... isn't a bad read. Its been updated now to include all 3 bands reformations but I've not read the new version. Its not one of those in depth texts that really digs into past histories, tracks down ex-members, people close to the band at the time, but it tells you what you need to know (and gives a good excuse to dig out copies of God Fodder, This is the Day and The Eight Legged Groove Machine!!). Think they are quite cheap on Amazon as well now.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

czuczu wrote:
I know Sunscreem didn't play, can't remember if they were replaced or not.....
We only arrived at the festival just when the good doctor kickstarted Ribbons, so I don't know about Sunscreem actually playing or not. But I do have a review in a newspaper that I just dug up and yep, they reviewed Sunscreem's performance too :lol: Actually, they liked the Sisters best that day on the beach!
I remember vividly that Björn Again came on after the Sisters and just a couple minutes in their show, the audience showed their appreciation with a massive rain of sand/beer/french fries/whatever they could throw in Björn Again's direction... they just kept to their dance routines. Fun fun fun ;D
And then that huge storm that broke lose when Depeche Mode started their Puppet Show... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
czuczu wrote:
lachert wrote: i need some concrete info about bite the bullet tour. warlocks, ivories, dickinson...
Indeed, The Ivories were support for all UK dates.
Nihil was also there on the first Brussels date (22/4), but fortunately they were gone on the second one (11/5) and replaced by Blutch. They were great! :D
in dub we trust
czuczu
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote: We only arrived at the festival just when the good doctor kickstarted Ribbons, so I don't know about Sunscreem actually playing or not. But I do have a review in a newspaper that I just dug up and yep, they reviewed Sunscreem's performance too :lol: Actually, they liked the Sisters best that day on the beach!
I remember vividly that Björn Again came on after the Sisters and just a couple minutes in their show, the audience showed their appreciation with a massive rain of sand/beer/french fries/whatever they could throw in Björn Again's direction... they just kept to their dance routines. Fun fun fun ;D
And then that huge storm that broke lose when Depeche Mode started their Puppet Show... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I guess we must have arrived late too - possibly due to the bus driver not paying any attention to the ferry as we exited and ripping both the sunroofs off - made the rain a lot more entertaining for the journey home :twisted:

I quite liked Bjorn Again, I did make a massive chair out of sand for Van Morrison though - had a nice nap during his set :innocent:
Pista
Cureboi

In Budapest IIRC, I think the band was called Flop.

I was a little tipsy, so could be mistaken.
:oops:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

yeah it was Flop
vicus

czuczu wrote:Ternat
13th October 2001
Yum/Bastian/The Sheila Divine/Mauro Starflam/The Sisters Of Mercy/ Lords Of Acid/Buscemi/Magnus (CJ Bolland en Tom Barman)
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Michael.Wood
Road Kill

1st time I saw them : Skeletal Family, then the Scientists who are wholeheartedly recommended, and gonzoid.

I remember Under Neath What and Kastrierte Philosophen (I think?!?) in germany in 1990, and The Mothers (who were very motherly) for the UK rentapad gigs.

The Sisters and The March Violets opened for The Fall in York on one of the first nights of their Hex Enduction Hour tour. The audience got f**ked by all 3 acts, (check The Fall tours website).

Merciful Release showcase gig 1982 York Uni : with The March Volets and Pink Peg Slax (hahaha).

Did the Sisters ever play with The Three Johns or Red Lorry Yellow Lorry?

When did they play with Nico too?

In 1983 they were 2nd on the bill with The March Violets to Virgin Prunes at the Electric Ballroom in London.

Weren't Curve rumoured to support at some gigs too, in 1993, which never happened (suport act La Costa Rasa)?

Hmm..

Michael :?: :?: